The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49160.msg1166430#msg1166430

You are either a "big" club or you are not. We have always been a big club for over 100 years, that will not change.

In these modern 'finance-oriented' days, we are an even bigger club than in the past. For 15 years we have been the 5th biggest in England (except when we were 4th biggest) and our financial status in Europe has altered between 9th and (the current) 13th.

Now, with an English Multi-Billionaire as our owner, we have his wealth to add to our own - and the sky is the limit.  Remember "our own wealth" (produced annually from our business activities) will be huge now, with no interest to pay on debt repayments. Ashley will not, probably, need to top us up "Abramovich style" by very much at all - he already did it by paying off the debt!

I never know what people mean by a 'big' club, anyway?

Some people do not mean the club at all, whether they know it or not, they are really talking about 'the team', rather than the club.

Others are talking about success on the field. Currently there are four clubs in England doing better than any of us. That will, of course, change around, though there are a fair few people (mainly younger people) who think it is 'permanent' (for some reason)!

Others are only referring to the very-transient CURRENT (whenever 'current' may be) situation.  EG - "We are not a big club because CURRENTLY (right now) "we are not in Europe" / "we are not in the Champions League" / "we are not in the top six / top four / top 10" (or . .  whatever!!)

BIG CLUB STATUS IS SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT FLUCTUATE SO EASILY AS THAT!!

Anyway, our status will be confirmed over the next few years (even to the "inferiority-obsessed" young-uns on here!!!) by the Ashley / Mort / Keegan / Shearer? "new era" that is about to unfold.  SO exciting. So VERY exciting!

In my opinion, all this is, of course.

Couple of comments by Keegan and it does fluctuate as easily as that, it seems.

Yes, as I have (now) said a few times in this thread - in the past I would NEVER have agreed with the "he won't come here" crowd. The number of blinkered inferiority complexes on here, used to really get me down.  Cant they see that we are a big club??????????????

NOW - we have been (please excuse the melodramatic language) 'stabbed in the back'.  Things have changed somewhat, because a person - WITH INFLUENCE - who is supposed to (because he always has) "think and speak the same way as me" has specifically used his influence to say exactly the opposite.  

When he speaks (KK) like this - it has an impact.

OK - it MAY (may, may, may) not be permanent, but at the moment it will have the same impact as if it was permanent - as if it was (as the 'inferiority complex' types have always said) a permanent FACT.

What impact? Comments after a game forgotten within a couple of weeks type impact or get the U.N. on the blower impact?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49160.msg1166430#msg1166430

You are either a "big" club or you are not. We have always been a big club for over 100 years, that will not change.

In these modern 'finance-oriented' days, we are an even bigger club than in the past. For 15 years we have been the 5th biggest in England (except when we were 4th biggest) and our financial status in Europe has altered between 9th and (the current) 13th.

Now, with an English Multi-Billionaire as our owner, we have his wealth to add to our own - and the sky is the limit.  Remember "our own wealth" (produced annually from our business activities) will be huge now, with no interest to pay on debt repayments. Ashley will not, probably, need to top us up "Abramovich style" by very much at all - he already did it by paying off the debt!

Some people do not mean the club at all, whether they know it or not, they are really talking about 'the team', rather than the club.

Others are talking about success on the field. Currently there are four clubs in England doing better than any of us. That will, of course, change around, though there are a fair few people (mainly younger people) who think it is 'permanent' (for some reason)!

Others are only referring to the very-transient CURRENT (whenever 'current' may be) situation.  EG - "We are not a big club because CURRENTLY (right now) "we are not in Europe" / "we are not in the Champions League" / "we are not in the top six / top four / top 10" (or . .  whatever!!)

Anyway, our status will be confirmed over the next few years (even to the "inferiority-obsessed" young-uns on here!!!) by the Ashley / Mort / Keegan / Shearer? "new era" that is about to unfold.  SO exciting. So VERY exciting!

Yes, as I have (now) said a few times in this thread - in the past I would NEVER have agreed with the "he won't come here" crowd. The number of blinkered inferiority complexes on here, used to really get me down.  Cant they see that we are a big club??????????????

NOW - we have been (please excuse the melodramatic language) 'stabbed in the back'.  Things have changed somewhat, because a person - WITH INFLUENCE - who is supposed to (because he always has) "think and speak the same way as me" has specifically used his influence to say exactly the opposite.  

OK - it MAY (may, may, may) not be permanent, but at the moment it will have the same impact as if it was permanent - as if it was (as the 'inferiority complex' types have always said) a permanent FACT.

Go and have a lie down in a dark room mate.

I do need one.

But, when I come out all is likely to still be 'exactly' the same!!

Guest alex

Manorpark is mental.

Takes one to know one ;)

I'll take that comment seriously and try to respond.

I am a life-long supporter of this football club, I am a realist and I am (at the same time) a visionary about things that are important to me, like NUFC, and I am not particularly stupid. (Neither am I 'mental' - as you mean it).

The fact is - KK has made things SO much more difficult, and it is (personally) saddening to realise that someone in his position actually DOES think like this.  OK, there are always the 'inferiority complex' supporters around - but not since the SJH takeover has someone in power at the club said what KK has just said.

You have to have ambition to succeed.  KK seems to now have lost this.  Totally.

:lol: By trying to prove his point?

Sorry??

That's ok, it happens to the best of us.

Guest alex

I do need one.

Aye, but you might be a bit less hysterical.

I do need one.

This is stealth wummery at its best. Hats off to you Sir!!

What impact? Comments after a game forgotten within a couple of weeks type impact or get the U.N. on the blower impact?

As will be seen, sadly somewhat closer to the latter.

:lol:

I do need one.

This is stealth wummery at its best. Hats off to you Sir!!

Thankyou . . . !

:lol:

I am trying to 'laugh' too. Not quite managed it yet.

if we couldn't get arshavin, what would you fellas think of maybe benayoun or pablo aimar? we definitely need some midfield creativity, and the treatment room at st james is fast becoming 'the emre suite' formerly 'the kieron dyer lounge'

Depends how we're going to play. How many PL teams employ a genuine creative 'luxury' playmaker like that?

true, i guess we'd have to see how the whole owen contract situation pans out first, he's done well playing 'in the hole' but if he's not going to stay, maybe a beardsley type of playmaker might be as effective 'in the hole'.

Guest alex

if we couldn't get arshavin, what would you fellas think of maybe benayoun or pablo aimar? we definitely need some midfield creativity, and the treatment room at st james is fast becoming 'the emre suite' formerly 'the kieron dyer lounge'

Depends how we're going to play. How many PL teams employ a genuine creative 'luxury' playmaker like that?

true, i guess we'd have to see how the whole owen contract situation pans out first, he's done well playing 'in the hole' but if he's not going to stay, maybe a beardsley type of playmaker might be as effective 'in the hole'.

I think the 4-3-3 was just KK's way of getting the best out of the players he had at his disposal last season anyway. Obviously a Beardsley type of player would be great but he was at his best here under KK in a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 anyway.

Do you always get emotional on a ten day delay btw? Must be weird.

I assume you're talking to me, Dave. No, there has been no ten day delay, but it is the first time I have had the actually time to write it down on here, since it happened.

I should have started a "Mediocrity for Ever" (Discuss) thread - but instead I responded on this one.

Dave - as you can see from ALL my earlier contributions over time on here  -  I really have always known what a club we were (are) and where we fit in. But, these comments from KK are so much more important than many seem able to (or prepared to) realise.

Again - excuse the dramatic words - but he has done untold damage.

I assume you're talking to me, Dave. No, there has been no ten day delay, but it is the first time I have had the actually time to write it down on here, since it happened.

I should have started a "Mediocrity for Ever" (Discuss) thread - but instead I responded on this one.

Dave - as you can see from ALL my earlier contributions over time on here  -  I really have always known what a club we were (are) and where we fit in. But, these comments from KK are so much more important than many seem able to (or prepared to) realise.

Fuckin hell, you're gettin on me tits, mate...can people get banned for repeating the same shite in every second sentence?!? 

Fuckin hell, you're gettin on me tits, mate...can people get banned for repeating the same s**** in every second sentence?!? 

I am not repeating for repeatings sake. I have tried to genuinly respond (and specifically) to everyones elses responses to me. I would welcome hearing from you as to what evidence you have that would contradict what I have said (what I said not 'repeated' in here!!!).

Thanks.

Guest alex

Alright, we heard you the first time.

Snidy little comment, that.

Not constructive or helpful.

Diddums. I wouldn't have said it if you hadn't made the exact same point over and over again. We get it man. Repeating it over and over again isn't particularly constructive or helpful either. Sorry if I've spoilt your assault on the moral highground btw.

This has quickly turned into the shittest thread ever!

I apologise, I have 'hijacked' the original purpose of this thread. I did it for legitimate heart-felt reasons though.

I will leave it now and it can go back to the Arshavin issue - a VERY good player, hope we can get him!

Once again, sorry. (oops - repeating myself!!).

so cutting back to the chase ... if he was interested in december, it's worth trying again to see if he still is, and preferably before the euro's before the really silly prices come out. that is providing he's a player keegan is interested in in the first place.

Alright, we heard you the first time.

Snidy little comment, that.

Not constructive or helpful.

Diddums. I wouldn't have said it if you hadn't made the exact same point over and over again. We get it man. Repeating it over and over again isn't particularly constructive or helpful either. Sorry if I've spoilt your assault on the moral highground btw.

No problem.