Season ticket news - renewal deadline now Sunday June 22

Baggio

so i take it all these moving to the singing section will be standing? similar to an away game? i hate sitting at games

Be interesting to see how they steward it; I think you're right and that loads will (or at least want to) stand.

hopefully the stewards have a relaxed view on standing up there. The club obviously aren't gonna come out and say it's a standing section as it's against the law.But i think they know that most will probably want to stand and have probably told the stewards that  

I reckon the club arent that clever and havent anticipated the standing that is likely to occur.  Same goes for the steward's, they will probably go in with the usual heavy handed approach.  :rolleyes:

if the majority stand nowt will happen, just be like an away game tbh

Yeah hope so but in the long term the police could force the club to abolish the singing section.

Wait a minute. £300 for me and £100 for the bairn in the family section? We've already paid for next seasons tickets and i'm sure they cost over £500 for the pair. It's good that we'll be along the side of the pitch by moving to the Milburn, but it is a level higher and effectively we're in the "gods".

I think i'll be having a chat with the box office staff very soon.

I don't think they force you to go to the family enclosure, but if you want to save some money and don't mind the worse view, then they'll refund the difference and move you back

As long as we don't pay over a hundred quid more than others for our tickets, i'm more than happy to stay in the family section. Bairn enjoys it and it's cheap as owt. I'll speak to the club and see about getting the difference refunded.

As for the view, i'm just hoping we won't be too far back in level 7.

so i take it all these moving to the singing section will be standing? similar to an away game? i hate sitting at games

Be interesting to see how they steward it; I think you're right and that loads will (or at least want to) stand.

All the lads off TU will be applying together (hopefully around the 50 mark) and we won't be sitting. I'm also pretty sure most of the people who stood in the Leazes this season will move to the singing section aswell.  It won't be much of a singing section if everyones sitting down...

Guest Knightrider

Firstly, the club should be applauded for listening to fans and secondly for acting on that feedback. Of course you can't please everyone but these 'changes' are a positive step in the right direction and shows some kind of commitment to improving the atmosphere, making tickets more affordable and with it accessible and that kids and families are key demographs, the future of the club, so I welcome all these changes and say a well done on introducing them.  :thup:

Guest jrtoonarmy

I also cannot believe some people in this thread complaining about price REDUCTIONS

reductions for people based on the fact that they sing is unfair to the people paying more because they dont sing.

My god, do you want an atmosphere or what???????????????

fans paying more than those who sing based purely on the fact that they dont sing is ridiculous.

Well the 3,000 section will be standing thats a fact! so really we are getting cheaper tickets not because we sing but becasue we wont even be using a seat! seems fair to me!

obviously the singing section will be over subscribed, s how do you reckon they will sort it? Maybe give priority to people who are being moved for the away supporters? Or people who have points from away games?

obviously the singing section will be over subscribed, s how do you reckon they will sort it? Maybe give priority to people who are being moved for the away supporters? Or people who have points from away games?

Guest Spark

Right a little help here , ive payed for this seasons season ticket already with the offer they give out last season getting the free cup games ect...however i sit in Sir john level 7 and will probably be getting moved and id want to move into the singing area which is cheaper, but ive already payed for the more expensive tickets in SJL7 will i get refunded for this?

Right a little help here , ive payed for this seasons season ticket already with the offer they give out last season getting the free cup games ect...however i sit in Sir john level 7 and will probably be getting moved and id want to move into the singing area which is cheaper, but ive already payed for the more expensive tickets in SJL7 will i get refunded for this?

ask them :)

Guest Novocastrian

Host auditions, X-Factor style. Only the fattest, pissed up heed the baalls get selected.  :frantic:

I also cannot believe some people in this thread complaining about price REDUCTIONS

reductions for people based on the fact that they sing is unfair to the people paying more because they dont sing.

fans paying more than those who sing based purely on the fact that they dont sing is ridiculous.

Honestly mate, have a look at what you're saying , with all due respect it is you who is sounding a bit ridiculous.

This is a scheme to encourage the so called 'singers' to merge together in the worst seats in the ground.

Because these are the worst seats in the ground they should also be the cheapest.

Last season, Villa did something similar.

Moved away fans from the North Stand lower (awful seats, no legroom, shit view), put home fans there and made 1,500 or so of the 3000 tickets there available at 200 quid adults, 50 quid kids.

The result was a much, much better atmosphere in the ground as a whole, and lots of people being able to afford STs who couldn't before.

Stand probably getting pulled down at end of this coming season, so don't know what will happen long term, though

Honestly mate, have a look at what you're saying , with all due respect it is you who is sounding a bit ridiculous.

This is a scheme to encourage the so called 'singers' to merge together in the worst seats in the ground.

Because these are the worst seats in the ground they should also be the cheapest.

Last season, Villa did something similar.

Moved away fans from the North Stand lower (awful seats, no legroom, s*** view), put home fans there and made 1,500 or so of the 3000 tickets there available at 200 quid adults, 50 quid kids.

The result was a much, much better atmosphere in the ground as a whole, and lots of people being able to afford STs who couldn't before.

Stand probably getting pulled down at end of this coming season, so don't know what will happen long term, though

Aye, that old away end at Villa park is truely awful.  :thdn:

Guest The Corner

How is it going to be a singing section if the tickets automatically go to the people sitting up in level 7 atm ?

How is it going to be a singing section if the tickets automatically go to the people sitting up in level 7 atm ?

Because the majority of them all stand and sing already.

Guest loonietoonie

do you think there is a chance that in high interest they will extend this area in the future ? Im not a season ticket holder havent been for a few seasons but wouldnt mind getting one

Guest MagFinnPie

brilliant move by the club, there are truly some c**ts around the stadium, we got told in the mackems game that our clapping hurts some bloke's wifes ears... howay the atmosphere

Wait a minute. £300 for me and £100 for the bairn in the family section? We've already paid for next seasons tickets and i'm sure they cost over £500 for the pair. It's good that we'll be along the side of the pitch by moving to the Milburn, but it is a level higher and effectively we're in the "gods".

I think i'll be having a chat with the box office staff very soon.

I don't think they force you to go to the family enclosure, but if you want to save some money and don't mind the worse view, then they'll refund the difference and move you back

As long as we don't pay over a hundred quid more than others for our tickets, i'm more than happy to stay in the family section. Bairn enjoys it and it's cheap as owt. I'll speak to the club and see about getting the difference refunded.

As for the view, i'm just hoping we won't be too far back in level 7.

E-mailed my concerns to the club regards being over-charged and ending up with a poorer view and they phoned me very soon after to tell me i'd get a refund for the difference between how much i'd paid and how much next seasons tickets will cost. £112 in my case. They also said because i've already paid for my tickets in row C, i'll also be in row C when we move to level 7. Not too high after all.

Well done to the ticket office staff for a change. Long may the good service continue.

I don't really fancy sitting right underneath the away fans if I'm honest.

Mincey bastard :razz:

I have for the past 7 years i've had my season ticket, fine really.

I'll probably be making the move upwards aswell to the singing section, especially if it's cheaper