Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Where is all this madrid money coming from?

£500m in debt and selling their stadium is the word on the street.

Guest Heneage

Albiol's quality.... I think. Unless he's had an awful past few months. Negredo is also an exciting striker.

Has Negredo moved?

He's a Real Madrid player, he's been on loan at Almeria for two years.

No he hasn't. Both him and Esteban Granero were sold to Almeria and Getafe respectively with buy back clauses that expire in July this year I believe.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

£500m in debt and selling their stadium is the word on the street.

Maybe thats the word on stupid street.

Take it up with Graham Hunter, his little nugget not mine.

They have a unique TV deal that sees only them gain profits from each TV viewing. I think last seasons was roughly 150 million or something stupid. They can basically afford anyone they want just on the back of this. Not to mention stuff like champions league money, merchandise sales and the brand name in itself.. they pretty much have the whole of South America on their side.

Guest Heneage

Plus people are forgetting the money they make from the players they buy. Shirt sales world wide, 50% of image rights. It was claimed they'll earn €126m from Ronaldo and Kaka.

Plus imagine how much they've made via the cash cow that is David Beckham.

Real Madrid are a money-making behemoth, holding loans with local banks who are in no rush to take their money back, in a country with significantly kinder tax rules than our fair land.

One for GG;

Not a 'transfer' but can't think where else this goes:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5377703,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Malky Mackay will be appointed as Watford's new manager on Monday.

Former centre-back Mackay played at Vicarage Road for three years before managing the club on a caretaker basis following the departure of Adrian Boothroyd in 2008.

The Hornets are currently seeking a new boss following Brendan Rodgers' departure for Reading at the beginning of June.

A number of names have been linked with the position, but it is understood Mackay is set to be unveiled at the beginning of next week.

Guest Heneage

chelsea were being linked with johnson. it would be funny if he were to f*** up his career for the second time by joining chelsea.

how would he f*** it up?

He fails to displace Bosingwa and goes from regular for England and Pompey to regular for Chelsea reserves.

Guest Heneage

If they buy him it'll be for the first team, can see Bosingwa going to Bayern as part of a deal for Ribery

So that leaves them with Mancienne and Ivanovic for Right Back? Why bother.

If they buy him it'll be for the first team, can see Bosingwa going to Bayern as part of a deal for Ribery

So that leaves them with Mancienne and Ivanovic for Right Back? Why bother.

They'll have Johnson as well - you know, the whole point of the discussion?

Guest Heneage

Ivanovic is no right back man, and mancienne hasn't proved anything yet

Ergo my point. If Johnson gets injured you have no cover.

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Right, i'm suggesting that Johnson will come in and Bosingwa will go. What the f*** does that have to do with Mancienne and Ivanovic?  :lol:

Because if they ship Bosingwa that's the only cover for RB they have should Johnson get injured.