Church calls for ban on Sunday morning football matches

NG32

Actually if you dimwhits read the article properly hes complaining about the helicopter noise not the noise from the stadium

"But Mr Reed told Times Online that police helicopters circling above the church meant he had to raise his voice during the service and quiet reflection was impossible."

But dont let intelligence get in the way of ur prejudices!!

Actually if you dimwhits read the article properly hes complaining about the helicopter noise not the noise from the stadium

"But Mr Reed told Times Online that police helicopters circling above the church meant he had to raise his voice during the service and quiet reflection was impossible."

But dont let intelligence get in the way of ur prejudices!!

Bu the helicopters are there because of the FOOTBALL.

So what?  What does it matter if they're moaning about chanting, helicopters, crowds or police?  All of these are there because of the football and that's why they're trying to ban Sunday matches like a bunch of self righteous dickheads.  Their churchbells infringe on my quiet reflection in bed when I've got a hangover, I'm not trying to get them to move them to Monday afternoon when I'm at work.

"for derby games to be played later on Sundays to avoid a clash "

he says nothing about banning sunday matches.  Hes asking that DERBY matches are played after 12 oclock.  Seems entirely reasonable request.

The derby matches that are deliberately played early on police advice to prevent drunken carnage? 

Piss off church please.  The Invisible lobster Keith says no football on Wednesdays, should we stop footy on wednesdays?

If you want to listen to the bible, anyone who works on the sabbath should be stoned to death.

d'you want more dinner time games on sundays ?

Piss off church please.  The Invisible lobster Keith says no football on Wednesdays, should we stop footy on wednesdays?

If you want to listen to the bible, anyone who works on the sabbath should be stoned to death.

d'you want more dinner time games on sundays ?

I like there being an early kick off to watch in the pub before the match, especially if it's a derby where people are kicking lumps out of each other.  Our own games on the other hand...

Guest aoliversaknob

Thou should not visit the catherdral of football on sundays unless SKY are footing the bill and then it may be billed as a Super Sunday. All masses and services may not commence between the hours of 12 noon and 7pm and all will be forgiven. For thou wil always prey whilst knelling at the foot of the prophet richard and bow down until is hairy hands banish you of thy sins.