Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1371530,00.html

ALL 2008/09 season tickets have now been posted.

The vast majority of these will reach fans in Thursday's post (Aug 21), with the remainder reaching destinations on Friday.

If, however, you are still concerned about your season ticket not arriving AFTER Thursday's post please contact the Newcastle United Box Office in person or by telephoning 0191 2611571.

The Box Office will be open from 8am-8pm on Thursday and Friday and will be dealing purely with season ticket inquiries. The ticket office in the South Stand will be open for non season ticket holders wishing to buy tickets for the Bolton game and other fixtures currently on sale.

Fans who have not received their season tickets can contact the Box Office and ask for a replacement paper ticket for Saturday's home game against Bolton.

However, please note, requesting a paper ticket will result in your season card being automatically cancelled for Saturday's game - so if your card arrives AFTER you have requested a paper ticket for Bolton you MUST use the paper ticket to gain entry to the stadium.

All fans who do request duplicate paper tickets are also asked to collect these from the Box Office BEFORE Saturday if possible to avoid queues on the day.

Cash turnstiles 91 & 92 will also be in operation on Saturday as well for those fans yet to buy tickets for the Bolton game and who would like to pay on the day.

£50 extra this season. Unless of course I divvy up for 3 seasons. Can't see me paying up front as the cunt in charge hasn't spent a bean yet.

And, the bumph reckons the 'away' section is the whole of level 7 SJH behind the goal.

Not good news. :dave:

I assume the option for three years mean you avoid the £50 and any future rises then? Surely they don't expect anyone to pay like £1500 in one hit though?

Not good news. :dave:

I assume the option for three years mean you avoid the £50 and any future rises then? Surely they don't expect anyone to pay like £1500 in one hit though?

as i understand it you get a price freeze for two seasons after next yeah, you can pay in 20 month installments. of course i wouldnt know this for sure yet as my post doesnt arrive until after noon on most days

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE -Single Payment £1334 (£444)

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE - Payment Plan £1482 (£494 - same as last season)

08/09 Season Ticket £543

Uopon reflection, my Barclaycard offers interest free for Season Tickets! 

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE -Single Payment £1334

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE - Payment Plan £1482

08/09 Season Ticket £543

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're saying they're going to charge interest for paying in installments? That's a fucking joke.

08/09 Season Ticket £543

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're saying they're going to charge interest for paying in installments? That's a fucking joke.

so you can pay a extra 148 in intrest to freeze the price of your ticket for the next 2 seasons - that makes no sense unless they are expecting a huge rise in prices in the next 2-3 years

It's quite normal to pay more when it's spread over a payment period. Even when it says INTEREST FREE in capital letters you still pay more for it.

The 3 year price freeze payment plan looks a good deal to me. There is no increase on last years price, nor will there be for the following two seasons either. What's to grumble about?

Or I'm reading Crumpy's post wrong.

It's quite normal to pay more when it's spread over a payment period. Even when it says INTEREST FREE in capital letters you still pay more for it.

It's quite normal when you're not talking about football, iyam.

What does your second sentence mean btw? If a sofa costs £700 and you pay it in 24 interest free monthly payments of £25 plus a £100 deposit, how have you paid more? You've paid £700 regardless of whether it's in one hit or over two years.

As I don't have mine yet can anyone who has tell me what happens if you have already paid for this season?  Are we not pyaing anything for the next year then paying the following two years if you take the 3 year option...

What does your second sentence mean btw? If a sofa costs £700 and you pay it in 24 interest free monthly payments of £25 plus a £100 deposit, how have you paid more? You've paid £700 regardless of whether it's in one hit or over two years.

I don't think they are putting it as us getting charged more but advertising it as a discount if you pay the lump sum.  Thats what they said on the site when they announced the news anyhoo...

I don't think they are putting it as us getting charged more but advertising it as a discount if you pay the lump sum.  Thats what they said on the site when they announced the news anyhoo...

Ah right, fair enough then I suppose.

The thought of being charged interest on something as emotive as football season tickets really riles me.

Btw this all seems like a bit of a mess, what with all the different payment options, eventual prices and people who've paid at various points previously.

Was just going to say the same. It's all over the shop.

08/09 Season Ticket £543

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're saying they're going to charge interest for paying in installments? That's a f***ing joke.

so you can pay a extra 148 in intrest to freeze the price of your ticket for the next 2 seasons - that makes no sense unless they are expecting a huge rise in prices in the next 2-3 years

No, if you pay the one off lump sum for the three seasons you ALSO get a 10% discount than if you we're to pay for the three seasons by monthly installments thats why it is cheaper.

The problem you get with a discount offer such as that is that so few people (relatively speaking) will be able to afford to take it up, it seems like a bit of a piss-take.

Away season tickets aswell. If you've got enough loyalty points, the option appears on the back of your form.

It's on mine but I'm in 2 minds at the minute. I'd be doing the majority anyway but I dunno if I want to commit, what with me fucking off to Australia for 2 months. If we're shite while I'm away, I get lumped with tickets neebody wants.

Aye, it's makes sense when you see Crumpy put the individual season prices next to it.

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE -Single Payment £1334 (£444)

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE - Payment Plan £1482 (£494 - same as last season)

08/09 Season Ticket £543

Uopon reflection, my Barclaycard offers interest free for Season Tickets! 

The problem you get with a discount offer such as that is that so few people (relatively speaking) will be able to afford to take it up, it seems like a bit of a piss-take.

Why? The 3 year paymemt plan seems a good deal to me.