The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Without a doubt, a 'break the bank' player if ever I saw one.

Has been terrific every time I've seen him.

Influences games so much and rarely loses possesion for an attacking player.

Didn't Sir Bobby try to buy Tymoschuck?

He actually looks scarily like a Croatian bird i know. Thing is she's actually quite fit.

Does that make me gay?

look like a Croatian bird? What is that suppose to mean?

He actually looks scarily like a Croatian bird i know. Thing is she's actually quite fit.

Does that make me gay?

Yes

agreed tymoschuck as well as ashavin would greatly improve our current squad

well Tymoschuk wont come cheap. Zenit paid a record 20m euros for him from Shaktar Donetsk and his performances haven`t exactly nosedived to affect his transfer value

We can only dream lads :( dont think we have a chance at all with him

I would NEVER have agreed with a statement like that (no matter how poorly we were performing at any given time) as we were always a huge club with huge amounts of money and 52,000 fans in a magnificent stadium and centred in a great Regional Capital City.  

NOW, I do agree with it.

NOW - since Mr Kevin Keegan has so succinctly consigned us the the Premier League's 2nd Division, with his "our best position is only 5th" speech (because that is what it was).

NO top player will want to come to a 2nd tier club.

Mediocrity is the best we can ever hope for, according to Mr Keegan - and the football world will have heard that.

There will be people on here who disagree with me on this.  To you I say - "I WISH YOU WERE RIGHT AND THAT I WAS WRONG".

We were definitely linked with him when he played in the Ukraine. Decent player from what little I have seen of him.

I would NEVER have agreed with a statement like that (no matter how poorly we were performing at any given time) as we were always a huge club with huge amounts of money and 52,000 fans in a magnificent stadium and centred in a great Regional Capital City.  

NOW, I do agree with it.

NOW - since Mr Kevin Keegan has so succinctly consigned us the the Premier League's 2nd Division, with his "our best position is only 5th" speech (because that is what it was).

Mediocrity is the best we can ever hope for, according to Mr Keegan - and the football world will have heard that.

There will be people on here who disagree with me on this.  To you I say - "I WISH YOU WERE RIGHT AND THAT I WAS WRONG".

I suppose, the only way to overcome that would be for KK to change his thoughts and say to potential signings that that is the mould in the PL, and we're trying to look to break it.

NOW, I do agree with it.

Oh come on, do you really think that people needed KK's statement, to realise that we are a "2nd tier club"??? He said nothing wrong...sad but true.

NOW, I do agree with it.

I suppose, the only way to overcome that would be for KK to change his thoughts and say to potential signings that that is the mould in the PL, and we're trying to look to break it.

Agreed  -  but in fact he chose to specifically say exactly the opposite of that - to the entire listening football world!!!

Guest loonietoonie

f****** hell man, people came for the money before so I'm sure they'll do it again. Calm down.

like Alan Smith .....

NOW, I do agree with it.

Oh come on, do you really think that people needed KK's statement, to realise that we are a "2nd tier club"??? He said nothing wrong...sad but true.

Peoples opinions can vary on this, but (to me) we were never an official 2nd tier club.  We were in the top four or five often in recent times since Sir John Hall took over, we were in European competition most seasons (UEFA or CL). We have a large fan-base (in UK and worldwide). We are based in one of Englands greatest and most famous regional capital cities. We earn 'loads' of money (always in and around the top ten financial clubs in the world).  We have a fantastic, large, stadium (2nd biggest in UK, only Old Trafford and us over 50,000 - now joined by Arsenal).

No - we have never been an 'official' 2nd-tier club.

Unfortunately, the other four of the UKs rich clubs have been pulling away from us in the immediate years since SBR was sacked  -  but we were still not 'officially' or factually, actually a 2nd-tier club.

NOW  -  IT IS OFFICIAL.  (Thanks KK!)

(and no top player will want to join an official 2nd tier club).

Guest alex

f****** hell man, people came for the money before so I'm sure they'll do it again. Calm down.

like Alan Smith .....

:D

There's a canny few good players we've signed in the last ten years or so who probably didn't think we were a top four or potential top four side. As though there were all these top players out there who were willing to sign for us but now won't because of KK's recent post-match comments.

I am calm.

But I am also very disappointed by this.

KK has made a great impact with his "we are 2nd tier only" speech.

He has caused a great deal of (long-lasting, if hopefully not permanent) damage to our club.

Guest alex

I am calm.

He has caused a great deal of (long-lasting, if hopefully not permanent) damage to our club.

No he hasn't man. Get a grip ffs.

Keegan needs to be allowed to speak with the potential signings.

He can talk the hind legs off a donkey.

NO - not any more. He has already talked to those players in his misguided speech.  They will KNOW (already) what he really thinks . . .

Guest loonietoonie

like Alan Smith .....

:D

There's a canny few good players we've signed in the last ten years or so who probably didn't think we were a top four or potential top four side. As though there were all these top players out there who were willing to sign for us but now won't because of KK's recent post-match comments.

Yeh your right i really think signings will be put off by the comments with the money and the right players why cant we not have a go at trying to break the top 4 but for now we need to build for a start getting into europe which is a major factor in helping us attracting the top players

I am calm.

No he hasn't man. Get a grip ffs.

As I said earlier - I wish you were right.

Sadly (as we will all come to realise soon) you are not right.

I am calm.

Not really.

He was just saying what we all were thinking.

We have slipped off the pace.

Souness and Sam have set us back even further, sure we were good 10 years ago, but players want to come for the here and now, and with no europe I can see many disappointed toon fans.

We need to be realistic, we need to build this year, get our arses back where we belong, then we can look at higher reputation players.