Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I think they could work. Crouch, despite his height, doesn't strike me as the strongest of people. His close control however and holding up of the ball is excellent. Jones is a more strong, naturally athletic kind of striker who, if he can be bothered, can give any defender a hard time. He's also fairly quick.

Guest firetotheworks

£12m for Crouch? :lol:

Strikers are usually the most expensive. I personally think he's worth it...just.

Guest Stephen927

I quite like Crouch. I doubt they'd play together as I can see Jones moving on, but Crouch and Jones is the type of partnership Sam Allardyce has wet dreams over.

Guest Heneage

Looks like someone at Sky and Preston failed GCSE Geography.

16.45 Preston have confirmed that Simon Whaley has travelled to Scotland to have talks with Norwich.

Guest Stephen927

Someone at Sky clearly failed GCSE Geography.

16.45 Preston have confirmed that Simon Whaley has travelled to Scotland to have talks with Norwich.

Norwich might be having pre season in Scotland?

They're currently on a pre-season tour there, dumbass.

Guest Heneage

They're currently on a pre-season tour there, dumbarse.

FYP. You're English not American.

Guest Stephen927

Mark Hughes saying Terry wouldn't be moving for the money, but for a new challenge. Bollocks.

Mark Hughes saying Terry wouldn't be moving for the money, but for a new challenge. Bollocks.

Never understood that. Just because you're changing team, you'll still be playing the same teams you were before so it isn't really a new challenge at all, only if you moved leagues could you say that.

Never understood that. Just because you're changing team, you'll still be playing the same teams you were before so it isn't really a new challenge at all, only if you moved leagues could you say that.

He'll be playing lesser teams, given that they're not in the Champions League. Just what he needs leading up to the World Cup. :thup:

He'll be playing lesser teams, given that they're not in the Champions League. Just what he needs leading up to the World Cup. :thup:

Even so that's still not a different challenge, just taking away a few teams he's playing now, he won't be playing against anyone he isn't already at Chelsea.

Guest Stephen927

Well, it would be a new challenge, the challenge of getting City into the Champions League and perhaps even competing for the Premiership, but I'm sure the money on offer will effect Terry's decision far more than the thought of joining to help City to a position where they can compete for honours.

Alfonso Alves will be back with a vengeance soon. Wouldn't be surprised if Man U sign him seems to be the type of striker they're going for at the moment.

You could be right, they still haven't replaced Smith.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Interesting that Terry hasn't come out and shown his undying loyalty to Chelsea yet. I will find it highly amusing if he goes to City. There's no way he can defend the choice other than for money, let's see what the pundits make of it. He's clearly a complete cunt like the growing majority of footballers these days.

Epic fail Nixon, and dumbass is also a commonly used English saying now  :facepalm:

By who?  :dowie:

Us southern twats, dumbass!

Fuck off, you're not southern. Don't tar us with your brush. :angry:

Guest kingdawson

We're in talks with Robben. His interview on SSN was weird as he hinted he wouldn't be against the move :yikes:.