Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Guest icemanblue

Just spoke to one of my Liverpool mates on the phone, amongst other things he's quoted a figure of £2.2 million.

Like what? :D

- Most Liverpool supporters agree he will never be good enough to be a starting player in their team.

- He said that he thinks it would have been better to send him out on loan for another season, rather than sell him.

- Apparently, Guthrie wants to leave the club, rather than try and earn a first-team place and in May, wanted to join Bolton.

Say whaaaat?  ???

we seem to be building a team of workman. wouldnt be surprised if we got rid of martins owen beye etc, so we had no flair or creativity. doesnt a midfield of guthrie butt geremi milner just inspire you to extreme lengths  ??? ???.

Yes, that's exactly what I'd expect of Kevin Keegan.

Just spoke to one of my Liverpool mates on the phone, amongst other things he's quoted a figure of £2.2 million.

- Most Liverpool supporters agree he will never be good enough to be a starting player in their team. - Opinion of others

- He said that he thinks it would have been better to send him out on loan for another season, rather than sell him. - My mate's opinion

- Apparently, Guthrie wants to leave the club, rather than try and earn a first-team place and in May, wanted to join Bolton.

Say whaaaat?  ???

- Most Liverpool supporters agree he will never be good enough to be a starting player in their team.

- He said that he thinks it would have been better to send him out on loan for another season, rather than sell him.

Say whaaaat?  ???

Assume he means he's not good enough to start (no surprise, with Gerrard et al there), but good enough to be cover.

Guest Mcdonald36

And another one done on the down-low, no press until the deal's done, makes the fans nervous but very professional.

Not exactly the type of signings that are going to cause mass media intrusion are they?

I was extremely shocked when i saw this on Setanta news today!

Not because hes a world beater, there was just no inclination from the press or w/e it could happen

we seem to be building a team of workman. wouldnt be surprised if we got rid of martins owen beye etc, so we had no flair or creativity. doesnt a midfield of guthrie butt geremi milner just inspire you to extreme lengths  ??? ???.

Yes, that's exactly what I'd expect of Kevin Keegan.

I agree with Morgster. Why doesn't Keegan play the flair players such as N'Zogbia, like Allardyce did?!!!!?!?!?!?!one!!!?1?

And another one done on the down-low, no press until the deal's done, makes the fans nervous but very professional.

Not exactly the type of signings that are going to cause mass media intrusion are they?

Fair point I suppose, we'll have to see what the next couple are like... but still think it looks positive so far.

Irrelevant, i've seen us linked with some shite so far this summer. I've only seen Guthrie mentioned twice, once by Bolton and once by Liverpool about an hour ago.

we seem to be building a team of workman. wouldnt be surprised if we got rid of martins owen beye etc, so we had no flair or creativity. doesnt a midfield of guthrie butt geremi milner just inspire you to extreme lengths  ??? ???. What i find especially strange about this though is that he wants 1st team football. Now here is someone i dont rate above geremi so i dont understand why we would be buying him. i cant see who he gets a game ahead of. i would personally rather bring lualua and JG into the frame rather than buy such an avergae player. seems a wasted squad player to me when we have guys with potentail coming through.

Lets not slit our wrists just yet. Think of it in this light:

a) He's not cost us 6M

b) He isn't going to be on 60k pw

c) Odds are he would bang away at least one goal if we give him 33 tries at it next season

d) He probably won't pick up 50 cards next season

So we really are improving on our transfer work last year

Guest shaun11177

His position is central midfield, basically in a 442 a back up for Barton,saw him play a few times for Southampton and he looks to be high Championship/low premiership level about the same as Shola.

We need far better quality than this.

we seem to be building a team of workman. wouldnt be surprised if we got rid of martins owen beye etc, so we had no flair or creativity. doesnt a midfield of guthrie butt geremi milner just inspire you to extreme lengths  ??? ???. What i find especially strange about this though is that he wants 1st team football. Now here is someone i dont rate above geremi so i dont understand why we would be buying him. i cant see who he gets a game ahead of. i would personally rather bring lualua and JG into the frame rather than buy such an avergae player. seems a wasted squad player to me when we have guys with potentail coming through.

:lol:

I can't believe some people aren't happy with this.

2m is nowt these days, and we've got a capable premier league player for it.

He's young, plenty of scope for improvement, and to say he's only workmanlike is laughable.

Reading the Liverpool forums, most of their supporters are absolutely livid with it as they thought he could've been on their bench (remembering theres 7 on it next year) next season and had a back-up role to play.

Now, if he's good enough for back-up for Liverpool, he's certainly good enough as a squad player for us.

Great bit of business.