Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 05/05/08 - post match reaction from page 13

James

Guest LucaAltieri

Barton has been decent today. Not spectacular by any means but solid enough. Some decent passes and a couple of driving runs forward. Might have been able to produce something had he had a bit of support. He's generally done well especially considering he was playing along side Smith and Duff in the second half.

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it?

Its the way he plays against poor teams that im more worried about....i wouldnt count my chicken yet but yes he has been good today, fair play to him. We havent lost today to poor defending just lost down to pure quality of the opposition, its been a case of 2 extra bits of quality which have made all the difference.

He's been good for several games now.

I think Smith can be very lucky he isn't playing in Columbia.

With that Hollywood Bleach Coiff of his, he should join Beck's in the MLS.  Defo more his level.

If Smith came to the MLS and dominated, the league would fold out of respect for the game.

Today highlighted how we need to replace Viduka since he's made of glass. Once he went off our shape disappeared because Smith just ran everywhere meaning we had no outlet up front. Well done to Chelsea, but I feel we'd have been in it had Viduka not gone off.

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

Well deserved win for Chelsea.

100% agree, we did well, but the quality just isn't in our side.  Played like CL finalist's, did Chelsea.  Glad we were up for it in the first half, though. 

I think Smith can be very lucky he isn't playing in Columbia.

With that Hollywood Bleach Coiff of his, he should join Beck's in the MLS.  Defo more his level.

If Smith came to the MLS and dominated, the league would fold out of respect for the game.

I'm American, and I f**kin loved that comment, cracking up to peices here at the office today.

Watched/Listened to it on Setanta Broadband, those last few chances were so painfully close by Martins and Owen.

PS: Smith has obviously missed the memo that bleached hair went out 4 years ago. Idiot.

Guest LucaAltieri

Today highlighted how we need to replace Viduka since he's made of glass. Once he went off our shape disappeared because Smith just ran everywhere meaning we had no outlet up front. Well done to Chelsea, but I feel we'd have been in it had Viduka not gone off.

Peter Crouch.

Good close control like Viduka but less injury prone and with a set of legs on him.

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

You need new glasses if you think Taylor was poor today,he was one of our best players today

100% agree, we did well, but the quality just isn't in our side.  Played like CL finalist's, did Chelsea.  Glad we were up for it in the first half, though. 

Hard to believe that Smith was in the first team squad for the other CL finalist at the start of the season !

Peter Crouch.

Good close control like Viduka but less injury prone and with a set of legs on him.

:thup:

They were professional about what they did today, but they just annoy me to fuck with their time wasting etc If I was one of the best sides in England I'd want to show it with good football etc.. everything is so dull and boring, I really don't want a higher class bolton winning the prem title or champions league title.

fat sam: "Newcastle played like my team first half and kevins team second half"

Are you fucking joking me?

This wasn't really said, was it? I mean...no. That was a joke, right?

Peter Crouch.

:thup:

I could see Crouch doing really well at Newcastle. 

Peter Crouch.

I'm with you here. Wouldn't mind Crouch at all.

Him and few midfielders with some pace/strength and I think this formation can work really well.

Was never a free-kick for the first, however can't excuse the marking. Lost interest since then really...

Oh, and it's about time we sold Owen and bought a decent striker.

Seriously, what's going on here?

We could put the money towards a self sufficient striker, a forward who doesn't require half a dozen chances before he eventually takes one...

Like? You seem to be under the impression we can go out and buy another world class striker? We aren't even in the top half of the table ffs. Out of our 3 strikers we should look to replace Viduka and a young backup striker.

Owen? World class? Seriously? Your pulling my leg right? Don't see why we should be building an entire system on him, stick two up top and go back to four-four-two...

Guest LucaAltieri

fat sam: "Newcastle played like my team first half and kevins team second half"

Are you fucking joking me?

This wasn't really said, was it? I mean...no. That was a joke, right?

I think the fact that we're not sure tells a story in itself.