Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Gai Assulin seems to be heading to Arsenal or City after contract talks with Barça have been stalled for a while. He's had a poor season in our B team but he was very highly rated, dunno what his contract demands are, though.

We are also looking for new destinations for Henrique, Hleb and Cáceres.

Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy has indicated he would consider a shock move to Championship side Cardiff.

Bellamy, born in the Welsh capital, is believed to be wanted by a host of clubs, including Celtic, Wolfsburg and Tottenham after reports circulated the frontman was keen on a move away from Eastlands.

City boss Roberto Mancini is said to be preparing more big spending commitments during the close season, which could put the 30-year-old's starting place under threat.

Bellamy said he would refuse to sit on the bench collecting his wages, but has ruled out a switch overseas or to another Premier League side.

And as surprise reports suggested Cardiff - who missed out on a top flight spot after suffering a play-off final defeat to Blackpool - could be the Welshman's next destination, Bellamy hinted at a transfer to his hometown club.

"I have never once - and I never would once - sit back and pick up my money," Bellamy said in the Mirror.

"I just couldn't do that to myself. It would be lying about who I am as a person. But I'll be very shocked if the challenge is with another English club.

"Playing anywhere else in Europe would be too much of a strain on my family because they live in Cardiff. So it really limits me to maybe one place."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6183343,00.html

Chopra & Bellamay would be a canny strike force. Ledley would hang around if Bellers turned up.

Skysports.com understands Wolves are closing in on a deal for Burnley striker Steven Fletcher.

Bit of a worry that they are making (or are closing in on) good signings whilst we stand still.  I'm not usually a pessimist but my confidence fore next season is ebbing away rather

Skysports.com understands Wolves are closing in on a deal for Burnley striker Steven Fletcher.

Bit of a worry that they are making (or are closing in on) good signings whilst we stand still.  I'm not usually a pessimist but my confidence fore next season is ebbing away rather

For the reported £7.5 million I'd be staying well clear.

For the reported £7.5 million I'd be staying well clear.

Good player though and he/ Doyle won't do their chances of staying up any harm

I'm starting to think Burnley will come straight back up and as champions. Already signed Marney and Iwelumo, and now linked with Maynard (good replacement for Fletcher). Doubt many of their players will leave so think I might stick a few quid on them.

Guest gggg

I'm starting to think Burnley will come straight back up and as champions. Already signed Marney and Iwelumo, and now linked with Maynard (good replacement for Fletcher). Doubt many of their players will leave so think I might stick a few quid on them.

Not with Bryan Laws they won't.

Man you could certainly get better than Fletcher for £7.5 million if you went abroad.

Maybe - my point is that WE won't be spending anywhere near that on anyone and one of our main rivals is.  He'll improve them, no doubt, and it doesn't look like we'll keep up with other teams squad improvements.

Man you could certainly get better than Fletcher for £7.5 million if you went abroad.

Maybe - my point is that WE won't be spending anywhere near that on anyone and one of our main rivals is.  He'll improve them, no doubt, and it doesn't look like we'll keep up with other teams squad improvements.

Fair valuation of Fletcher. International player, settled in the premiership, scored a good amount of goals for a shite team last season and generally looked good all season. Yes they could go sign a Utaka type player from the french league for lets say 4m or Christian Benitez for 6m but I would much rather pay the extra for someone like Fletcher.

Media talk does not equal a signing though does it.  I mean we're closing in on the likes of Onuoha if the papers are to be believed..  But until either club actually signs a player both are standing still.

Media talk does not equal a signing though does it.  I mean we're closing in on the likes of Onuoha if the papers are to be believed..  But until either club actually signs a player both are standing still.

Wolves have just signed Van Demme

Guest palnese

Rumours about Bullard going to Celtic on loan.

Next you'll be telling me that we were in for him but have turned our attentions elsewhere

Erm... What?

Why on earth would we be in for him?

He's 30-ish, injury prone, on massive wages and no re-sale value.

they could end up losing doyle though if rumours are to be believed and frankly id rather have doyle than fletcher

Rumours about Bullard going to Celtic on loan.

Next you'll be telling me that we were in for him but have turned our attentions elsewhere

Erm... What?

Why on earth would we be in for him?

He's 30-ish, injury prone, on massive wages and no re-sale value.

Nevermind

they could end up losing doyle though if rumours are to be believed and frankly id rather have doyle than fletcher

So would I.  I think they'll keep both though.  Especially having just peddled Illwellumo (sp?)