Clear the Air Talks ?

NE5

Just heard rumours Alan Smith will be captain next year, a injury has hold him back this year but Keegan has big plans for him after his leg transplant,to remove one of his left legs and replace it with a right.

Tribalfootball.com

To be fair I was surprised how every paer had such lucid details of the time and location of the meeting today.  I think something of the meeting will be made public, but i'm pretty sceptical regarding this mail report.  Tory cnuts

Btw, I was impressed that SSN decided to show some 'JUST IN' footage a while ago of Keegan, Ashley and Mort together at Bobby's charity do. I was stunned to see they weren't sticking twos up at each other and stuff.

Sounds like an EXCLUSIVE

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

http://www.walkertravel.com/gif/exclusive.gif http://www.walkertravel.com/gif/exclusive.gif

http://www.walkertravel.com/gif/exclusive.gif http://www.walkertravel.com/gif/exclusive.gif

So which part is it there that says its impossible to break the top four no matter how much the owner decides to give? I just dont see them in the same context. If you can then fair enough.

All im saying is that if in novemeber Mort came on Sky television and said it would be impossible to break the top 4, the gulf is huge no matter how much Ashley gives, are you actually telling me that you'd condone them in the same manner that you condone Keegans words?

Mort quotes borrowed from .com

"We don't want to do a Leeds. It doesn't make sense.

"This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared and it would be foolish to stretch it beyond its limits.

"I thought Kevin's comments were quite sensible.

"I'm not sure what people's expectations are but I don't think most Newcastle fans would be greatly surprised by what he had to say.

"There are those who are naturally optimistic but it does no harm to come out with some realism and say that if we get fifth we will have done well. He's right.

"I wasn't taken aback by Kevin's comments. He says what he feels. We have just come out of a relegation battle so you can't have people surprised when the manager says we aren't going to get into the Champions League.

"This is a long-term building project and we are very happy with Kevin. He's a very enthusiastic character who has got the team playing good football.

"We were disappointed to lose to Chelsea but he's got the team playing well.

"We have started talking about who we will be bringing in and Kevin will have the final say. He has to have that.

"We are very happy with where we are but Kevin is quite right to say we shouldn't expect Champions League football.

"It's going to be tough for anyone to break into the top four.

"Someone might sneak in there occasionally and there are a number of sides who will have a go but it is incredibly difficult."

Just heard rumours Alan Smith will be captain next year, a injury has hold him back this year but Keegan has big plans for him.

Tribalfootball.com

I just threw up in my mouth a little

(if that turns out to be true)

oh and if this turns out to be true I'm going to be mighty pissed off:

The summer war chest will be around £20million, but if the manager wants more money he will have to sell first.

Would be a disaster, don't think it can be true or we'd have blown the lot on one player.

Maybe these are the rumours the club want to filter out to the world to keep prices down and other parties not afraid to come in and bid for the players we don't want.

But we were only going to spend 6m roughly on Modric this year.  3 players of his level plus the money from Shola and the og, plus a bosman or two using Carr'/ Ramage's/ Diatta's wages and I'd be well happy. Lets wait and see what might constitute a disaster

So which part is it there that says its impossible to break the top four no matter how much the owner decides to give? I just dont see them in the same context. If you can then fair enough.

All im saying is that if in novemeber Mort came on Sky television and said it would be impossible to break the top 4, the gulf is huge no matter how much Ashley gives, are you actually telling me that you'd condone them in the same manner that you condone Keegans words?

Mort quotes borrowed from .com

"We don't want to do a Leeds. It doesn't make sense.

"This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared and it would be foolish to stretch it beyond its limits.

"I thought Kevin's comments were quite sensible.

"I'm not sure what people's expectations are but I don't think most Newcastle fans would be greatly surprised by what he had to say.

"There are those who are naturally optimistic but it does no harm to come out with some realism and say that if we get fifth we will have done well. He's right.

"I wasn't taken aback by Kevin's comments. He says what he feels. We have just come out of a relegation battle so you can't have people surprised when the manager says we aren't going to get into the Champions League.

"This is a long-term building project and we are very happy with Kevin. He's a very enthusiastic character who has got the team playing good football.

"We were disappointed to lose to Chelsea but he's got the team playing well.

"We have started talking about who we will be bringing in and Kevin will have the final say. He has to have that.

"We are very happy with where we are but Kevin is quite right to say we shouldn't expect Champions League football.

"It's going to be tough for anyone to break into the top four.

"Someone might sneak in there occasionally and there are a number of sides who will have a go but it is incredibly difficult."

Brilliant.  If they're his honest views, I can only feel that the meeting was to discuss transfer targets and a budget.  No tellings off or owt.  I hope to god the rags carry these quotes in the morning and eat their own shit.

Just heard rumours Alan Smith will be captain next year, a injury has hold him back this year but Keegan has big plans for him.

Tribalfootball.com

I just threw up in my mouth a little

(if that turns out to be true)

oh and if this turns out to be true I'm going to be mighty pissed off:

The summer war chest will be around £20million, but if the manager wants more money he will have to sell first.

Whatever we've got to spend will not be broadcast through the media, take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Brilliant.  If they're his honest views, I can only feel that the meeting was to discuss transfer targets and a budget.  No tellings off or owt.  I hope to god the rags carry these quotes in the morning and eat their own s***.

Only Ashley, Mort and Keegan would have been at the meeting if it was for a bollocking, not the other 3 who attended.  The people who were at the meeting points to it being about transfers and nothing else.

Brilliant.  If they're his honest views, I can only feel that the meeting was to discuss transfer targets and a budget.  No tellings off or owt.  I hope to god the rags carry these quotes in the morning and eat their own s***.

Only Ashley, Mort and Keegan would have been at the meeting if it was for a bollocking, not the other 3 who attended.  The people who were at the meeting points to it being about transfers and nothing else.

I thought that too, but there are people on here who were wary that KK was going down to that London to get a bollocking.

These quotes from Mort are at leat 2 days old

They are quotes in connection with what Keegan said after the Chelsea defeat and are valid with regards to today’s meeting.

They are quotes in connection with what Keegan said after the Chelsea defeat and are valid with regards to todays meeting.

There's probably a decent chance that Monday's comments were almost nothing to do with today's meeting ;)

I thought that too, but there are people on here who were wary that KK was going down to that London to get a bollocking.

Some people worry too much.   :lol:

It's common sense that we can't immediately attain top 4 status.  Ashley was probably miffed that it was raised in the way it was (I'm a realist and a pragmatist and I must admit it took me aback a bit) and he probably wasn't happy with the personalised nature of the comments about communication. He might also have wanted to get Wise and KK working more coherently together.  For better or for worse Kev's coments have stirred up a hornets nest and something needed to happen as a consequence.

They are quotes in connection with what Keegan said after the Chelsea defeat and are valid with regards to today’s meeting.

There's probably a decent chance that Monday's comments were almost nothing to do with today's meeting ;)

To be fair, todays meeting was only really held so Ashley could share his excitement at discovering a secluded little upmarket restaurant in London that did exceptional lobster thermidore.  An ITK told me he couldn't believe it, and it was the best meal he'd ever had and desperately needed to share it with someone, so phoned Chris, Kevin and Jeff.  Then while he was on, thought it was the perfect opportunity to make idle chat about plans for NUFC.

I hope to god the rags carry these quotes in the morning and eat their own s***. 

My point was more to do with the fact that the rags would be fairly unlikely to dig up 2 day old quotes, relate them to todays meeting, self flagellate and then (bizarrely) eat their own shite as suggested