Mikel Arteta

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Kev aims to take Mik out of Toffees

Kevin Keegan has reportedly put Everton playmaker Mikel Arteta top of his shopping list after pushing Emre towards the Newcastle exit door.

Turkish midfielder Emre has been given permission to discuss personal terms with Fenerbahce after the Magpies settled on a fee with last season's Champions League quarter-finalists.

The 27-year-old does not figure in Keegan's long-term plans for the club, unlike classy Spaniard Arteta who is now his number one transfer target.

The Toon boss is desperate inject more creativity into his side after seeing them score just 45 goals in 38 Premier League games last season.

Keegan sees Arteta as the ideal central-midfield replacement for injury-plagued Emre, and is hoping his ambitious bid for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips and the chance to play in front of over 52,000 fans week-in, week-out will lure him to St James' Park.

Guest Chubby Jason

I think if he leaves Everton it will be to go back to Spain, and to a Champions League club. He will want to get into the Spain side and if he can't do that at Everton he won't do it here.

Ha.

How many times can I say this, people love slating the press for spouting rubbish about us, yet as soon as we get linked with someone people are happy with everyone gets all excited.

Ha.

How many times can I say this, people love slating the press for spouting rubbish about us, yet as soon as we get linked with someone people are happy with everyone gets all excited.

I don't even nearly believe it tbh. Can you argue with "that would be fantastic" or "that would be perfect"... ?

Guest Stephen927

Ha.

I don't even nearly believe it tbh. Can you argue with "that would be fantastic" or "that would be perfect"... ?

I don't think theres an ounce of truth in the article.

Ha.

yeah look at how excited everyone is HAHA, god they're so stupid, good job you're around to make them aware of their stupidity

Guest Stephen927

How unrealistic is this, 1878?

I think it's quite unrealistic 1878 since Arteta wasn't even born then...

:lol:

Ha.

yeah look at how excited everyone is HAHA, god they're so stupid, good job you're around to make them aware of their stupidity

:lol: pwned

Ha.

:lol: pwned

Pwned. Yes totally.

Entirely tbh.

I know. I think I'm now going to have to read some more threads about us being linked with players that have no substance, and then pour my scorn on such things, just so I can satisfy my heavily bruised ego due to the major pwning I've just had.

Entirely tbh.

I know. I think I'm now going to have to read some more threads about us being linked with players that have no substance, and then pour my scorn on such things, just so I can satisfy my heavily bruised ego due to the major pwning I've just had.

Miaow.

Wasn't he pretty rubbish for the latter part of the season?

struggling with injuries iirc?

sign him!

Pretty sure 1878 wasn't right impressed with him.