The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally I could not give a flying fuck, offend away.

:D

Anyways, this thread has hit 39 pages, i feel i have caused the past page and halfs worth of posts in the last half an hour, so I am going to go away now, and pray this thread does not reach 50 pages...

And if Arshavin does sign for us, i will eat my hat and give all who i have offended on here £100 each, tax free.

You sure Skirge?

People honestly care how many pages a thread on a forum reaches.

One really does learn something new every day. :laugh:

40 pages and all i've learnt is that James still talks utter wank. He should do it for a living.

Personally I could not give a flying f***, offend away.

Anyways, this thread has hit 39 pages, i feel i have caused the past page and halfs worth of posts in the last half an hour, so I am going to go away now, and pray this thread does not reach 50 pages...

And if Arshavin does sign for us, i will eat my hat and give all who i have offended on here £100 each, tax free.

You sure Skirge?

Keep the money and give it to KK for the transfer kitty. thats how much I love this club..

Anyway come on 50 pages or even more by the time Arshavins future is sorted..

HAS THIS BEEN POSTED?

Arshavin: Barça Are My Dream

Arguably Euro 2008's star player so far, the emerging Andrei Arshavin has revealed just who he would like to play for, given the freedom of choice...

The forward was brought to the tournament by coach Guus Hiddink despite having to serve a two-match ban for a needless suspension picked up towards the end of their final warm-up fixture.

Having missed the first two games - including a 4-1 defeat to tomorrow's semi-final opponents, Spain - he returned to great effect, being the star performer in their must-win group game against Sweden and likewise in their incredible overpowering of tournament favourites the Netherlands in the quarterfinals.

"I came here hoping I'd get a chance to play at such a big tournament," Arshavin told Euro2008.com. "I've never been to an event like this before.

"We had some very tough training sessions and it was difficult for me to be training a lot knowing I wouldn't be playing. It was an unusual feeling. Even so I'm happy [coach] Guus Hiddink brought me here despite the ban and let me become a part of the tournament."

Despite catching the eye of Arsene Wenger and Zinedine Zidane to name just two - as well as being linked to almost all of Europe's major clubs - the Zenit St Petersburg star does not feel he has done that well. "I've played better games [than against Sweden and the Netherlands], so many times," he insisted. "It's just that the team is winning. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary.

"Sometimes I score, sometimes I provide a pass. When you do it in the [FIFA] World Cup or [uEFA] European Championship, in front of a lot of people, there are bigger repercussions, so to speak.

"If we had Pavel Pogrebnyak [who was injured before the tournament started] and Igor Denisov [who was omitted from the squad], we would be much stronger. You should remember those names, although I think they're known already as they helped Zenit win the UEFA Cup.

"Who looks good here? Yuri Zhirkov and Igor Akinfeev are playing well and Roman Pavlyuchenko scores goals so they stand out a bit over the others."

He then gave a revelation that will have put all of Europe on red-alert: "I have supported [FC] Barcelona all my life. Barcelona are my dream.

"I never thought I would have a genuine chance to play for the club. Let's see how the situation unfolds. For now I can't say anything for sure. At the moment I'm a player of team Russia and I'm only thinking about doing well in the semi-finals."

He also supported the arrival of Guus Hiddink as coach: "When he came two years ago it was the most important decision made by our FA president [Football Union of Russia chief Vitaly Mutko]. Everyone in Russia is envious he makes so much money and enjoys so much power. But for him it's not as easy to work as it seems.

"This is a big event for us, the players. He gave us more freedom, he believes in us, he trusts us and that's why we play better. I'm very happy to work with one of the best coaches in the world. To be part of his team is a real pleasure.

"To be honest, I wouldn't have believed [we would do this well]. I can't say we were playing good football in the friendlies, but things change quickly in life. Now we have beaten the Dutch, who were perhaps the strongest team in the tournament, so it's natural we are more confident."

While the 27-year-old admitted it was a blow to lose Denis Kolodin and Dmiti Torbinski for the semi-final, he noted that any player can be replaced - even himself. "Any player, especially at this stage, is a big loss for us, but I hope the players who replace them will do well.

"I didn't play in the UEFA Cup semi-final against [FC] Bayern [Müchen] and everyone said it was a big loss, but Zenit won 4-0.

"You can always replace a player. Of course some are better than others, but I don't think we need to cry about it. We need to prepare with the players we have.

"I never think about ... whether I am a leader or not. By helping my team-mates, I help myself. If there is good movement and they move the way I want them to, it makes it easier for me to play.

"I do it not to show I'm a leader, but to make sure we're quicker in achieving the result we need."

Guest Mucky01

Most interesting fact yet about Arshavin: He has a diploma in fashion design. You've got to love Skysports for getting the important info out there

so we have another selling point for him, Newcastle has a big gay scene.

Most interesting fact yet about Arshavin: He has a diploma in fashion design. You've got to love Skysports for getting the important info out there

Insider knowledge???

Guest Mucky01

Insider knowledge???

eh, Swissmag I’m sure there are more appropriate websites for you to go ‘cruising’.

Insider knowledge???

eh, Swissmag Im sure there are more appropriate websites for you to go cruising.

Cruising?

Insider knowledge???

eh, Swissmag Im sure there are more appropriate websites for you to go cruising.

I am sure that there is a separate "I am trying to be funny by using cliches" thread... :-) Take it easy

Insider knowledge???

Quoted in Norwegian media said he got the grade cause all the pretty girls went there :D

ok, even the bloke commentating on the tennis thinks arshavin is mint, we have to sign him now

what did he exactly say?

at the end of the sharapova match yesterday she was signing a russian flag and he said 'oh, she's signing a russian flag there, she's been watching all of their games in the euro's, i watched them beat holland the other night and i have to say that  little guy from st. petersburg is really quite something'  ;D

ok, even the bloke commentating on the tennis thinks arshavin is mint, we have to sign him now

what did he exactly say?

at the end of the sharapova match yesterday she was signing a russian flag and he said 'oh, she's signing a russian flag there, she's been watching all of their games in the euro's, i watched them beat holland the other night and i have to say that  little guy from st. petersburg is really quite something'  ;D

Surely that was Barry Davies, ex-football commentator who covered numerous major international tournaments for the BBC? To be honest if it was him I think he'd know a thing or two about football anyway!

http://euro2008.football365.com/football/euro2008/story/0,23063,13956_3733133,00.html

Arsene Wenger believes Russian magician Andrei Arshavin will go to England or Italy - and not Spain as the player himself prefers.

The Russian midfielder has proved an electrifying presence at the Euro 2008 finals as his unfancied team have made it to the semis against Spain.

His impressive performances against Sweden and Holland have come after the player inspired Zenit St Petersburg to their Uefa Cup triumph over Rangers in Manchester.

Such fantastic play has led the midfield dynamo to become one of the hottest properties in world football.

Arshavin himself has spoken of how joining Barcelona - who he has supported all his life - would be a 'dream'.

But the canny Wenger - who has proved himself a great judge in the transfer market - believes the Russian will be bound for the Premier League or Serie A.

Quite amazing

He said: "What is quite amazing is that Russia is the only country where a player like Arshavin suddenly comes to the world's attention at the age of 27. That is not possible anywhere else.

"I wish I'd seem him at 21 or 22. I predict he will come to the Premier League, or go to a big club in Italy. The way he plays is something very special."

He added: "He could be tempted by wanting to play in the best league, of course. And it could happen. Would you be surprised? If you ask me do I think he will be in the Premier League? I would say yes because that's a prediction."

But Wenger admitted he does not know the situation at Zenit, or whether the player wishes to stay with the Russian side.

"Maybe he'll want to stay because they play in the Champions League."