End of Season Clap Clap

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Noticed only Oba and Harper had their names chanted, in what was a faintly cack handed end of season appreciation moment/ thing.

Probably says it all about a rather cack handed season tbh.

Guest Knightrider

Clapped KK at the end, then walked out. The players have had crap to average seasons in what has been a shambolic season for the club. Fair play to those who stayed, though.

Guest BooBoo

Clapped KK at the end, then walked out. The players have had crap to average seasons in what has been a shambolic season for the club. Fair play to those who stayed, though.

Good point. The last 7 games or so against mid to lower table clubs shouldn't mask another season of disappointing underachievement.

Good point. The last 7 games or so against mid to lower table clubs shouldn't mask another season of disappointing underachievement.

Definitely been a rubbish season overall, but they did deserve a little recognition for getting us out of the shit when it really mattered. I know they got us into it in the first place, but it would have been easy for them to just pack in and go out of this league with a whimper.

Also, I think the players knew they didn't really deserve too many plaudits. They looked sheepish as fuck the way they trudged to the centre-circle and back.

Guest BooBoo

habib beye doesnt ge t recognition. ever any chants about him? hes been class all season

I like Beye, but he's only really shown his true ability since the Arsenal game and that was in December. All season? Not really.

Also, I think the players knew they didn't really deserve too many plaudits. They looked sheepish as fuck the way they trudged to the centre-circle and back.

The walk back from the centre circle to the tunnel was the fastest Duff moved all afternoon

Guest BooBoo

Definitely been a rubbish season overall, but they did deserve a little recognition for getting us out of the shit when it really mattered. I know they got us into it in the first place, but it would have been easy for them to just pack in and go out of this league with a whimper.

Yes i agree with that. That's why i stayed and gave a polite round of applause at the end. The season was poor but there were some highlights and several of our players thoroughly deserved some thanks. It just seemed a bit odd, i think the players looked up for a doing a lap of the picth but then KK signalled them off and they rather sheepishly just trudged off.

The walk back from the centre circle to the tunnel was the fastest Duff moved all afternoon

Did Smith go the wrong way then two foot a ball boy when he got wound up about it?

I'm pretty sure more players would have got their names chanted if they had stuck around a little longer. They seemed to stand around in the centre circle for a minute or 2 and then they went back in...

Once again the end of season jamboree is shite. These things never live up to how they should pan out, I wanted KK to do statesman like speech yet my mates thought I was bonkers thinking this. WE DO THE END OF SEASON THING BADLY FACT!!!!

Guest marky555

I dont think we are really in any position after this season to be having Keegan on the mic!

I think the fact the players did look a bit sheepish about the whole thing atleast shows they appreciate the fact they havent been good enough and they realise that a turn of form towards the end of the season doesnt warrant a full appreciation in the form of an applauded lap of honour.

Guest Knightrider

KK was embarrassed to do one of these when we finished 6th, he'll have been cringing inside today.

I dont think we are really in any position after this season to be having Keegan on the mic!

All I wanted was Keegan on the MIC to say basically what he says to the press. I am not expecting him to wax lyrical about the season gone but to talk about where he is going to take us.