A Question For The Older Supporters With A Memory. :O)

ennyoueffsea

An old picture from around 1971 from a pre-season friendly between South Shields and Newcastle United Reserves. I can name the goalie as John Hope, with John Craggs at the near post and a young irving Nattrass to the far right. Does anyone know who was the Newcastle player on the line at the back post? Face looks farmiliar but bugging the hell out of me for a name.

Cheers.  O0

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/ennyoueffsea/SheelsvNewcastleUnitedReserves1.jpg

Guest gbolem

An old picture from around 1971 from a pre-season friendly between South Shields and Newcastle United Reserves. I can name the goalie as John Hope, with John Craggs at the near post and a young irving Nattrass to the far right. Does anyone know who was the Newcastle player on the line at the back post? Face looks farmiliar but bugging the hell out of me for a name.

Cheers.  O0

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/ennyoueffsea/SheelsvNewcastleUnitedReserves1.jpg

Ray Ellison?

I was well hoping this picture would have something I could hammer Mick with. Unfortunately I'm going to have to step back from this one, but don't worry, I'll be back stronger next time.

Ray Ellison?

Possibly although he hardly played for us.

Hardly played for for us as was always in the reserves, playing teams like Sheels.  :lol:

Didn't Bob Stokoe take him to the mackems?

I was well hoping this picture would have something I could hammer Mick with. Unfortunately I'm going to have to step back from this one, but don't worry, I'll be back stronger next time.

bluelaugh.gif