The European Cup Final 2008

midds

Would love Chelsea to win the double (ignoring the fact they're playing us).  Message boards, the media and pubs are full of unbearable arrogant Man U and Liverpool fans (Heard a conversation at half time in the toilet last night between cockney and geordie "scousers").  Dunno where the Chelsea fans are, maybe they actually live in London and can't use computers or something. Probably out stabbing people.  But anyway, the media have already lost out on their "dream final" of Man U and Liverpool, I'd love it if they end up with no wankfest to have at the end of the season.

Surely Roman Abramovich can pull some strings to put the Chelsea fans up somewhere/get the police to be a little over zealous with the Manc twats.

Maybe he'll let the KGB look after the Chelsea fans and have the Man U fans dealt with by the more hard-line Gung-ho Wasp.

KGB... Cagey Bee.... nevermind...

My best mate is married to a Russian and I've been over there a few times.

The Moscow police will be rubbing their hands with glee about this. It's a bribe culture and they can usually find stuff to pull you up on. There are very strict rules about carrying documentation with you etc.

I should imagine that quite a few fans will be coming back with lighter wallets than they'd anticipated. Mind you, if they've paid those ridiculous hotel prices in the first place then maybe they can afford it.

Surely Roman Abramovich can pull some strings to put the Chelsea fans up somewhere/get the police to be a little over zealous with the Manc twats.

Maybe he'll let the KGB look after the Chelsea fans and have the Man U fans dealt with by the more hard-line Gung-ho Wasp.

KGB... Cagey Bee.... nevermind...

Even after you explain it, I still don't understand why it's supposed to be funny.

Guest sittingontheball

I seriously hope Man U bottle the league. I don't mind them winning the CL though. The main thing is that after yesterday, it won't be the divine righters.

Two in the final is a great achievement for English clubs, though.  The Yanks vs. the Russky. Its the new Cold War!

Infact its good to see alot of europe have to stomach that the british game is superior to any italian/spanish style; for years weve been informed of our inferiority to all the BIg/great teams of europe.

Which we now know is all bollocks.  I hope the italians are all puking out their pasta right now!!

i'm italian

Are you cryin'?

At least it'll be easy for the fans from Manchester to travel.

?

They'll all be traveling from London that's why.  :razz:

You didn't think the final was in Manchester did you?

?

Eh?

Guest Phil K

Not keen on Chelski, but would choose them long before the gloyhunting b*st*rds

He doesn't need to.

They cause trouble wherever they go, then whine about the police in their variety of accents.

And then get Radio 5 and the rags to do their work for them.....

Guest Stephen927

I reckon whoever wins the Premiership, will lose in the Champions League final.

?

He's making the point that Man United fans don't come from Manchester. Are you just playing dumb?

Guest lankybellwipe

Just had a peek at this thread, 4 pages in, and can't be arsed to browse for connected issue.  As I mentioned in GC, I can't talk footy, much as I love it, so don't do it.

But, me and some colleagues were discussing Abramovic, and the russian mafia connections etc.  Would bribery or threats to the selected ref (the game being in moscow) be over the top?

Uefa should select Collina, or bring him out of his dressing gown.  He won't take no shit!

Guest lankybellwipe

Lanky get out of the football forum!

Sorry sir. It won't happen again. My friend told me to do it

:weep:

Guest aoliversaknob

Was extremely saddend to see to young guys about 10 years old playing footy in the street on wednesday. One was wearing a man u top and the other a chelsea. NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY IN NE28.  :angry:

I reckon chelsea might just turn them over again. Its fate man - its in the oligarchs own back yard, they will be do it for Franks mum  :tickedoff: and it would really piss mourinho off if the isreali zombee won it.

Was extremely saddend to see to young guys about 10 years old playing footy in the street on wednesday. One was wearing a man u top and the other a chelsea. NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY IN NE28:angry:

Can you please expand on that postcode

Guest aoliversaknob
:pow: Lets just say close enough to thespence media centre but to expand on the postcode would go beyond monkeying about at Preston north end.

Lets just say close enough to thespence media centre but to expand on the postcode would lead to some monkeying about at Preston north end

Greetings Adrian. To be fair,  NE28  had a fair few Spurs,Liverpool & the odd Sunderland fan in the 1980's but on speaking to some of these chaps on Facebook or seeing some of them at St James Park it looks like it was phase for most. Fairplay to one lad who has stuck with Everton though.

Jimmy Glass is playing for Cumbrians at this years masters at Newcastle.