Crystal Palace

Guest kingdawson

Guest kingdawson

Fucking hell, they have one hell of a youth set up....

Soares

Watson

Bostock

Moses

Scannell

all look like exceptional talents (yes i know Watson and Soares are a bit older but they could easily do a job in the premiership). Not to mention, the other exceptional youngsters that or on the brink of 1st team football (They've got a 17 year old striker called Robinson, that has made some 1st team appearances this season and is being touted as a future star).

Is there a better youth set up in the U.K?

Guest kingdawson

Let's see where they are in 2-3 years time before making a judgement, eh? :lol:

Not so long ago Southampton had Walcott, Bale, Surman, young lad called Dyer, etc.

Fair enough, but having seen some of these lads play, you cant help but be impressed. Most of them live near me too (thats irrelevant but i just had to throw it in).

You're right though, Southampton also have (or had) a very good youth set-up.

Boro are constantly putting young'uns in the team too.

many boro fans are now realising their fantastic kids aren't as good as they thought......still got a better set up then us mind

Boro are constantly putting young'uns in the team too.

many boro fans are now realising their fantastic kids aren't as good as they thought......still got a better set up then us mind

True.  They've had more youth players getting a game from the first team than we have.  This season what have we seen?  Carroll and Edgar getting a few appearances, Forster on the bench a couple of times and Tozer once (not really one of our own).  If we're ever in the position to give more of the kids a run out, I'd like to see it happen, although for now, pre-season seems most likely (Hull last year).

On the other hands, the smogs were on the legends a few weeks back bleating on that their under 16s had won some cup and were off to represent England in a European competition.

Guest kingdawson

We've got quite a good set-up (altough most if not all the youngsters were nicked from other clubs :pow:) Parrett(qpr), Rose(leeds), Pekhart(slavia), Buruchie(Athletico Bilboa), Dervitte (lille), and Taarabt (lens) all looking to break through.

Spurs ARE actually after Bostock, heard it on Sky Sports News i think the other night in the paper run down!

ARE you being sarcastic?

one of tues morning papers said they had "won the race" to sign him.

Not saying he won't sign but I won't believe fuck all thats in a paper unless its a picture of the player standing there holding the shirt of the club he has signed for.

Guest Toepoke

I had a mate who went for a trial down there, didn't get in mind, anywhoo he said the place was brillant and that Victor Moses who was mentioned in the OP was one of the best he's seen. Sounds good pity we can't get an academy like that.

Guest Jawesome

It's in London.  They're bound to get a decent set-up on the go if they try hard enough.

Warcock is gutted:

I'm so disappointed about the whole Bostock situation. I wasn't aware that it was close to going through until Tuesday night," complained Warnock.

"I've heard that he has left because a member of my staff has allegedly told him that he wouldn't be able to play in my system - it's just a total excuse.

"I just wish he came up to me and said, 'Neil, we've weighed up our options and decided to go to Spurs'. I would have accepted that.

"But to say that one of my members of staff has told him that he wouldn't fit in with my style of play is absolute garbage. He has gone for the money - simple."

http://www.citizen-series.co.uk/display.var.2276702.0..php

The sensible approach is for our chairman to speak to them directly but if the figures can't be negotiated we will go to tribunal and our evidence is fabulous," said  Palace's assistant manager, Mick Jones.

"The situation has now gone from personal warmth to being a business one. John has been with the club since the age of seven, in the first team at 15 and been captain of the England Under-17s. That is proof of the potential he's got.

"[spurs] must rate him highly and he can't come cheap. It should all stack up well in our favour."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/16/tottenhamhotspur.crystalpalace

Spurs ARE actually after Bostock, heard it on Sky Sports News i think the other night in the paper run down!

ARE you being sarcastic?

Nope, justvtelling you what i saw! lol! but it now aapears he has actually signed!

Let's see where they are in 2-3 years time before making a judgement, eh? :lol:

Not so long ago Southampton had Walcott, Bale, Surman, young lad called Dyer, etc.

Fair enough, but having seen some of these lads play, you cant help but be impressed. Most of them live near me too (thats irrelevant but i just had to throw it in).

You're right though, Southampton also have (or had) a very good youth set-up.

They've still got some coming through, Lallana, Mills, Thomson, White and others are apparently good talents and will be making an impact on the first team over the next couple of years, with bigger things ahead, so I'm told.