Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

well after reading it propley the £1334 i need to pay as a 1 off for 3 seasons seems a good deal, thats £445 a season in the gallowgate, its another 800quid more than i was expecting to spend but then you pay nothing else till 2011 for home league games. i can see the club offering these kind of deals every year to try and keep people at least a season in credit. 

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE -Single Payment £1334 (£444)

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE - Payment Plan £1482 (£494 - same as last season)

08/09 Season Ticket £543

Uopon reflection, my Barclaycard offers interest free for Season Tickets!

Aye Ive got one too, how long do they stay interest free for?

FOREVER - Or a week satday. Whichever comes the sooner.

i havnt recieved mine just yet, and im hoping to move into the 'singing section'.

no way can my mam pay for 3 years season ticket, shes struggling to find around £300 never mind £900 or so for me.

anyone know if its just luck to get into this singing section? or how long you had season ticket? loyalty points?

away season ticket, 1,500 of them available? or is this not true...

if true anyone know how many loyalty points you need? and the price if available?

Could this money up front scheme a plan for Ashley to claw back some of the money he has spent clearing the clubs debts before he buggers off ?

I'm not sure he has cleared the debts, merely shoved them in a Topco.  Though we won't know that for definite till the Topco formed files its first set of accounts.

Though I do believe it is indeed part of some plan around either re-financing, maybe cash out as you say or something else. 

Maybe that's cynical but the longer it goes without seeing any real cash being spent, the more cynical I'm getting about Ashley's motives.

Must admit when the transfer deadline passes and we have spent  our little war chest and it looks like we are not anywhere near catching up with the clubs we used to s*** on i will question Ashleys motives but until then i live in hope .

Agreed.

It feels like everyone apart from us, Arsenal, Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Man City, Man Utd, Boro, Portsmouth, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham and Wigan have spent money on players.

Sarcasm from you dear sir no surely not or you agree  :undecided:

I'd be worried if everyone else was out spending money on players but hardly anyone has yet, Spurs have bought two, Liverpool and Chelsea one each and then Everton spent a few million on a player they had on loan last season, I don't see the rush as long as we get a few in for when pre season training starts.

agree will worry if this does not happen

We're being held to ransom. Pay up for three seasons now, or face a bigger hike in the future.

Season tickets are already too expensive to start with.

Greedy fucking bastards.

According to NUFC.com there will only be 1,500 spaces in the singing section available for other fans to relocate because the other 1,500 are for the 'adjacent leazes section'.  Will this dilute the singing section or is that where all the 'ultras' were anyway in the adjacent leazes section?

With the price increases I think this will only cater for a very small percentage of those wanting to move there which is terrible tbh.

Mine hasn't arrived yet but I think I'm one of them classed as the 'adjacent leazes section' (and not an 'ultra' before anyone starts). Can anyone tell me cos I'm having to move to accomodate the away fans am I getting £100 knocked off the cost of my ST?

Blimey. Are we strapped for cash, if Ashley wants to encourage folks to stump up 3 years in advance? Maybe it's to fund that big Ronaldinho bid?

We've had a word with Real, this current soap opera is just them trying to unsettle Ronalso on our behalf...

The price is daft like.  I'll get this one and see how it runs.  I'm not being coaxed in to paying mega money into watching football.  Not when we know footballers are mega money and the TV deal gets bigger everytime its for for grabs.

What these daft cunts need to realise is football, the prem and every oher league would be shyte without fans supporting the teams on.

Go on keep putting the prices up, keep going.  You'll start to turn people away.

Spakas.

Guest toonlass

Mine's down by £50, so I am happy. I paid for this year's by direct debit, so am just going to say that I will have the three years and pay by the installments next year and the year after. Happy days.

If you paid up front for this season be prepared to find out that on your application there is no option of the paying up front with a 10% reduction (even though there is a flyer about it)

So anyone who bailed them out last season when they were desperate to get some pennies in the bank doesn't get the option of saving themselves £150+ now...idiots!

Mine's down by £50, so I am happy. I paid for this year's by direct debit, so am just going to say that I will have the three years and pay by the installments next year and the year after. Happy days.

They want to take the payments for the 2nd and 3rd season between February and November

If you paid up front for this season be prepared to find out that on your application there is no option of the paying up front with a 10% reduction (even though there is a flyer about it)

So anyone who bailed them out last season when they were desperate to get some pennies in the bank doesn't get the option of saving themselves £150+ now...idiots!

I paid up front for next season (already avoiding the increase, and getting cup games for nowt), and got the opportunity to buy the next two and save 10%.

I paid up front for next season (already avoiding the increase, and getting cup games for nowt), and got the opportunity to buy the next two and save 10%.

I only have an option of paying £988 on a 2 year prize freeze extension payment plan.  No option for a discounted one off payment??

I only have an option of paying £988 on a 2 year prize freeze extension payment plan.  No option for a discounted one off payment??

I thought the price freeze was the discount. The price difference is about 10%

Guest DavB93

Still haven't got my renewal yet so just a quick question, if you go for the monthly payment for the next three years does it tell you on the application how much it's going to be?

Is it just a month payment that comes out of your account for the next three years, I paid monthly installments last season for season coming up...if this makes sense.

I thought the price freeze was the discount. The price difference is about 10%

The price freeze is for the 3 year plan, but should be a further 10% if you are willing to pay the lump sum so should be £888

As Crumpy posted earlier...

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE -Single Payment £1334 (£444)

3 YEAR PRICE FREEZE - Payment Plan £1482 (£494 - same as last season)

08/09 Season Ticket £543

I'm not sure he has cleared the debts, merely shoved them in a Topco.  Though we won't know that for definite till the Topco formed files its first set of accounts.

Though I do believe it is indeed part of some plan around either re-financing, maybe cash out as you say or something else. 

Maybe that's cynical but the longer it goes without seeing any real cash being spent, the more cynical I'm getting about Ashley's motives.

They'll be at SJHL level, a massive shareholder loan (tax-friendly) which is then on-loaned to NUFC to pay off the creditors. Simple cash management from Ashley's point of view.

I don't understand why the club are so keen to get money now. I could maybe understand the season up front last summer, but three seasons is too long. I'm not sure what the underlying motive is, but I wouldn't say it says much for the club's confident to retain custom two years down the line- in which case what are they planning that will upset so many people that they want committment now?

It's all speculation at this stage but I'd far rather retain the option to renew or not and pay a few extra quid for the privilege.

If this was double glazing, would you do it?

I don't understand why the club are so keen to get money now. I could maybe understand the season up front last summer, but three seasons is too long. I'm not sure what the underlying motive is, but I wouldn't say it says much for the club's confident to retain custom two years down the line- in which case what are they planning that will upset so many people that they want committment now?

Very good points. Unless they genuinely see regular prices increasing dramatically over the next three years, and therefore feel fans will see it as a good offer, I can't see why they want to do it either. It's puzzling, and worrying.

Guest Heneage

So hang on wheres the new Away end? right behind the goal? That could be a nightmare for that sections stewards, thank fuck i'm gallowgate. Be for TV i imagine?

I've always had high hopes for Ashley & friends, but if you were not going to spend any money over the next 2 or 3 years it would be a good idea to get people to sign up now for 3 years, before the disillusionment set in.

I'm sure he never had any dastardly intentions, but maybe the sheer weight of money required to bring the team up to the fans expectations is going to prove a bridge too far.

Will be interesting to see how this transfer window goes. For a football club that has delivered a whole barge-full of dirge lately though it's asking for a good leap of faith from its fans with this one.

I've always had high hopes for Ashley & friends, but if you were not going to spend any money over the next 2 or 3 years it would be a good idea to get people to sign up now for 3 years, before the disillusionment set in.

I'm sure he never had any dastardly intentions, but maybe the sheer weight of money required to bring the team up to the fans expectations is going to prove a bridge too far.

Will be interesting to see how this transfer window goes. For a football club that has delivered a whole barge-full of dirge lately though it's asking for a good leap of faith from its fans with this one.

don't say it too loud but this is honestly a major reason i thought we'd see a big move in the market early in the summer - splash 15m+ on a good player and convince people it's worth parting with their money, that we MIGHT NOT just have the usual shite to watch again next season

not to do so leads inevitably to the conclusion that NE5 suggests, that the people in charge now haven't a scooby about football in the slightest

They'll be at SJHL level, a massive shareholder loan (tax-friendly) which is then on-loaned to NUFC to pay off the creditors. Simple cash management from Ashley's point of view.

It's all speculation at this stage but I'd far rather retain the option to renew or not and pay a few extra quid for the privilege.

If this was double glazing, would you do it?

Indeed they will be in SJHL, which while I agree with you makes sense from a finanical perspective is in contrast to the messages and general media bellowing that Ashley has 'paid' off the debts, when in reality he hasn't, merely moved them within the group.

The cynic in me is thinking that Ashley is looking to 'lock' in the future income as much as possible in order to do a re-financing/cashout or even start to dress the business up for sale (though the best way to do that would be to get some success on the pitch!), but re-financing at this time would be madness so I have to admit its puzzling and as Dave says, somewhat worrying.

Any business is always trying to get money in up front - that's what season tickets are for in the first place. That's just good business, sadly it's the customers that have to pay up.

At the same time, if you're getting a discount and can afford it, that 3 year deal seems alright. I just hope the ground isn't full of you 3-year high rollers when I eventually manage to move home and get a ticket!

I think you are looking for something that isn't there.

Everything we have heard says that he paid 245mil buying the club and paying off the debt, I would imagine that by now we would know if he had taken out loans to buy the club.

Look at Manure and Liverpool, it is well publicised that the owners took out loans to buy the clubs, where as with Us, Man City and Villa it has always been stated that the buyers used there own money.