FUCKING YES

Guest Thomo

Guest Toonarama

Ramage was a trier but would never be a first team regular in a side aiming for Europe so he can go with our thanks for his efforts.

Carr was lard- arsed and half- arsed

No idea why Ramage is getting so much abuse. OK, he wasnt good enough, but he is a Newcastle fan and seems like a good lad too whenever he's out in Berwick for the night.

No idea why Ramage is getting so much abuse. OK, he wasnt good enough, but he is a Newcastle fan and seems like a good lad too whenever he's out in Berwick for the night.

I agree with this. He didn't cost of a penny, was not one of our higher paid players. You can't fault his desire and work ethic but clearly not of the required standard for NUFC. I wish him luck and hope he has a long career, I can see him doing what Brian Tinnion did when he left us, he carved a very successful career for himself at the lower level.

Carr is a competely different story, one of Robson poorer decisions IMO. This should free some room in the salary budget which is a good thing.

As for Triosi, I think there comes a time when you have to cut a younger player when they haven't progressed, I think this season he should have been pushing harder for a first team place but instead he's seen the likes of Lua Lua move ahead of him. Again cost of us nothing and wish him all the best.

Delighted that Carr is finally gone. Ramage was an ok backup player, but I understand why he left. Think he can do well in one of the lower leagues. Cannot really say anything about Troisi, as I have never seen him play, but seems reasonable to release him if he is not progressing.

I agree with this. He didn't cost of a penny, was not one of our higher paid players. You can't fault his desire and work ethic but clearly not of the required standard for NUFC. I wish him luck and hope he has a long career, I can see him doing what Brian Tinnion did when he left us, he carved a very successful career for himself at the lower level.

Carr is a competely different story, one of Robson poorer decisions IMO. This should free some room in the salary budget which is a good thing.

As for Triosi, I think there comes a time when you have to cut a younger player when they haven't progressed, I think this season he should have been pushing harder for a first team place but instead he's seen the likes of Lua Lua move ahead of him. Again cost of us nothing and wish him all the best.

To be fair to SBR, he actually wanted Miguel that portugese RB but the chariman thoguth differently.

There's so much animosity towards players that have come through our youth ranks and given their all when thrown in at the deep end, it's a wonder any fucker wants to play for us at all.

Alright Ramage was shite but he was better than Bramble and we paid nothing for him. He tried his best but wasn't good enough. End of!

Same goes for Shola - he was shite but he cost us nothing and scored some important goals. Luque cost us £10m and did significantly less, Smith cost us £6m and he's done significantly less.

Now Carr on the other hand we did pay money for and he's been overweight, crap and workshy ever since. Good riddance to the useless little bastard!

Guest alex

To be fair to SBR, he actually wanted Miguel that portugese RB but the chariman thoguth differently.

A swap deal with Viana was mentioned wasn't it? During Euro 2004?

How must Carr feel? :lol:

"We wanted to keep Ramage, but we wish him all the best in the future....oh yeah, and Carr too. He knows why he's leaving" :lol:

Aye, that rings a bell, Viana was still highly rated back in Portugal at that ime as well. Think it was just before 2004, cos that was the summer that Chelsea went gung ho with their money...siging Ferraira and Carvahllo...

does anyone else think steven carr would be a good free signing? i always thought he was a decent right back who could cross the half way line and put a decent cross into the box, just thinking with sun not up to the standard and being short on numbers its worth a punt for a year or so.

I was going to go through the process of registering on there, and asking him if he was off his head with that, but then I couldn't be arsed.

Guest alex

Aye, that rings a bell, Viana was still highly rated back in Portugal at that ime as well. Think it was just before 2004, cos that was the summer that Chelsea went gung ho with their money...siging Ferraira and Carvahllo...

As an aside Ferreira (sp?) is so average it's untrue. That's not just going off the match yesterday. He's fast and steady defensively but he offers fuck all going forward. What did they pay for him? £12m?