Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Fabregas is off to Barca.

Great news....but where's this from?

SSN, they reckon he's told Wenger he wants to leave.

SSN's source is Guillem Balague though, wouldn't believe him if he told me the grass was green.

How would they fit all 3 of Iniesta, xavi and fabregas in the same midfield? I get that iniesta can play as a wing forward but surely with the emergence of Pedro this season they can't really drop him? This is obviously assuming that Villa signs and with messi will take up the other 2 forward slots.

If it is true I'm obviously very dissapointed and always thought he would stay for one more year but if a player wants to leave you can't really stop them. Ramsey to replace him, no need to sign somebody for his position.

On the face of it, it'd be pointless Barca signing him now when Xavi and Iniesta are definitely better than him at this point in time. But given how many games the utterly useless Keita featured in this year, Fabregas would be a major addition to their squad.

I'd be surprised if this news was true, not so much that he wants to leave, but that Barca want him now. As has been mentioned, it's hard to see how Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas will fit into the midfield. I'm not sure getting Fabregas and Villa in the same window would be the best move for Barca, albeit it would be a joy to watch at times.

Can't see Ibra lasting there long.

How would they fit all 3 of Iniesta, xavi and fabregas in the same midfield? I get that iniesta can play as a wing forward but surely with the emergence of Pedro this season they can't really drop him? This is obviously assuming that Villa signs and with messi will take up the other 2 forward slots.

I'm wondering how they're going to accommodate Villa, Ibra and Messi in the same forward line.

If it is true I'm obviously very dissapointed and always thought he would stay for one more year but if a player wants to leave you can't really stop them. Ramsey to replace him, no need to sign somebody for his position.

Hows his leg coming along?

Hmm, are you sure about that? Ramsey and Song/Diaby in centre mid?

Hopefully Wenger uses the funds from any Fabregas deal (presuming he'll be given most if not all) to finally get those key positions sorted out. You got high hopes for Chamakh? Should be a good signing.

I like the look of your forward line; if only Eduardo could recapture his from from a couple of years ago.

Guest je85

I'm wondering how they're going to accommodate Villa, Ibra and Messi in the same forward line.

I assumed it would be Villa and Messi flanking Ibra, with him dropping off (not falling asleep, although sometimes he seems to) when they push inwards.

Iniesta seems to miss 2-3 months ever year due to injury, plus suspensions, rotations... as said Keita does get a lot of games. Again, it gives us alternatives. Our starting XI has always been scary, but look at our bench and a lot of times we don't have anything to bring on if somebody isn't having a good game or stuff just isn't working. I'm not saying that Cesc is coming to sit on the bench, just that for the first time we can play around depending on form. If Pedro isn't having a good patch, put Iniesta in the wing, if the opposition is shutting Xavi down, put Cesc alongside him... there are a lot of games where I wished we had the tools to do that.

What I'm having trouble seeing is where Zlatan is going to fit if Villa also ends up coming: Pedro, Bojan, Iniesta, Villa, Messi, Zlatan.. a bit too crowded to keep everybody happy.

Iniesta seems to miss 2-3 months ever year due to injury, plus suspensions, rotations... as said Keita does get a lot of games. Again, it gives us alternatives. Our starting XI has always been scary, but look at our bench and a lot of times we don't have anything to bring on if somebody isn't having a good game or stuff just isn't working. I'm not saying that Cesc is coming to sit on the bench, just that for the first time we can play around depending on form. If Pedro isn't having a good patch, put Iniesta in the wing, if the opposition is shutting Xavi down, put Cesc alongside him... there are a lot of games where I wished we had the tools to do that.

What I'm having trouble seeing is where Zlatan is going to fit if Villa also ends up coming: Pedro, Bojan, Iniesta, Villa, Messi, Zlatan.. a bit too crowded to keep everybody happy.

Can you see Zlatan staying for more than another year? I'm not even sure he'll be there come September.

Also, what do you make of Bojan's development? There's something about him that tells me he won't cut it at the top level. And that's the sort of level we have to really be comparing him to due to the astounding success Barca have of bringing players through.

Guest neesy111

Can you see Zlatan staying for more than another year? I'm not even sure he'll be there come September.

Also, what do you make of Bojan's development? There's something about him that tells me he won't cut it at the top level. And that's the sort of level we have to really be comparing him to due to the astounding success Barca have of bringing players through.

Bojan last 2 months has been excellent

Bojan last 2 months has been excellent

Can't say I've watched him loads. He's good but I hold reservations about him reaching the top level.

Wenger has two options now. He either needs to make a couple of massive signings, or instead of coming out every year and saying there is money to spend but he decides not to, actually say there is no money to spend. Because if he doesn't he's undoing all of his great work throughout the years.

Fabregas isn't just a fantastic player, he's one of the few players they have who has character and fight as well. Over the past few seasons Wenger has lost players like Henry, Vieira and Pires who all may have been on the decline footballing wise, but all had vast experience and knew how to win things. Something which this Arsenal team don't.

Easy there... I don't expect every youth product from our academy to be world class! He's surprised me this season. He started badly and got progressively worse... but when he got his chance after Zlatan's loss of form he grabbed it and has had a great finish to the season. He has great mobility, isn't afraid to run at players... he sort of Eto'o lite. We have never, never, never produced a good striker but I'm sure he'll be at least a good squad member in a great team.

I can't see Zlatan staying at the club if we sign both Cesc and Villa. I'm still really not that sure about Cesc coming though.

If it is true I'm obviously very disappointed and always thought he would stay for one more year but if a player wants to leave you can't really stop them. Ramsey to replace him, no need to sign somebody for his position.

Hows his leg coming along?

Very well. He was walking in a couple of weeks and is now walking unaided, I wouldn't be surprised to see him being weaned back in come the start of next season.

Easy there... I don't expect every youth product from our academy to be world class! He's surprised me this season. He started badly and got progressively worse... but when he got his chance after Zlatan's loss of form he grabbed it and has had a great finish to the season. He has great mobility, isn't afraid to run at players... he sort of Eto'o lite. We have never, never, never produced a good striker but I'm sure he'll be at least a good squad member in a great team.

I can't see Zlatan staying at the club if we sign both Cesc and Villa. I'm still really not that sure about Cesc coming though.

I wouldn't expect every youth product to be world class, no, but I'm saying because of the quality of players you've had come through, an initially high standard has got to be used IMO. If he has had such a good finish, it'd be a shame for him to be just a squad member next year albeit in a sublime team. I suppose he'd be happy with that for the time being.

We'll give you Yakubu and a bag of pork scratchings for him?

Guest geordienorway

Wenger will probably go after Gourcuff now. If he can cut it the Prem, I don't think Arsenal are that much weakened.

I'd take Ibra for him plus Yaya. No money.

Sounds like a win-win for both. Swap Cesc for Ibra.

How is Arsenal putting a massive hole in their midfield to gain an erratic striker a 'win'?