Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Man city 'leading the chase to sign Geovanni dos santos'- SSN

Good little player him, we should be in there (who's conducting this alledged transfer anyway? what with citeh in disarray an'all)

Man city 'leading the chase to sign Geovanni dos santos'- SSN

Good little player him, we should be in there (who's conducting this alledged transfer anyway? what with citeh in disarray an'all)

And now Etoo to Tottenham, im gonna throw up soon, Yuk!

Both of these are pure speculation IMO. Of course they are good players but if Eto'o ends up at Spurs without Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool coming in for him, i will eat my hat.

O'Neill saying Liverpool have undervalued Barry with their offer.

Getting ready to sell IMO.

Aye was shocked to see him say that. Maybe it was taken out of context to sound like he wanted to sell though. Mind you i think i read somewhere that he would consider a bigger offer.

O'Neills body language suggests that he believes Barry wants to go. If i was a Villa fan i wouldn't worry O'Neill's a good manager and Barry, albeit a very good player, isn't a world beater.

I could see them getting 20m for him.

Barry will go, nailed on.

As I've mentioned here a few times, he's a very good player, but he's had at best half a season this year. If he went for a decent price, I genuinely wouldn't be that bothered (so long as we replace him with someone with a bit of quality - easier said than done, mind).

He'll get rotated into obscurity at Liverpool, though

O'Neills body language suggests that he believes Barry wants to go. If i was a Villa fan i wouldn't worry O'Neill's a good manager and Barry, albeit a very good player, isn't a world beater.

Got to trust the manager. He got a relegated doomed squad to mid table last year, and without spending excessively last summer has got us to (probably) 6th.

I trust him.

Aye was shocked to see him say that. Maybe it was taken out of context to sound like he wanted to sell though. Mind you i think i read somewhere that he would consider a bigger offer.

I can't see him going for anywhere near that amount, £14 million max and that would be too much.

I think Liverpool will try and push some of their cast offs in as part of the deal, possibly Finnan.

Barry will go, nailed on.

As I've mentioned here a few times, he's a very good player, but he's had at best half a season this year. If he went for a decent price, I genuinely wouldn't be that bothered (so long as we replace him with someone with a bit of quality - easier said than done, mind).

He'll get rotated into obscurity at Liverpool, though

I agree with you. Could see him bringing in Barnes as a replacement (being young and english).

I can't see him going for anywhere near that amount, £14 million max and that would be too much.

I think Liverpool will try and push some of their cast offs in as part of the deal, possibly Finnan.

O'Neills too particular in his dealing to accept a cast off. Maybe 20m was a bit off but no reason why he can't fetch Hargreaves, Carrick fee. What was that 15+?

He won't want cast offs, especially not 32 year old ones. They can stick their shit goalkeeper up their arses, too.

He's an England midfielder. How much did Michael Carrick go for?

I certainly don't see how he can be rated at 10m, that's a joke.

Benitez always makes these weird transfers for UEFA cup quality players - crouch, kuyt, pennant, bellamy, benayoun, voronin now barry. the kind of players who will help you maintain 4th spot but who simply aren't of the quality to help turn them into title challengers. will probably sell Alonso too, who is a better player than Barry.

Incidentally, I suspect the main reason Benitez is attempting to push cast offs on MON is because he's got no money this summer.

I also think that leaking the offer to the Liverpool Echo when we had a crucial game the next day was a shitty, shitty trick.

He won't want cast offs, especially not 32 year old ones. They can stick their shit goalkeeper up their arses, too.

He's an England midfielder. How much did Michael Carrick go for?

I certainly don't see how he can be rated at 10m, that's a joke.

He's not anywhere near as good as either Carrick or Hargreaves though, even if he has got a regular place for England this season.

If Villa price him too high Benitez will walk away.

Wouldn't call Barry a UEFA cup player like.

I could see him fitting into say Chelseas midfield quite nicely and if Man Utd didn't have Carrick and Hargreaves them too.

He's no worse than them, in fact he's got a few qualities they don't.

You say that like it is a negative thing.

He's not got the experience Hargreaves has, but he's as good as Carrick was when he left Spurs.

He's not got the experience Hargreaves has, but he's as good as Carrick was when he left Spurs.

Carrick was the main reason Spurs got to 5th place that season, you've just said yourself Barry has only performed for half a season.

Wouldn't call Barry a UEFA cup player like.

I could see him fitting into say Chelseas midfield quite nicely and if Man Utd didn't have Carrick and Hargreaves them too.

He's no worse than them, in fact he's got a few qualities they don't.

what i mean by that is they're not the sort of players capable of turning liverpool from 4th best to 1st best. they're good enough to maintain liverpool's status in the top four, as liverpool have other star players like gerrard and torres, but they're nothing special.

Carrick helped turn Man Utd into league champions after 3 or 4 years of being off the pace, Barry's a step down from the likes of him or Mascherano. Even Alonso is a better player with a more accomplished passing range, yet it seems Barry will come in to replace him, so not exactly a move to propel liverpool to the league title.

Carrick was the main reason Spurs got to 5th place that season, you've just said yourself Barry has only performed for half a season.

This season.

He's still a very good player and an England international, and worth considerably more than 10m. I'd estimate 15-16m at least.

If they want him, they can pony up the cash. If they haven't got the cash, then they can do one.

what i mean by that is they're not the sort of players capable of turning liverpool from 4th best to 1st best. they're good enough to maintain liverpool's status in the top four, as liverpool have other star players like gerrard and torres, but they're nothing special.

I don't think Liverpool have the money required to propel them to 1st place, that's the problem.

There's a big gap between the Sky4 and the rest of us, but there's a growing gap between the top two and third and fourth.

If Barry moves to a top 4 club he will surprise a lot of people I think. High quality player who has surprisingly continued to maintain a high standard of play despite being with Villa through their tough times, and despite being moved around a fair bit position wise.

Carrick and Lampard we're seen to be okay players at their previous clubs too. I honestly think that of the three Barry has the most potential. He's fitter and more mobile and athletic than Frank and has more presence and strength than Carrick.

I don't think Liverpool have the money required to propel them to 1st place, that's the problem.

There's a big gap between the Sky4 and the rest of us, but there's a growing gap between the top two and third and fourth.

true, i think he'll have to sell. even Bellamy out - Voronin in to me looked like a money raising enterprise.