Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Bollocks, Kaka is still in the top bracket of players in the world for me. The problem is when you get such great players like him they produce the goods so often after they break on the scene the media turn their attention elsewhere and people assume they've gone down the pan.

He's been injured a lot over the past couple of seasons so hasn't reached his previous heights.

How many Newcastle fans complained when we broke the world record to sign Shearer?  ???

If City have the money, they've got every right to spend as much or as little ofit as they want. No point complaining, it just smacks of jealousy imo.

It's not the £100m transfer fee, of course they can spend what money they want.

It's the quoted £250,000-£500,000 a week wages. That's absolutely pathetic. Some footballers will be lucky to make that in their entire career tbh.

It'll ruin football because no matter how well players like Kaka play on the pitch, they'll make nearly 2-3m per month regardless.

Guest justin99.

How many Newcastle fans complained when we broke the world record to sign Shearer?  ???

If City have the money, they've got every right to spend as much or as little ofit as they want. No point complaining, it just smacks of jealousy imo.

It's the quoted £250,000-£500,000 a week wages. That's absolutely pathetic. Some footballers will be lucky to make that in their entire career tbh.

It'll ruin football because no matter how well players like Kaka play on the pitch, they'll make nearly 2-3m per month regardless.

you can't blame the players for the inflated wages though

How many Newcastle fans complained when we broke the world record to sign Shearer? ???

I don't, my problem is with Man City

There is no way that Man City will pay 100m for one player, let alone pay those sorts of wages. IF he moves then it will be more like 35m and wages of 120k a week.

:lol: They can't just turn around and go "Yeah, you know how we said £100m? Well we aren't gonna pay that anymore, it's more towards £35m...and those £220,000 a week wages? Change that first two to a one...."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cook : High Derek, can we have Shay for 3 million

Llambias: So you bid 100mil for Kaka and want our boy on the cheap

Cook: You got it

Llambias: I dont see any problem with that, Mike likes a few million for his Crystal champagne when he visits the States

Guest justin99.

but they're not doing anything wrong.

How many Newcastle fans complained when we broke the world record to sign Shearer? ???

They're offering to give a player 26 million pound a year, what's right about that?!

It will corrupt football. This is a real test of just how far we've come in these past few years. If Kaka signs for Man City, it'll just confirm what many have worried about - that football is dying and just like anything else it's about money.

If Kaka really cares about football, he'll stay at Milan. It's a better club, better league position, Champions League football etc. Man City are nothing atm.

Guest sicko2ndbest

They're offering to give a player 26 million pound a year, what's right about that?!

It will corrupt football. This is a real test of just how far we've come in these past few years. If Kaka signs for Man City, it'll just confirm what many have worried about - that football is dying and just like anything else it's about money.

If Kaka really cares about football, he'll stay at Milan. It's a better club, better league position, Champions League football etc. Man City are nothing atm.

UEFA Cup tbh

Guest justin99.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but who's to judge what they spend their money on.

this type of thing has been happening ever since football became professional, just that now it has reached enormous levels.

the more the game brings in, the more that will go out. 

AC would be insane not to accept that as would Kaka if he was offered half a million a week. People can talk about greed etc until the cows come home, but who wouldnt take half a million a week? Even if he stayed at City for just 2 or 3 years, hes made about £78 million :lol:

When we signed Shearer, where did the money come from? Where were we in terms of league standing?

Fair point we were one of the best teams in the country when he signed and we got obviously found the money from somewhere to make it happen. This arab bloke has waltzed in with loads of cash to spend and he wants instant success so he's prepared to pay through the nose to get the big names in. He's clearly not prepared to build things up slowly and if they've got the cash to make a real go of it then that's their good fortune. We signed a raft to players for big money to get to and stay near the top of the League and they're just starting the process.

Guest guinness_fiend

Manchester City are, like the rest of the clubs in the Premier League, primarily a business competing in an international market place within a capitalist framework and, market forces pending, can spend what they want on players. 

The reason why they are able to pay such silly sums is because they are able to secure such sums, be it through equity or debt finance. 

Until such time as (a) a "great depression" sweeps over the land and completely ruins the economy, taking the business-first, football club-second clubs with it, leaving the grass roots clubs to rebuild the football league; or (b) the EU get involved and introduce transfer/salary caps, this saga will run and run.

It would be interesting to see whether FIFA get involved at any point and whether they can get a test case in front of the European Courts, as despite the free movement of people etc. legislation, it may be arguable that a single club in itself (or a number of clubs in an indirect quasi-cartel relationship) has (or have) a monopoly in the market place (in its capacity as a business), which is something that EU competition law has major issues with.

I personally find it disgusting, but it will not change anytime soon. 

Ashley - bid £100m for Messi!

:D One of the stranger things you'll find in sports media. According to an article in eurosport.com, Kaka is actually a back-up option if Man City's bid for Bellamy isn't accepted.

If City fail to get Bellamy, they will settle for Kaka as their second choice. The Daily Express reports that chief executive Gary Cook has flown to Italy to open face-to-face negotiations with Milan about bringing in the not-half-bad Brazilian. City will smooth the move by waiting until summer, and are reportedly willing to set a new world record transfer fee.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/13012009/...lamy-kaka.html

:D One of the stranger things you'll find in sports media. According to an article in eurosport.com, Kaka is actually a back-up option if Man City's bid for Bellamy isn't accepted.

If City fail to get Bellamy, they will settle for Kaka as their second choice. The Daily Express reports that chief executive Gary Cook has flown to Italy to open face-to-face negotiations with Milan about bringing in the not-half-bad Brazilian. City will smooth the move by waiting until summer, and are reportedly willing to set a new world record transfer fee.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/13012009/...lamy-kaka.html

Bellamy for 12 million or Kaka for a 100??? I'd have Bellamy over Kaka any day of the week!!!

Bellamy for 20 million or Kaka for 30? Thats when I'd pick Kaka over the welsh gobshite