what do you genuinely expect from next season?

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top eight, with a better run in both cups.

I think Keegan could probably have done top half over a full season with this squad, so I think it's a reasonable expectation with some additions.

Europe would be fucking ideal, give us something to build on, to be honest, as drastic as it sounds Europe is actually imperative, without it we're just another club with a lot of money.

Hopefully a top 8 finish would be on the cards, can see Intertoto being a route for us next season, onwards and upwards from then on in.

Feel that top 8 is perfectly realistic,  league is now split into 3 for the next few seasons,  the top 4, the teams from Everton to NUFC and then the rest plus the teams coming up from the championship. 

I don't think there is much between any of the teams from 5th to 12th and all the teams are capable of beating each other,  we've been dreadful this season and are heading for our lowest points total but have taken 6 pts off Spurs, 4 of West Ham, at least 3 off Everton, 0 off Blackburn despite being the better team in both games, took some pastings off Villa, Pompey and Man City despite historically having decent records against those sides.  If you checked any of those sides you'll see that they've all taken points off each other.

We also don't know what'll happen to those teams next season,  Everton are pretty skint and need money for new stadium so doubt Moyes will be getting a war chest of £20-30m,  Villa may have money to spend but could lose their best player, Barry, to Liverpool and if the big 4 come sniffing at the likes of Young and Agbonlahor they'll be gone as well.  Blackburn have done excellent under Hughes but again won't have a huge amount to spend and may also find their best player heading to Anfield if the rumours about Bentley are true.  Spurs are one team likely to splash the cash and expect plenty of changes at WHL but if Ramos brings a load of players from abroad how quickly will they settle in and adapt?  God knows what'll happen to Man City, they look on the verge of imploding with the carry on with Sven and if he goes and it followed by a exodus of players like Dunne, Richards, Petrov, Elano etc.  If Pompey win the cup have they a squad big/strong enough to cope with Europe?  Will they keep players like Muntari and Krancjar?  West Ham may improve as they have been crippled with injuries and will have the likes of Dyer and Bellamy back next season.

Then we come to NUFC,  obviously we need to get Owen and Oba tied down but can wave goodbye to Carr, Shola, Ramage, Rozenhal hopefully joined by Smith, Emre, Duff and cacapa.  They've all been poor but we are getting £4m for Shola,  probably get our money back on Roz and  just on reputation alone Smith, Emre and Duff could fetch transfer fees around the £5m mark.  That'll be around £20m to add to the kitty that KK gets.  With decent investment and the right players brought in we have every reason to be optimistic about getting further up the league and getting in the mix for a UEFA spot.

Guest Brummiemag

keegans mentioned aiming for 5th next season. i honestly dont thnk thats going to happen, and if someone offered me comfortable top 10 i would take that. its all well having money and a good manager but what i think weve continuosly had problems with is time. allardyce didnt get enough (in my opinion) and i think anyone who genuinely thinks we are going to finish 5th needs to think again, in my opinion. look at villa and city, both had stacks of money recently and in their first seasons with a new manager unconvincing (madness that sven is under pressure) but now villa will finish 5th or 6th and its onwards and upwards forom there. if we finished 5th in 3 seasons, and 9th this season. id be a happy man, what about everyone else?

I agree with you. I will be happy with that, playing some decent football and hopefully a good cup run. I will be looking for year on year improvement under KK along with some good football and I havn't seen much of that in recent years!