:dave:

£25 million is a brilliant deal for your lot, why the hate?  :razz:

Just ANOTHER first teamer going isnt it :(

Flamster, Hleb, Adebayor, Lehmann!!!!!!

Adebayor

Adebayoooooor

Give Him the ball and he will score [a move to barcelona]

:dave:

Barca are complete idiots if they offer Eto'o for him tbh. You might as well con them into getting Yaya and money for Hleb whilst you're at it (guardiola apparantly rates yaya though so you might just have to do with £8 million more than what he's worth),

Apparently, somebody on a board who actually is itk not one of these B/s'ers says that Eto'o was offered in the Henry deal and it was a no!

Dont think Eto'o is going to be considered.

Id love Yaya plus cash for Hleb, dont think they will let yaya go though heard the same that they don't want rid of Yaya!

From the Times

Bolton to spend big Bolton chairman Phil Gartside says they are set to seal a club record deal for an unnamed forward, with France’s Bafetimbi Gomis and Spain’s Dani Guiza among the players linked with the Premier League club in recent months

Villa seem to be firming up their interest in Robbo.  Brummie will be pleased!

Where did you hear that?

There's no bid on the table, but they are now talking about numbers rather than just asking about his availability for the past couple of months or so.  Still early days but progress on what had gone on before.

Where did you hear that?

There's no bid on the table, but they are now talking about numbers rather than just asking about his availability for the past couple of months or so.  Still early days but progress on what had gone on before.

Heard anything about us signing Lennon then?

Where did you hear that?

Heard anything about us signing Lennon then?

Nothing earth shattering tbh.  I've said before that Newcastle had enquired about him but stopped short of a bid.  There has been recent contact but I don't think it's gone further than just updating what they had been told before.  Spurs have been saying they are looking for around £9m, if they are keen to get him of the books, I could imagine the price coming down to £7-7.5m but I'd be very surprised to see it drop to £6m.

There's a thread on a Spurs forum, 6 pages long and growing, saying that the scum are interested.  Reading between the lines, it seems like Lennon's agent is trying to engineer a move with the expectation that Bentley will be replacing him sooner rather than later, especially now that Blackburn have got their new manager appointed.  Personally, I don't think Lennon is technically good enough to be in Whinger's thoughts for too long.

What is certain is that Ramos doesn't rate Lennon, sees too many good positions with no end delivery.  Bentley is a different kettle of fish, a high percentage of good quality crosses, Ramos wants him and Spurs are trying hard.  There's an good thread on KD's forum about Bentley, one of the posters there is a good mate of Bentley since schooldays and was out with him in Spain.  Bentley will make the move if it can be done, Spurs are trying hard to make it happen.  If it does, and I expect it will, Lennon will be only making up the squad numbers.

But surely that end-product can be worked on - Lennon's young enough and able enough imo to improve that aspect of his game whereas Bentley has no reply to Lennon's pace. I think Lennon has more potential than Bentley in that respect and could come back to bite Spurs if they sell for the wrong amount.

But surely that end-product can be worked on - Lennon's young enough and able enough imo to improve that aspect of his game whereas Bentley has no reply to Lennon's pace. I think Lennon has more potential than Bentley in that respect and could come back to bite Spurs if they sell for the wrong amount.

Completely wrong. Lennon will never be as good as Bentley.

When you take into account Bentley's crossing, shooting, ability from set pieces, vision, passing ... it just won't happen.

I don't disagree at all, Lennon is 21 and has plenty of time to work on his game and improve a lot.  The big question is will he work on his game to make the improvement.  A lot is said of London being a big pull for a player to sign.  Lennon is a good example of the bright lights being too much of a distraction to the detriment of his performances.  Ramos has read the riot act at him with no noticeable difference.

A move to Newcastle (or anywhere away from London) could be a good move for everyone concerned.

I don't disagree at all, Lennon is 21 and has plenty of time to work on his game and improve a lot.  The big question is will he work on his game to make the improvement.  A lot is said of London being a big pull for a player to sign.  Lennon is a good example of the bright lights being too much of a distraction to the detriment of his performances.  Ramos has read the riot act at him with no noticeable difference.

A move to Newcastle (or anywhere away from London) could be a good move for everyone concerned.

Agree. I wouldn't let him go on the cheap though.

How strong are the links to Arshavin down there mate? Any whispers on how likely it is you'll bid for him?

People seem to be dismissing any chance of a bid whenever it is mentioned, everyone agrees he is absolutely quality player, but just feel that he will not be coming for definate. Dont know why that is though!

I like the idea of him joining Barca tbh, hopefully they wont want Hleb then  :smitten:

If the result of you losing Hleb is you getting Arshavin, you're in a highly annoying win-win situation. :dave:

I know what i'd prefer. I've only seen Arshavin in the euros and uefa cup a couple of games. So i cant really judge as much as some of you can who may have seen him more!