Season ticket news - renewal deadline now Sunday June 22

Baggio

Guest neesy111

we haven't sold out our season tickets for past 3 seasons, it was propaganda by the shepherd regime to get to concern people to buy season tickets incase they might lose them

i got 1 no problem this season, after not having 1 for 2 year, still debating whether to renew or not tho

My seat is mid centre of the goal, up in L7. I like that view and i am used to all the great folks around me.  Does this mean that I will have to move to the present away fans corner  and the away fans will take up where i was sitting?  If so they can fuck off.

Nah mate, you can move wherever you want, without paying any extra. You DO NOT have to move to the corner if you don't want to.

This isn't a pop at you, I just can't be arsed to make another post after, so don't take it to heart, but..

Some of the posts in this thread are a fucking typical example that when things like this happen, there's always some people who just choose not to read the whole story, coupled with the fact that no matter how many people the club try to please, there's always a group of people who get pissed off.

I don't have to move, so you're probably thinking aye aye easy for him etc.. But I have had to move in the past to make way for developments. I just got on with it. It's a perfect time to switch seats to somewhere else and possibly even get sat with your mates. A refreshing change if you like. I really can't see them changing much in the future after all of this, these changes are pretty extensive. I know the view up there is good, but lets be honest, unless you're really low down, there arent may shit seats in our ground..

My seat is mid centre of the goal, up in L7. I like that view and i am used to all the great folks around me.  Does this mean that I will have to move to the present away fans corner  and the away fans will take up where i was sitting?  If so they can fuck off.

Nah mate, you can move wherever you want, without paying any extra. You DO NOT have to move to the corner if you don't want to.

This isn't a pop at you, I just can't be arsed to make another post after, so don't take it to heart, but..

Some of the posts in this thread are a fucking typical example that when things like this happen, there's always some people who just choose not to read the whole story, coupled with the fact that no matter how many people the club try to please, there's always a group of people who get pissed off.

I don't have to move, so you're probably thinking aye aye easy for him etc.. But I have had to move in the past to make way for developments. I just got on with it. It's a perfect time to switch seats to somewhere else and possibly even get sat with your mates. A refreshing change if you like. I really can't see them changing much in the future after all of this, these changes are pretty extensive. I know the view up there is good, but lets be honest, unless you're really low down, there arent may shit seats in our ground..

:thup: for most of that, and a :angry: for the bold bit! :laugh:

There has never been a waiting list since the extension opened in 2000.

The following season 2001-2002, I sent an email asking to be added to the waiting list and a couple of weeks later I got one.

:thup: for most of that, and a :angry: for the bold bit! :laugh:

blackeye.gif  :lol:

How far down do you sit like, mate?

Front row of the Gallowgate. It's fantastic when the ball's in that half, but as you say, the view gets incredibly cack when it's down the Leazes End. Good leg-room though!

There has never been a waiting list since the extension opened in 2000.

The following season 2001-2002, I sent an email asking to be added to the waiting list and a couple of weeks later I got one.

Aye, my first season ticket was in 02/03, our best season of this century, and there was no problem in getting one at all.

I also cannot believe some people in this thread complaining about price REDUCTIONS and that they have to move.

While I undestand it is a pain in the arse to move if you like your view and the people you sit next to, it has to be realised that this is what the fans have been wanting for ages. It gives us a chance to make SJP live up to its reputation.

It is a positive move by the club which should be applauded cause they could have done nothing and those in the 'affected' areas should just suck it up and get on with it imo.

Guest The Libertine

I also cannot believe some people in this thread complaining about price REDUCTIONS

reductions for people based on the fact that they sing is unfair to the people paying more because they dont sing.

I also cannot believe some people in this thread complaining about price REDUCTIONS

reductions for people based on the fact that they sing is unfair to the people paying more because they dont sing.

My god, do you want an atmosphere or what???????????????

People are not paying more because they don't sing, they are just not getting the reductions.  We have different charges around the ground anyway so this will be no different.

Guest The Libertine

fans paying more than those who sing based purely on the fact that they dont sing is ridiculous.

fans paying more than those who sing based purely on the fact that they dont sing is ridiculous.

You can go in the singing end and not bother singing, you'll still get the reductions. 

How do pay more for not singing?

im level 7 sir john hall and althought obviously im pleased that when i get moved my ticket will cost less, i am a bit gutted cos i like all the people that sit round me. But, like people have said, its change for the better, so i'l just have to make new friends!

Honestly mate, have a look at what you're saying , with all due respect it is you who is sounding a bit ridiculous.

This is a scheme to encourage the so called 'singers' to merge together in the worst seats in the ground.

Because these are the worst seats in the ground they should also be the cheapest.

im level 7 sir john hall and althought obviously im pleased that when i get moved my ticket will cost less, i am a bit gutted cos i like all the people that sit round me. But, like people have said, its change for the better, so i'l just have to make new friends!

Thats the spirit mate!

:thup:

I've had season tickets in the gallowgate, milburn, leazes L7 and east stand.

you may be up in the gods in L7 but being near the away fans makes the atmosphere loads better. I had a mint season up there and only moved to sit nearer to my mates. definitely not the worst seats in the ground

east stand is dead.

gallowgate is canny but when you get up near the back you can only see and hear 2/3rd of the ground which gives me the hump.

milburn was full of corporates more arsed about talking about shopping and kids parties than getting behind the lads.

Guest toonlass

You can go in the singing end and not bother singing, you'll still get the reductions. 

How do pay more for not singing?

You can go in the singing end, and complain about those singing or standing up for more than 3 seconds, and get pissed on too  :laugh:

I think its a great thing to seperate those fans who like to have a laugh and a sing at the matches and those who sit and moan about others making too much noise, or standing up and blocking their view.

so i take it all these moving to the singing section will be standing? similar to an away game? i hate sitting at games

Be interesting to see how they steward it; I think you're right and that loads will (or at least want to) stand.

so i take it all these moving to the singing section will be standing? similar to an away game? i hate sitting at games

Be interesting to see how they steward it; I think you're right and that loads will (or at least want to) stand.

Yeah, this is the first potential problem the singing section will encounter imo.

Mass standing and subsequently the authorities kicking off about it.

Will be interesting and ***Could*** be the first step toward's safe standing areas imo. 

hopefully the stewards have a relaxed view on standing up there. The club obviously aren't gonna come out and say it's a standing section as it's against the law.But i think they know that most will probably want to stand and have probably told the stewards that  

hopefully the stewards have a relaxed view on standing up there. The club obviously aren't gonna come out and say it's a standing section as it's against the law.But i think they know that most will probably want to stand and have probably told the stewards that  

I reckon the club arent that clever and havent anticipated the standing that is likely to occur.  Same goes for the steward's, they will probably go in with the usual heavy handed approach.  :rolleyes:

I reckon the club arent that clever and havent anticipated the standing that is likely to occur.  Same goes for the steward's, they will probably go in with the usual heavy handed approach.  :rolleyes:

if the majority stand nowt will happen, just be like an away game tbh