Uefa Cup Semis

colinmk

Can hardly say undeserved. Worked tirelessly as an organised team.

Of course it was undeserved. How can you be allowed to win a two legged tie when you haven't created a chance over two legs and worse still, have barely even tried to create a chance. I hope Zenith destroy them tbh. It would be a victory for attacking football. Knowing the way European football is at the moment though, Rangers will shut up shop, play for pens and win it.

Not sure what you expect them to do, tbh. We're talking about Rangers, here, not Barcelona. Play to their strengths.

Precisely. Ugly football, but effective. And the victory in Sporting was superb.

Plus, i'm glad they've knocked a bunch of Italians out - bit hypocritical to call Rangers' style awful to watch. Italy = mingin fans, mingin football, dirty bastards. Well in, Rangers and Walter.

Ha. Shut up.

Of course it was undeserved. How can you be allowed to win a two legged tie when you haven't created a chance over two legs and worse still, have barely even tried to create a chance. I hope Zenith destroy them tbh. It would be a victory for attacking football. Knowing the way European football is at the moment though, Rangers will shut up shop, play for pens and win it.

Not sure what you expect them to do, tbh. We're talking about Rangers, here, not Barcelona. Play to their strengths.

Precisely. Ugly football, but effective. And the victory in Sporting was superb.

Plus, i'm glad they've knocked a bunch of Italians out - bit hypocritical to call Rangers' style awful to watch. Italy = mingin fans, mingin football, dirty bastards. Well in, Rangers and Walter.

Ha. Shut up.

Calm down babe.

Italian teams have been doing what Rangers did tonight for years. Good to see the Italians "out-Catenaccioed" for once.

Barring the Inter team of the 60's, name me some? That as you claim have done so for years.

Guest Toon1981

Ha. Shut up.

You can't expect them to deliberately get knocked out cos they're outclassed at this level.  Fair play to them.

Italian teams have been doing what Rangers did tonight for years. Good to see the Italians "out-Catenaccioed" for once.

Rangers have taken it to a whole new level tbh.

Ha. Shut up.

You can't expect them to deliberately get knocked out cos they're outclassed at this level.  Fair play to them.

It was aimed at Yorkie's very uneducated and uninformed opinion on Italian football.

Guest Toon1981

Rangers just defended for 3 and a half hours. What a f****** wretched, shitty team.

You need to be Scottish to understand the hilarity-based joy of being completely pants yet somehow coming out with an undeserved win.  If it was us I'd be pretty chuffed right now.

Guest Toepoke

Have to give Credit to Rangers here, they have an absolutely terrible team Cuellar and Ferguson are the only two good players in the whole team. A great display of Anti football :lol:

Rangers just defended for 3 and a half hours. What a f****** wretched, shitty team.

You need to be Scottish to understand the hilarity-based joy of being completely pants yet somehow coming out with an undeserved win.  If it was us I'd be pretty chuffed right now.

It's a great acheivement, playing to your strenghts is perfectly valid.

Guest Stephen927

It's not particularly entertaining football to watch, but had they went for the win they would have left themselves exposed and probably wouldn't find themselves in the UEFA Cup Final right now.

It's a good achievement for Rangers, congratulations to them.  :clap:

All this fuss! Rangers are through, by hook or by crook to a european final! i know we all wouldn't care if newcastle won the cup playing the way rangers did, as long as the won it!

(Tin hat firmly on...)

i'm just hoping for a Rangers Newcastle Final in 2 years! lol

Guest Toon1981

Newcastle will never play like that, though. It's not in our make-up. The managers who've tried have failed miserably.

As opposed to all the ones who have suceeded manificently.

Newcastle will never play like that, though. It's not in our make-up. The managers who've tried have failed miserably.

As opposed to all the ones who have suceeded manificently.

more like keegan/robson who failed magnificently

Do you not think we are playing effective football now? We have 2 cloggers & scouser with a engine as our midfield ffs. But I am not fussed because we are winning, people would be harping on about wingers if we were losing but we are not & that is because results take over performance when winning. However as we seen with Sam once the winning stops & Bolton esq football is exposed it is only then that people kick off & want to sack the manager or board.

Dont know how any one could be proud of them playing such shit football!I will play fucking chess before I watch those pricks again!

I might watch you play chess rather than go through that.Mind it is role reversal on how British and Italian teams played 30 odd year ago.