Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest wshmag

Better than last years window already ;)

don't be stupid , we signed a quality footballer who wears a spiderman mask.

p.s. that doesn't mean G.Barry isn't in it for the money, but no-one ever considers that he could see Man City as a club with a much greater chance of achieving a top 4 place, as tbh Aston Villa aren't going to get there anytime soon.

In the summer he said he wanted to go to Liverpool and it was purely about wanting CL football, nothing to do with money

He's just gone to Man City, who won't be playing any type of European football next season, without even seeing if the Liverpool interest materialised again.

I wonder what could have changed his mind.

I think he's gone for the money...

BUT I just get annoyed that no-one gets that Man City are an attractive club as they offer a good chance of being a 'big' club, fast. Alot better than anyone else outside of the top 4.

Out of the Blue... :o

Good signing for them like, who have AC got lined up?

Swapping 60 million euros and Sneijder or Robben if you take the word of the media

Guest Heneage

kaka said last night he was staying. very strange.

Because he wants to make out like Berlusconi is selling him, he's not asking to be transfered. I think he wants the Ultras to like him.

Can't see why he would move to City, if I were in his shoes I'd rather stay at Villa with O'Neill and play European football next season.

£££££££££££££££££

+1

Didnt he say the same time last year he wanted to move for champions league football? And has signed for MANC who didnt get a Europa (sic) spot?

Think if the sheiks stay they will have a canny team in a few years time providing Robinho doesnt get bored

Because he wants to make out like Berlusconi is selling him, he's not asking to be transfered. I think he wants the Ultras to like him.

I think its more AC Milan can't say no to that kind of offer.  Berlusconi has even said 'it's not an even playing field'

Guest Heneage

I think its more AC Milan can't say no to that kind of offer.  Berlusconi has even said 'it's not an even playing field'

I know but that is what I am saying, instead of Kaka saying anything that could compromise himself, just say "No no I want to stay I love this club." It's like being sold against your wishes it will only galvanize him as a Milan legend.

To be fair to City, Robinho and the ridiculous bid for Kaka (that was never going to come off) apart they've gone for sensible players and spent sensible money on them. They could have easily paid much more for Bridge/Bellamy/Given/Barry than they have.

I still dislike the idea of buying up all the good ready-made players though in an attempt to progress though, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if it was us tbh. Shallow as f***.

Are you joking? They're splashing about money as recklessly as Chelsea ever did. The only reason they haven't spent even more obscene amounts like the Robinho deal on a regular basis is that they are struggling to convince the big stars unlike Chelsea did with their location and already being in the top 4 back then.

I mean, how is £13m for Bridge sensible? Nothing special leftback who had been rotting away in the reserves at another club is worth that high a fee and a £90k a week pay packet? He's been predictably poor for them since signing.

How about £18m for De Jong? He's not worth that much anyway but doubly so when he had only 6 months left in his contract before he was available for £2.5m through a get out clause.

They paid top dollar for Bellamy as well considering his age/injury problems/patchy form since leaving Blackburn. Now Barry is getting not a £60k wage, but a £60k RISE, according to one of the papers.

To be fair to City, Robinho and the ridiculous bid for Kaka (that was never going to come off) apart they've gone for sensible players and spent sensible money on them. They could have easily paid much more for Bridge/Bellamy/Given/Barry than they have.

I still dislike the idea of buying up all the good ready-made players though in an attempt to progress though, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if it was us tbh. Shallow as f***.

Are you joking? They're splashing about money as recklessly as Chelsea ever did. The only reason they haven't spent even more obscene amounts like the Robinho deal on a regular basis is that they are struggling to convince the big stars unlike Chelsea did with their location and already being in the top 4 back then.

I mean, how is £13m for Bridge sensible? Nothing special leftback who had been rotting away in the reserves at another club is worth that high a fee and a £90k a week pay packet? He's been predictably poor for them since signing.

How about £18m for De Jong? He's not worth that much anyway but doubly so when he had only 6 months left in his contract before he was available for £2.5m through a get out clause.

They paid top dollar for Bellamy as well considering his age/injury problems/patchy form since leaving Blackburn. Now Barry is getting not a £60k wage, but a £60k RISE, according to one of the papers.

And we could only get a basic fee for our 'rat jumping the ship' from them.  :tickedoff:

Hmm, I thought Bridge was cheaper and I'd forgotten about that De Jong deal. :blush:

My main point was that I didn't like the method of buying up players like that anyway tbf.

Guest fraser

p.s. that doesn't mean G.Barry isn't in it for the money, but no-one ever considers that he could see Man City as a club with a much greater chance of achieving a top 4 place, as tbh Aston Villa aren't going to get there anytime soon.

In the summer he said he wanted to go to Liverpool and it was purely about wanting CL football, nothing to do with money

He's just gone to Man City, who won't be playing any type of European football next season, without even seeing if the Liverpool interest materialised again.

Quite.

TBF to Barry, he's not a Brummie, it's not what you'd call a gripping place (though it is very big) and Man City have far more chance of wave-making next season; Villa could yet make an early exit from Europe, who knows?

He'll earn lots of money, play in many games (unlike at Liverpool) and feature for England in the World Cup. No-brainer really.

Guest toonlass

What kind of reception will he get when he comes back to Villa park Brummie?

What kind of reception will he get when he comes back to Villa park Brummie?

A much, much worse one than he'd have got if he had gone to Liverpool ("I only want to leave for CL football, it isn't about money, were it not for that, I wouldn't be thinking of leaving"). That and even when he wanted his "dream move" he didn't have the balls to put in a transfer request.

I was resigned to him going to Liverpool, and would have understood it, as would most of us, but this has really, really got my goat.

That's all to do with him, the man, though. I still think Petrov was miles better than him last season, and something needs changing in our central midfield, so from that perspective, I'm not too worried.

It is just the duplicity of it all that annoys me. I also think there will be an awful lot more of this going on with regard to Man City this summer.

We offered him 80k a week, apparently.

Now, they must have offered him a much better deal than that, purely by dint of the fact that he hasn't even waited to see if Liverpool come back with his "dream move", he's off and the season finished, what, two weeks ago.

I reckon he'll be on 120k a week. If he is, then the game is going to hell in a handcart, it really is beyond redemption.

"I didn't need long to make up my mind" he said earlier. What he probably meant was "I didn't need to engage in any verbal interaction whatsoever, they just sent me a spreadsheet".

He'll earn lots of money, play in many games (unlike at Liverpool) and feature for England in the World Cup. No-brainer really.

Like he would at Villa, like he would at Villa, and like he would at Villa.

It is all about the first one of those points.

This'll go on all summer now, wait and see.

One of the worst things is that i find myself forced into actually agreeing with Michel Platini.

It's like waking up one morning and finding yourself with a hard-on thinking about the UKIP manifesto.

City will be a better team then Villa, only problem is that it's gonna take them some time to understand how shit Hughes is, when they replace him with a quality manager they will be counted for.

Disagree. City will have better players than Villa, and that's about it.