Deco

Taylor Swift

Yes yes, another thread by me about Deco.

But check this out.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=535623&cc=5739

Released Deco reveals Premier ambition

Deco hopes to play in England or Italy next season after revealing he has been told by Barcelona he can leave the Nou Camp.

The Portugal international, who joined Barca from Porto in 2004, has a contract until 2010 but said on Thursday that the Catalan giants had told his agent he was free to find himself a new club.

'The club spoke with my representative and I know that there are offers, I am going to negotiate. I don't want to leave Barca with problems,' Deco said at a promotional event on Thursday.

'Barca people come and go, but the club continues, and me going is not the end of the world.

'I want to be where I am wanted and when things end up this way, it is best that you go. I thank the club for being honest with me.'

Deco insists his next step will either be the Premier League or Serie A, adding: 'I will go to England or Italy, I am sure. I won't stay in Spain because the only club that is of Barca's level is Madrid and I would never go to Madrid.'

The 30-year-old playmaker has suffered from injuries this season which have limited him to just 14 starts in Barca's 37 league games.

Barca, who complete their Primera Liga campaign this weekend, have now gone two seasons without winning any silverware and it was announced last week that reserve team manager Josep Guardiola would be replacing coach Frank Rijkaard in the Nou Camp hotseat this summer.

Guest justin99.

signing a player who's best years are behind him and will only decline in value, on huge wages, is not what is required.

Guest teepee

i'd honestly prefer ashavin, but if possible of course i'd take deco if that didn't work out

i am just affraid that he'll take some time getting used to the epl, and his age really doesn't allow that....

a mate of a mate who's ITK (i know i know, so don't read on if you don't want to) reckons during the meeting that keegan was "summoned" to he was told in no uncertain terms there's an age limit being imposed on transfers, 24 years old was mentioned but that seems a bit obstructive to me, comes from someone working at the club

point is, whether you believe this or not, it's highly highly likely to be true in some way or other given the noises this board are making about wages/player signings/developing the youth system

i'd be fucken amazed if we went for the likes of deco/henry, so much so i'd actually bet money we'll not sign anyone of that nature unless they come without a transfer fee and are on short/flexible contracts

we'd better get with reality kids, i just can't see transfers like this happening no matter how good they may be....

a mate of a mate who's ITK (i know i know, so don't read on if you don't want to) reckons during the meeting that keegan was "summoned" to he was told in no uncertain terms there's an age limit being imposed on transfers, 24 years old was mentioned but that seems a bit obstructive to me, comes from someone working at the club

point is, whether you believe this or not, it's highly highly likely to be true in some way or other given the noises this board are making about wages/player signings/developing the youth system

i'd be fucken amazed if we went for the likes of deco/henry, so much so i'd actually bet money we'll not sign anyone of that nature unless they come without a transfer fee and are on short/flexible contracts

we'd better get with reality kids, i just can't see transfers like this happening no matter how good they may be....

I've heard similar, but not quite so black and white.

Big money will be spent on younger players only, though older players will be signed if they are available for lower fees and aren't looking for a massive payday (so Dunne would be considered but Henry not etc)

Good policy IMO.

Big money will be spent on younger players only, though older players will be signed if they are available for lower fees and aren't looking for a massive payday (so Dunne would be considered but Henry not etc)

i've no problem with it either, you?  get on with it i say...should have been going on like this for years

i've no problem with it either, you?  get on with it i say...should have been going on like this for years

The policy is good, but if it stopped us signing someone like Rio or Terry for example because they are 30 or approaching it then I'd be peeved as they would aid the deelopment of the rest of the team.

So in prinicple I'm behind it, but I hope there's flexibility for exceptional cases

The policy is good, but if it stopped us signing someone like Rio or Terry for example because they are 30 or approaching it then I'd be peeved as they would aid the deelopment of the rest of the team.

So in prinicple I'm behind it, but I hope there's flexibility for exceptional cases

yeah i guess, defenders and goalkeepers are the best examples of when you'd break such a policy, you could feasibly sign a 30-32 year old CB/GK and get a good 3 years out of them through know how and organisational skills

i'd be very reluctant, if i had anything to do with it, to be spending big money and/or wages on midfielders or attackers as in today's pacy game they'd struggle to have as much impact (IMO)

Guest NIToon

Deco if he came to the EPL would spend most of his time lying on the ground. His style is more technical and suited to Italy.  My money's on Milan!!