Cardozo

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Benfica Reject English Mega Offers For CardozoBenfica have rejected big money offers for Óscar Cardozo from Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United and Manchester City in recent weeks, according to reports in Portugal.

The Paraguayan international scored a total of 22 goals for Benfica in his first season in Europe and his performances did not go unnoticed, specially in England.

O Jogo reports that Newcastle's coach, Kevin Keegan, was eager to take Cardozo to St. James' Park, but the Portuguese club rejected his offer worth €25m.

It is also believed that Benfica have rejected approaches from Manchester City and, most recently, Tottenham, who offered €15mn for the 25-year-old striker.

Cardozo, meanwhile, stated that he is very happy with life at Benfica and that he does not want to leave the club this soon.

"Over the next few days I will know if there is anything, but honestly I am here to win titles, specially the league title and I do not want to think about anything else," he told Record.

"I have four years left in my contract, I get along with everyone and I will only leave the club after being champion.

Tacuara also indicated that he believes in Rui Costa's project and has full trust in the new coach, Quique Flores.

"I do not know how he is as a coach, because I do not know him, but he is certainly very good, otherwise Rui Costa would not have appointed him," Cardozo noted.

"We will have many games to play and we will have to start winning from the beginning to be champions and reach the Champions League. Benfica will build a great team, with the purpose of winning the title.

"I hope Benfica will sign some key-players for our team to get very strong."

Cardozo, who joined As Águias from Newell's Old Boys for a fee in the region of €11m, is believed to have a release clause of €50 million attached to his contract.

Guest teepee

gotta say it - fantastic in fm

have only seen little of him in real life, but seems pretty much the perfect player for us. big, strong and a goal scorer

I can't see him getting hat trick away at wigan in the rain unlike Senor Cruz.

The Senor Cruz that flopped in Germany? If Santa Cruz can succeed here then this guy definitely can.

Assuming this article is true ...

Turning down a 25 million euro offer for Cardozo makes no sense. It really does seem to me to be an excellent offer for someone they paid about 10 million Euros for only a year ago?

They probably didn't like the way our payment was structured, maybe if we adjust this there could still be hope.

I think he would do well in the premier league.

Guest f***thepress

Wish we'd get linked to someone ive actually heard of , Cardozo, Gomes ,Gomis ...whos next...Antonio Montana ?

Wish we'd get linked to someone ive actually heard of , Cardozo, Gomes ,Gomis ...whos next...Antonio Montana ?

Have you never hear dof Crouch, Ashton or Darren Bent then? Cuz we've been linke with them too.

Think the players you haven't heard of are probably better players on the whole so don't worry about it too much.

Assuming this article is true ...

Turning down a 25 million euro offer for Cardozo makes no sense. It really does seem to me to be an excellent offer for someone they paid about 10 million Euros for only a year ago?

They probably didn't like the way our payment was structured, maybe if we adjust this there could still be hope.

I think he would do well in the premier league.

I think this story is fabricated. My hunch is that they really turned down a whopping £75m  :pow:

Guest Heneage

He didn't flop he just never got the games.

By the time he left he wasn't rated at all. He flopped.

Ah well differing opinions I know Bayern fans that were upset he left.

Would he really work in terms of link up play? I mean 15 is alot of money.

I wish we'd start getting linked with attacking central midfielders instead of strikers.

we need both to be honest

We'd be far better off going into next season with Owen, Martins & Viduka than with Butt, Geremi & Barton (if he even makes parole). 

I take your point...we could do with replacing Viduka with a target man...but we desperately need midfielders whereas a new striker would be a secondary priority.

I wish we'd start getting linked with attacking central midfielders instead of strikers.

we need both to be honest

We'd be far better off going into next season with Owen, Martins & Viduka than with Butt, Geremi & Barton (if he even makes parole). 

We could do with replacing Viduka with a target man, but we desperately need midfielders. 

Viduka is missing the start of the season and Martins is doubtful