Steven Taylor

Tooj

The myth surrounding this lad that he is actually a good centre back has to end. It simply must stop and stop tonight! He is consistenty rash clumsy and continually at fault for goals. He gets away on the back of the local hero tripe. For the love of god, hes bloody shocking.

Bang on.

And the club tied him down until 2011 this summer.  :frantic:

This. Spot on.  A deluded board thought that by tying him down, fans would be ecstatic.  The lad is nothing more than a Championship defender at best.  In fact, he's fcking shite.

Guest toonlass

I cannot believe how shockably shite Steven Taylor has been this season. He was terrible on Saturday, he was crap last night. Why the fuck the club sold Faye to Stoke and kept Taylor is beyond me. Maybe they really though Abdoulaye Faye was the lanky, white, gobby, chronicle-whining shite with the Geordie accent, while Steven Taylor was the big black dude who actually looked like he could be a central defender!

Guest Chubby Jason

This is hardly breaking news.

Taylor was one of the worst CB's in the league last season and wasn't much better the season before it.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Don't worry, all will be well again when good old Alan gives him a 'I know I let the fans down' article in tomorrow's Chronicle.

:lol:

Taylor: I know I let the fans down

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor admitted he feels guilty for their Carling Cup third round exit by Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday.

Taylor was at fault for Spurs' winner in the 2-1 win at St James' Park and confessed his disappointment at their early exit from the competition.

"I blame myself," the 22-year-old told BBC Radio Newcastle.

"It was a mistake, it shouldn't have happened and I hold my hands up and apologise to everybody."

The loss comes as Newcastle find themselves on a dismal run of four defeats going back to late August, and Taylor has urged his team-mates to pull out of the slump with Saturday's visit of Blackburn Rovers.

"The last few weeks have been very difficult, and everybody knows we're going through a difficult time at the moment," he said.

"As players we've got to stand up and be counted, it's important we don't sulk and feel bad about ourselves.

"We're paid to do a job and we've got to do that properly and Saturday will be a massive game for us."

Whitley Bay-born Taylor has been with the Magpies since joining the club's academy as a schoolboy and has made nearly 150 appearances since making his debut in March 2004.

Guest Toon Argy

Don't worry, all will be well again when good old Alan gives him a 'I know I let the fans down' article in tomorrow's Chronicle.

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor admitted he feels guilty for their Carling Cup third round exit by Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday.

Taylor was at fault for Spurs' winner in the 2-1 win at St James' Park and confessed his disappointment at their early exit from the competition.

"It was a mistake, it shouldn't have happened and I hold my hands up and apologise to everybody."

The loss comes as Newcastle find themselves on a dismal run of four defeats going back to late August, and Taylor has urged his team-mates to pull out of the slump with Saturday's visit of Blackburn Rovers.

"The last few weeks have been very difficult, and everybody knows we're going through a difficult time at the moment," he said.

"As players we've got to stand up and be counted, it's important we don't sulk and feel bad about ourselves.

"We're paid to do a job and we've got to do that properly and Saturday will be a massive game for us."

Whitley Bay-born Taylor has been with the Magpies since joining the club's academy as a schoolboy and has made nearly 150 appearances since making his debut in March 2004.

brown nose

Guest neesy111

hmm, i thought he was born down cockney land

hmm, i thought he was born down cockney land

aye Greenwich, London

Cockney OUT

definitely!

That mistake by him last night is one of the worst I’ve seen by anyone in a black & white shirt, and yes there have been a few to make a comparison with!

Guest labrowski

Utter rubbish last night. Definately to blame for that goal. Lets hope whoever comes in gives Bassong a try in that position. Well whenever that happens...

Cockney OUT

definitely!

That mistake by him last night is one of the worst Ive seen by anyone in a black & white shirt, and yes there have been a few to make a comparison with!

It was a awful mistake but it was a bloody suicidal ball by Collocini.

Taylor was alright until Sep 1st, like most players. He f***ed up royally yesterday though. Bassong should be given a chance now.

Bassong was even worse last night.

Yeah but Taylor is the scapegoat this week....Im sure Bassong will get his chance

Taylor was alright until Sep 1st, like most players. He f***ed up royally yesterday though. Bassong should be given a chance now.

hahahhaaha

good joke mate

hahahhaaha

good joke mate

Tbh the only thing between them was bassongs errors were not punished

Guest Toon Argy

hahahhaaha

good joke mate

Tbh the only thing between them was bassongs errors were not punished

how can you try and stick up for taylor?

Bollocks, Bassong had Aaron lennon in his back pocket last night and was one of the few real plusses about last nights game.

Bassong wasn't just our best but the best on the pitch. And i can't believe the suggestion that it was anything to do with coloccini. The pass was direct to his feet ffs and he had loads of time to play it back to shay, back to colo or just collect it himself and step away from o'hara. Nah, better to try a dummy on the edge of his own area. Dick.

Guest toonlass

Bassong wasn't just our best but the best on the pitch. And i can't believe the suggestion that it was anything to do with coloccini. The pass was direct to his feet ffs and he had loads of time to play it back to shay, back to colo or just collect it himself and step away from o'hara. Nah, better to try a dummy on the edge of his own area. Dick.

:clap:

:clap:

This x1000000

Cockney OUT

definitely!

That mistake by him last night is one of the worst I’ve seen by anyone in a black & white shirt, and yes there have been a few to make a comparison with!

It was a awful mistake but it was a bloody suicidal ball by Collocini.

that’s rubbish, if Taylor thought he had no time to deal with it, then why did he let it go across him when he knew he was the last man back, he had time to go to the ball and either pass it back to Coloccini, or hoof it. It’s not as though O'Hara came from the blind side, he was looking straight at him, no excuses, Taylor was prancing around and totally cocked up, if he had slipped or he was a 10 year old then maybe you could let it go, but that was an absolutely shocking mistake of the highest order.

If you watch Collocini then you can see that he is constantly watching Taylor and frequently has to read the oppositions runs that Taylor hasn’t spotted. Taylor is young and will get better, but he has to learn and keep it simple until he gets there, he plays like a player who thinks he’s already a top centre half – but he clearly isn’t and needs to play within his capabilities. His decision making instincts are continually woeful.

Honestly watch the whole match again, Bassong was nervous tentavie and extremely error prone. The only reason Lennon was quiet was because a) he's not all that good anyway and b) Spuds were just as bad as we were in terms of positive football. Oh and spuds first goal came from a Lennon cross, awful marking by Collocini but the cross should not have been allowed to get in.

I'm not sticking up for Taylor in the slightest, he was awful simply awful last night, but he wasn't the only one Bassong pipped him and Collocini for piss poor player of the match for me.

So funny how people have these pre determined views on players, Butt's crap, Taylor's Crap, Collo's world class, Edgar's crap, Bassong the great white (well you know what I mean) hope. So they refuse to look at a game and judge the players performances on what went on.

If you think Bassong was our MoM or even had a good game really you must be taking the same stuff as Gazza is.