blind optimism

womblemaster

does this mean arsenal have droppedoutof arshavin hunt??

AM deluded into thinking it leaves us in pole position.  Unless ofcourse manuor chelski suddenly jumpin(

SOmeone at sjp needs topull their finger out FAST!

What will be, will be on this one. Every major football club in Europe is fully aware of Arshavin and will have made a decision on whether they want him and how much they are prepared to bid. We're not going to be able to steal a march on anyone by acting quickly.

I can't believe that there isn't at least one Champions League club interested and able to fork out the right money. We need to look elsewhere.

And incidentally, I'd be astonished if Abramovich wasn't extremely keen to bring Arshavin to Chelsea and prepared to outbid anyone to make it happen.

Does this really deserve a thread of its own .

Yes because it becomes tiring and monotonous of reading through threads which are thousands of posts long. Also, we are likely to be someting like 8th in the pecking order now behind the top four, barcelona, spurs and city. They can offer european football which is the devcisive thing. However, money can sometimes be a huge attraction but it appears we have an owner hell-bent on not buying over 21's with wages anything over thirty grand-a-week.

Guest thommo78

Does this really deserve a thread of its own .

Yes because it becomes tiring and monotonous of reading through threads which are thousands of posts long. Also, we are likely to be someting like 8th in the pecking order now behind the top four, barcelona, spurs and city. They can offer european football which is the devcisive thing. However, money can sometimes be a huge attraction but it appears we have an owner hell-bent on not buying over 21's with wages anything over thirty grand-a-week.

Thats what is conerning about the new "blue print"! Its not exactly a revelation to say we want young players that appreciate in value, I think most clubs pursue that tactic albeit to varying degrees. What concerns me is that some of the best players the premiership and us have ever seen were not young..bergkamp/zola/cantona/beardsley etc etc. What we should be looking at is a balance of youth plus experience. People who can guide the youngsters and give them belief and drive and also provide the spark and quality that is desperatly lacking in our squad. The market is very sluggish at present but there is also a lack of quality to choose from in my opinion, especially at the bracket we find ourselves in. i'd love this guy at SJP but I just don't see it happening!!