Other clubs' transfers

Dave

It's not really blind hope.  He's never been given a run in a team and has still shown he has quality.

One good game in ten?  Like I say, an improvement on what we've got.

You could be talking about Lovenkrands here. Why do we need another Lovenkrands? Just because Vela is 'young'?

He's never looked out of place at Arsenal IMO.  Vela or Lovenkrands?  There's no question in my mind, I can't believe anyone would say any different.

I've seen Lovenkrands play and not Vela.  Until such time as I see Vela prove himself, I reserve my right to prefer Lovenkrands, especially given that my Arsenal mates have all said that they'd be quite happy to let him go and that they favour Captain Inconsistency himself - Nicklas Bendtner.

Vela is far, far more talented than the likes of Lovenskrands on the ball, but he never ever looks like scoring when I've seen him. Sort of the epitome of Arsenal's weaknesses I think, but maybe he'll get better in a more direct team like ours.

Also, he's 21 ffs. Is everyone meant to bloom early like Messi or Rooney to be any good nowadays?

Guest guinness_fiend

It's not really blind hope.  He's never been given a run in a team and has still shown he has quality.

One good game in ten?  Like I say, an improvement on what we've got.

You could be talking about Lovenkrands here. Why do we need another Lovenkrands? Just because Vela is 'young'?

He's never looked out of place at Arsenal IMO.  Vela or Lovenkrands?  There's no question in my mind, I can't believe anyone would say any different.

I've seen Lovenkrands play and not Vela.  Until such time as I see Vela prove himself, I reserve my right to prefer Lovenkrands, especially given that my Arsenal mates have all said that they'd be quite happy to let him go and that they favour Captain Inconsistency himself - Nicklas Bendtner.

Vela is far, far more talented than the likes of Lovenskrands on the ball, but he never ever looks like scoring when I've seen him. Sort of the epitome of Arsenal's weaknesses I think, but maybe he'll get better in a more direct team like ours.

Also, he's 21 ffs. Is everyone meant to bloom early like Messi or Rooney to be any good nowadays?

No-one is writing him off, don't be so melodramatic. ;)

People forget that we're not a top four club and that we need to invest in players who have proven themselves at the highest level in order to ensure that we don't get relegated.  We've been lucky with Carroll this season but what if he hadn't made the jump from a Championship to bona fide Premiership striker; we'd have been up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

I'm sure Vela is great, but I'd rather have a 25+ forward with 5 years of Premiership experience under his belt at this moment in time, tis all.  Kevin Nolan, despite the stick that he gets, is worth his weight in gold because of his experience and ability to read the game so well.

Guest Heneage

It was embarrassing when folk were calling Bendtner useless he's 22 and his country's brightest attacker and getting a one in four ratio despite not starting often.

It was embarrassing when folk were calling Bendtner useless he's 22 and his country's brightest attacker and getting a one in four ratio despite not starting often.

1 in 3 at international level too.

He's Denmark's best player by a mile.

Debatable.

Sorry Mr. 23.3% Danish.

Only player arguably better is either of the CBs.

At this moment in time Eriksen isn't as good but in time he will be a star.

:lol:

Bendtner is VERY good, not as good as he thinks he is mind. He is brilliant for Denmark and IMO is their best player, if he played somewhere week in week out I think people would become very aware of it. Don't want him to go anywhere, very useful player to have around and scored some very crucial goals last season.

Guest Heneage

Debatable.

Sorry Mr. 23.3% Danish.

Meow pussycat :lol:

I agree he's the best but not by a mile, the CB's match him at least like you said and Eriksen has looked really good when I've seen him for the NT. Poulson and Kahlenberg  have been good as well.

Debatable.

Sorry Mr. 23.3% Danish.

Meow pussycat :lol:

I agree he's the best but not by a mile, the CB's match him at least like you said and Eriksen has looked really good when I've seen him for the NT. Poulson and Kahlenberg  have been good as well.

Milk turns faster than Poulsen (O0) these days and Kahlenberg is not that great now he's a squad player at Wolfsburg.

Guest Heneage

I feel  like I've been slapped by a friend her Sewelly. :lol:

I'll give you Poulsen at club level is poor but for Denmark he still plays the anchor man role really well Kahlenberg has that bit of craft too, I'm talking purely for country as oppose to club form here.

But I'd say it's between Bendtner and Agger joint top as the country's best player.

Guest Heneage

I feel  like I've been slapped by a friend her Sewelly. :lol:

He's either calling you a girl or a Nazi, Sewelly. Knack 'im.

Did the car ride from Barnsley mean nothing to you?