Sunday Gossip....

Guest johnson293

Guest Heneage

But at what expense. It's further detracts from Internationals. He'd play for Scotland if they paid more. He just seems a right twat. Blackburn took a real punt on him, he has one really good season and he wants off. What happens if Spurs or us buy him. He has another good season say even better than this one, and Madrid have a look at him. Off again?

I'm not disagreeing he seems a twat, just saying the decision to turn down the U21s turned out alright considering he followed it with a fantastic season which has resulted in him being lined up for a move to a bigger club and didn't affect his selection for the full England squad anyway.

Bentleys u21 snub turned out ok for him because no one had the bottle to ostracise him. instead he was included in the next england squad.great message to all those that work hard and act professional, throw and tantrum and get what you want.

He didn't throw a tantrum did he? He said IIRC that it was for sporting and fitness reasons, i.e. he wanted to be fresh and ready for Blackburn's season.

Still not saying it was the right thing to do, your country calls on you and I can see why some people think you should automatically do your footballing duty to them but I can see his point.

£6m for Lennon is a decent price.

If KK doesn't rate Given then we should look at a straight swap, personally i don't think we should give up on Shay the amount the lad had done for us over the years.

Bentleys u21 snub turned out ok for him because no one had the bottle to ostracise him. instead he was included in the next england squad.great message to all those that work hard and act professional, throw and tantrum and get what you want.

He was excluded from the immediately following squad.

Ignoring the fact that you've re-written what actually happened, do you think he made the wrong choice?  In terms of his value & the way his career has developed, I mean?

If KK doesn't rate Given then we should look at a straight swap, personally i don't think we should give up on Shay the amount the lad had done for us over the years.

it would be a shame but we'd have to if he wasn't going to return to what he was.

it would be a shame but we'd have to if he wasn't going to return to what he was.

That's it like, its a tough one to call and i couldn't do it. There's a chance its downhill from no on with injuries and sporadic form, or this is just a blip which he'll grow mentally stronger and help him peak, because he's still 1-2 years away from that. (average)

U21 matches are completely pointless though, theres nothing wrong with Bentley choosing to put the club first in that situation.

And him being a twat is probably why he's a good player - he has the confidence to try things on the ball, which results in good end product.

Guest Heneage

Think it is hilarious when people say they wouldn't take him if we had the chance though, just because he's been involved in a little bit of controversy in the past.

Thats not why I don't want him. Its be cause I question his loyalty and subequent attitude, would he be here when its hit the fan, and would he stick around if clubs came sniffing imo No.

Think it is hilarious when people say they wouldn't take him if we had the chance though, just because he's been involved in a little bit of controversy in the past.

Thats not why I don't want him. Its be cause I question his loyalty and subequent attitude, would he be here when its hit the fan, and would he stick around if clubs came sniffing imo No.

Are we in a position where any player would stick around if the top clubs came sniffing? No.

At least if they came it'd mean the player was doing well, and that only benefits us.

So you'd rather not get a quality player in because he might want to move on in a couple of seasons?

Football is about taking risks. If he were to join us, which I certainly don't think he will, we'd improve as a team even if just for the short-term if loyalty issues did occur. I can't believe you or anyone would just straight up not want him now because he MIGHT do something in the future.

Guest paddy

he's just an English version of Craig Bellend, Blackburn fans think he's a twat and I KNOW how much of a shitebag he is, just a prick with a big head