Favourite ever goal? *Please don't post clips!*

Chris_R

Bergkamp against us..

that goal was the perfect meaning of Class:D

Hasn't he admitted since he didn't exactly mean it to turn out like it did?

no idea, he also had an absolutely top class goal VS the argies i think in 2002.

Yeah in France in 98 vs the argies.

It's worth searching for that on youtube for the insane dutch commentator alone.

Guest 3-1 NYD

Games where I was present:

Toon-Beardsley @ Pompey in the promotion season. Non Toon-Cambiasso Argentina/Serbia @ Gelsenkirchen.

Games I didn't attend:

Toon-O'Brien over the wall @ Joker Park. Non Toon-Zidane in the Champions League Final.

Seems bizarre to me that anyone would have a favourite goal that wasn't scored by the team you support.

Why, it´s possible to prefer a goal not scored by ones favourite team because of its aesthetic value surely? Anyway, there are many players I would have loved, absolutely loved to have seen play for the Toon and that I admire (the likes of Zidane and Bergkamp) so I don´t see any harm in naming their best goal as a personal favourite. Now, where it concerns goals scored AGAINST the team you support (i.e. Bergkamp vs Dabizas) it´s a slightly different matter of course..

Bergkamp against us..

no idea, he also had an absolutely top class goal VS the argies i think in 2002.

It's worth searching for that on youtube for the insane dutch commentator alone.

Aye, he´s called Jack van Gelder. He´s the Dutch equivalent of the BBC´s radio presenter. His commentary is brilliant and because it´s radio he describes play an awful lot better than your average tele commentator. Worth turning down the volume on your television and listening to the radio. Hope we will get some more excitement of this type in the upcoming Euros!

Bergkamp against us..

Aye, he´s called Jack van Gelder. He´s the Dutch equivalent of the BBC´s radio presenter. His commentary is brilliant and because it´s radio he describes play an awful lot better than your average tele commentator. Worth turning down the volume on your television and listening to the radio. Hope we will get some more excitement of this type in the upcoming Euros!

He's pretty good at his job.

Even with my extremely limited dutch I would have got the idea that Dennis Bergkamp had scored that goal if I'd heard it on the radio :laugh:

Seems bizarre to me that anyone would have a favourite goal that wasn't scored by the team you support.

Why, it´s possible to prefer a goal not scored by ones favourite team because of its aesthetic value surely?

Not for me but each to their own.