Steven Taylor

Tooj

Taylor is a complete minge.  As was Bellamy.

I was gutted Bellamy was sold.  I'm happy to keep Taylor on a reasonable wage.

Dunne was recently made Man City's highest earner at just over 50K....he was asking for 70K.

Richards was also asking for 70K and got offered 47k.  Though this was a few months back and I don't know the current situation.

Both better than Taylor.  I'd rather match their asking price than give Taylor 52K a week.

Guest alex

Dunne was recently made Man City's highest earner at just over 50K....he was asking for 70K.

Richards was also asking for 70K and got offered 47k.  Though this was a few months back and I don't know the current situation.

Both better than Taylor.  I'd rather match their asking price than give Taylor 52K a week.

Nicely summed up and I agree.

Fwiw I'd like to see him stay here after recent performances. I'm not too arsed if he goes though in all honesty.

I think it would be a travesty.

The best youth player to come through in how long? I can't remember the last player who is as competent at this age as he is. We need to stick with him, its cost us nothing and he clearly has something and will only get better in a settled team. I don't want to go through this again but in terms of his education he's been screwed over by this club from day dot, anyone can surly see that and the problems it brings with him. He's only one man, he cannot change a match by himself even though he wants too, he needs the senior players to take responsibility and help him through the early years, shame he's never had that or we'd be seeing a more complete player than what we've got.

Id like to see him come through and be the player i thought he would be when he first started, but its come to the point now for me that he hasn't shown any improvement whatsoever from those first few appearences, he's literally hit a plateau, thoses "mistakes that he needed to iron out" as a youngster are still those "mistakes that every top class defender apprently makes".  I dont understand this the view that he needs someone with him, surely he should be able to defend whatever comes his way, that is his job after all, it shouldnt hide the many number of individual mistakes he makes.

The way i see it is that when we were struggling as a team, and the pressure was on and Faye appeared to be able to put in a good shift and come out looking ok, whereas Taylor didnt, he seemed to struggle and thats a true test of a players ability, its only now when the pressure has been realesed and he hasnt had to defend as much has he started to look a good dfender - isnt that just too much of a coincidence?

Taylor reportedly just wants the same as Milner & Zoggy which is the 25kpw mark.

Guest alex

Fwiw I'd like to see him stay here after recent performances. I'm not too arsed if he goes though in all honesty.

I think it would be a travesty.

The best youth player to come through in how long? I can't remember the last player who is as competent at this age as he is. We need to stick with him, its cost us nothing and he clearly has something and will only get better in a settled team. I don't want to go through this again but in terms of his education he's been screwed over by this club from day dot, anyone can surly see that and the problems it brings with him. He's only one man, he cannot change a match by himself even though he wants too, he needs the senior players to take responsibility and help him through the early years, shame he's never had that or we'd be seeing a more complete player than what we've got.

Aaron Hughes btw.

Taylor reportedly just wants the same as Milner & Zoggy which is the 25kpw mark.

All deals will probably just be done after the Everton game so they can focus on playing.  I'm sure Taylor will be offered what he deserves and he'll sign it.

Guest MaetihS

Taylor is the new Bramble tbh. Let him go.... for even 20k/week, i expect a much better player.

Without wanting to kneejerk too much its pretty damning evidene again, its still unfair to say he's s*** blah blah blah but its not a coinicident that when Fayes been missing in our recent good spell we'ce conceeded 5 goals.

He does strike me as an average defender though.

Still though - the sooner we partner him with a quality defender..... :rolleyes:

He is our 2nd best centre half so we need to keep him until others come in. There is a huge gulf between Faye/Taylor & the rest. Ramage, Edgar, Cacapa are not up to the job & tbf not many of us, have seen enough of Diatta to see if he is up to the job

We're never any good against Everton away, so a team full of shite and wantaways was always going to get a stuffing.

It seems Taylor has a bad game and we do badly, but when he does well we do good. One man team?  O0

:lol:

We're never any good against Everton away, so a team full of s**** and wantaways was always going to get a stuffing.

It seems Taylor has a bad game and we do badly, but when he does well we do good. One man team?  O0

:lol:

:coolsmiley:

:laugh:

Went to pieces in the second half with no Faye next to him.

No surprise really.

Especially with the 'midfield' in front of him.

The clapped out Brazilian next to him doesn't help matters either.

I like how everyone else gets the blame off his fanboys for Taylor having yet another shitter. :lol:

I am nobodys fan boy as I am not 10 years old, equally I dont player bash for the sake of it. This club has a recent history of a minority but vocally herd fans turning on young players; Jenas, Taylor, Milner, Viana in the recent past. Yet some on this board want us to sign young players :lol: why so they can have more bait to slate.