Other clubs' transfers

Dave

With that Short bloke taking over, does it mean all the Irish investors have left now?  Have they still got all the Irish supporters or have they moved on as well?

dunno..........don't care

With that Short bloke taking over, does it mean all the Irish investors have left now?  Have they still got all the Irish supporters or have they moved on as well?

As far as I know a lot stayed. 

dunno..........don't care

What was the point in replying then? ;)

Guest defo

Let's not fortget that to manage a club in the Prem is probably top of the list for every manager in Europe, no matter what level. To manage one that has a few straight years there, a load of money to spend (if it's true) and a decent stadium makes them not unattractive, particularly if the salary on offer is huge.. I don't think they'd struggle to bring someone big in and then the players will follow. Just what we all need.

Coppell.

f***ing hope not.

You don't really rate him do you? His ability to attract big names would not be much higher than Sbragia's. It's arguably the one advantage Shearer has, he's known around Europe.

How in the fuck did you work that out then? I said I hope they DON'T get him.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Coppell.

f***ing hope not.

You don't really rate him do you? His ability to attract big names would not be much higher than Sbragia's. It's arguably the one advantage Shearer has, he's known around Europe.

How in the fuck did you work that out then? I said I hope they DON'T get him.

What's your problem with Coppel man? Bordering on a witch hunt. Leave it out man

http://www.journallive.co.uk/newcastle-sports/newcastle-sports-news/2009/05/25/davies-villa-could-land-owen-84229-23708095/

Curtis Davies believes it would send a message of intent to the other Barclays Premier League clubs if Aston Villa were to pursue out-of-contract Newcastle striker Michael Owen.

Owen looks certain to have played his last game for the Magpies as a substitute against Villa when a single-goal reversal confirmed their relegation from the top flight.

Central defender Davies said: "I am sure Michael Owen doesn't need revitalising by any manager. I am sure Michael Owen, if he goes somewhere, keeps fit and plays games, is going to score goals."

He added: "He is that good a player. Unfortunately this season, just as he started to hit form, he got injured again and hasn't managed to put a run of games together.

"I'd love to see him here at Villa if that was an opportunity, although at the same time there will be other clubs sniffing around him.

"People will say about his wages but, if you are getting him on a free transfer, it offsets that.

"If we are ever in the running for a player like that, it will show the progression of this club and hopefully we can get someone like that."

The speculation will now heighten over the future of Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, who has only 12 months remaining of his current deal and is likely to again be a target for Liverpool.

Davies feels the England star would be almost irreplaceable should he decide to end his 12-year stay with the midlands club in his desire to play Champions League football.

He said: "I hope Gareth stays. Only Gareth and the gaffer (Martin O'Neill) hold the key to that. I am sure they will be in contact talking about a contract over the summer. Gareth would almost be irreplaceable because, if you sell Gareth or he goes, who are you going to get in?"

http://www.journallive.co.uk/newcastle-sports/newcastle-sports-news/2009/05/25/davies-villa-could-land-owen-84229-23708095/

Curtis Davies believes it would send a message of intent to the other Barclays Premier League clubs if Aston Villa were to pursue out-of-contract Newcastle striker Michael Owen.

Owen looks certain to have played his last game for the Magpies as a substitute against Villa when a single-goal reversal confirmed their relegation from the top flight.

Central defender Davies said: "I am sure Michael Owen doesn't need revitalising by any manager. I am sure Michael Owen, if he goes somewhere, keeps fit and plays games, is going to score goals."

He added: "He is that good a player. Unfortunately this season, just as he started to hit form, he got injured again and hasn't managed to put a run of games together.

"I'd love to see him here at Villa if that was an opportunity, although at the same time there will be other clubs sniffing around him.

"People will say about his wages but, if you are getting him on a free transfer, it offsets that.

"If we are ever in the running for a player like that, it will show the progression of this club and hopefully we can get someone like that."

The speculation will now heighten over the future of Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, who has only 12 months remaining of his current deal and is likely to again be a target for Liverpool.

Davies feels the England star would be almost irreplaceable should he decide to end his 12-year stay with the midlands club in his desire to play Champions League football.

He said: "I hope Gareth stays. Only Gareth and the gaffer (Martin O'Neill) hold the key to that. I am sure they will be in contact talking about a contract over the summer. Gareth would almost be irreplaceable because, if you sell Gareth or he goes, who are you going to get in?"

Curtis Davies was shit yesterday too.Far too casual.

FC Twente and Austria winger Marko Arnautovic has agreed terms on a deal with Chelsea, but the clubs are yet to agree a fee. (AFP news agency)

He was supposed to be going to Inter the other day.  ???

Has anyone seen him play? Must be a bit special to have those two sides after him.

Curtis Davies was shit yesterday too.Far too casual.

Davies looks good with a leader like Laursen alongside him, but without a strong character like that, he looks fucking awful, which is what he has been since Laursen's injury.

He makes some fantastic interceptions when nothing is expected of him, but he just panics over relatively easy situations far, far too often.

Don't think so mate. Just don't look good enough!

In my eyes there is only 2 players on that team that would be in a starting eleven in an English top 4 side, and that is Zlatan and Cambiasso, maybe Zanetti.

Can't see anyone else in that line-up.

Shocking comment.

Despite our disgust at his end to the season, I still think players like Coloccini (and Jonas/Enrique/Xisco) will hold decent value, at least with regards to Spanish teams.

Guest kingdawson

Diego to Juventus £21mil

Juve overpaid by about £7mill if that's the correct fee.

Guest kingdawson

FC Twente and Austria winger Marko Arnautovic has agreed terms on a deal with Chelsea, but the clubs are yet to agree a fee. (AFP news agency)

He was supposed to be going to Inter the other day.  ???

Has anyone seen him play? Must be a bit special to have those two sides after him.

No but i've seen Elia for Twente and he looks seriously good.

Guest Heneage

Diego to Juventus £21mil

:lol:

Aye right o.

Guest Heneage

Diego to Juventus £21mil

:lol:

Aye right o.

Yeah, obviously worth the same value as Palacios.

He's arguably the best player in the Uefa cup this season, and was doing brilliant in the Bundesliga. But no no he's no Luka Modric.