Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Stephen927

He probably hasn't earnt that much so far, he'll be on just under a grand a week and is probably thinking about what will happen to him when he's in his 30s and retiring. It's not like at the top level where you can retire on the money you've made and live a lavish lifestyle.

Fair play to him, hope he gets what he wants out of life. If he isn't happy getting up in the morning for training then why stay in that job, if it was a 'normal' job most would be advising him to look at alternative options.

Semioli is a right winger, not a right back like ssn have been claiming.

I am aware he's a right winger, maybe (for some reason) Fiorentina see Eboue as a right winger also!

Fiorentina state they are still interested in Eboue 19th August

Fiorentina sell Semioli 20th August

I'll be gutted if Eboue goes.(I'm being deadly serious btw)

Why?

He is a VERY good squad player to have he provides the kind of depth we need and previously have struggled without and also he brings morale up around the team, he's meant to be one of the favourite players in the squad for the other team members!

Was very enjoyable, how quiet were your lot?

How lovely and old is your away end, felt like i'd gone back in time! But i liked it, was like Highbury a bit!

Your fans were very good after the match like, very dignified congratulating and saying you hope we win the league (Im sure that's just because United/Chelsea/Liverpool are hated more like though :lol:)

Can't believe you gave Fabregas so much space, such a good manager like Moyes and he didn't stick someone with Fabs, i thought Neville was going to get stuck on him tbh!

The performance was shambolic, the most embarrassing I've seen us since Moyes came in. Luckily I suspect it was a one-off if our response last night was anything to go by, but we have an important game on Sunday.

But as much as we were awful, you took full advantage. If it was the other way round, we'd have perhaps struggled to a 1-0 win, but you ripped us to shreds. I was almost laughing (it was either that or depression) when I saw Fabregas' 2nd. Just, plain worrying.

Same as most other fans, we much prefer Arsenal to the other 3, unsurprisingly.

And aye, I guess it does retain that 'lovely, old' feeling for those who like it. I like it but essentially, it can't last much longer.

How lovely and old is your away end, felt like i'd gone back in time! But i liked it, was like Highbury a bit!

Your fans were very good after the match like, very dignified congratulating and saying you hope we win the league (Im sure that's just because United/Chelsea/Liverpool are hated more like though :lol:)

Can't believe you gave Fabregas so much space, such a good manager like Moyes and he didn't stick someone with Fabs, i thought Neville was going to get stuck on him tbh!

I have to ask Ash. With everyone fit what is your first Arsenal 11. Fabregas has been class in that free role just off the front man but will he remain there with Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky available? I could see him then moving back alongside Song.

I have to ask Ash. With everyone fit what is your first Arsenal 11. Fabregas has been class in that free role just off the front man but will he remain there with Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky available? I could see him then moving back alongside Song.

Mine would be:

Almunia

Sagna

Gallas

Vermaelen

Clichy

Nasri

Fabregas

Diaby

Rosicky

RVP

Bendtner

Or,

Same back 4, front 6 of:

DMC: Diaby

MC: Fab

MC: Rosicky

AML: Nasri

AMR: Walcott

FC: RVP

Essentially those latter 5 just doing what they want, causing mayhem.

Mine would be:

Almunia

Sagna

Gallas

Vermaelen

Clichy

Nasri

Fabregas

Diaby

Rosicky

RVP

Bendtner

Or,

Same back 4, front 6 of:

What about Arshavin?  :kinnear:

Mine would be:

Almunia

Sagna

Gallas

Vermaelen

Clichy

Nasri

Fabregas

Diaby

Rosicky

RVP

Bendtner

Or,

Same back 4, front 6 of:

What about Arshavin?  :kinnear:

Oh errr.. I was, err... showing the team without Arshavin.  :angel:

Almunia

Sagna-Gallas-Vermaelen-Clichy

Song-Denilson

Fabregas

RvP - Eduardo - Arshavin

Don't know why Arsene persists with playing Bendtner RW when RvP would do much better there, as would Bendtner in the center, but then again, Eduardo would be my first choice in this lone striker/front 3 system! Bendtner has done well though this season (then again it's only 2 games and a pre-season)

Would like to see one more Midfielder come in so that we have the choice of Song/Denilson/Diaby+New One mind

I am very happy with this team though, and i will be extremely shocked if Arsenal don't do very well this season in all competitions and definitely 1 trophy will come in imo!

I just got excited writing that!

Also look at the second choice forward options!

Diaby-Ramsey

Rosicky

Walcott-Bendtner-Nasri

Not forgetting Traore who can play on the wing or full back as can Eboue!

WOW! :frantic:

Unfortunately, defensively we aren't as strong, i still feel we should get rid of Senderos and Silvestre and bring one new center back in. I really rate Djourou but i think we need 4 to have the depth to do well in all competitions.

With Arshavin it's difficult, he doesn't seem to need much of an influence on games like the end of last season if the team are doing well, but if they aren't he seems to step up and take a lead, i think he will be there when needs be.

Oh, and he is definately staying in my champions league team, i think he is going to finally be a midfielder getting into double figures for us which i don't think has happened since Ljungberg and Pires were playing like gods! (Fabregas did a couple of seasons ago but it wasn't consistency he just had alot of luck at the beginning of the season)

Oh and Lansbury has gone on loan to Watford, that is definitely one you have missed out on for a bit of creativity in midfield.

Oh and Neil, Diaby over song? Song has been quality for the last 6 months and especially in this new role this season, i think i love him after how much i hated him when he first came. I was talking to a few Arsenal fans in Glasgow the other day and only 1 of 6 liked Diaby and no one knew which position he was best at, personally i think behind the striker but he doesn't stand out anywhere.

Guest Heneage

Oh and Lansbury has gone on loan to Watford, that is definitely one you have missed out on for a bit of creativity in midfield.

Oh and Neil, Diaby over song? Song has been quality for the last 6 months and especially in this new role this season, i think i love him after how much i hated him when he first came. I was talking to a few Arsenal fans in Glasgow the other day and only 1 of 6 liked song and no one knew which position he was best at, personally i think behind the striker but he doesn't stand out anywhere.

Diaby was good when he came on but Song was good too, it's quite the selection problem really.

'will arshavin start producing?' :lol: he's the world's best player ffs

I can never tell if you're being serious with Arshavin.  :lol:  He's not the worlds' best player but yeah, he will be one the best players in the league this season if not the best.

Lansbury and Cleverley look like what we need down the wings/creativity in midfield. But tbh, we need some of our own players. All this shows me is that Smith is going. If so, we really need a decent striker. Ellington/Graham/L. Henderson/Hoskins = not good enough. Graham's the only one who's playing who's good, Hoskins is out of favour for no apparent reason. If we could get in Jay Simpson and Billy Sharp or maybe Simeon Jackson or Rasiak, I'd wet my pants. (Any of the 4 would be decent)