Which kids will make it to the "big school"

Guest Heneage

The problem I think we will have is the Championship is becoming less skillful and more physical ever year, just look at Hull and Stoke (Bristol City as well) last season. That really doesn't suit a player like Kazenga or any other youngster who isn't quite fully physically developed yet.

Doesn't seem to have done Frasier Campbell any harm mind.

And its exactly what Andy Carroll needs..we don't want him to turn into another Peter Crouch..

The problem I think we will have is the Championship is becoming less skillful and more physical ever year, just look at Hull and Stoke (Bristol City as well) last season. That really doesn't suit a player like Kazenga or any other youngster who isn't quite fully physically developed yet.

Doesn't seem to have done Frasier Campbell any harm mind.

You've hit the nail on the head their. Frazier Campbell has done well but he is 20 and those 2 years older than our youngsters will mean he is much more fully developed physically and more able to withstand the physical nature of the Championship.

Zamblera's probably going to be class, not that i've ever seen him mind. But he's Italian and jhas got a Z in his name, so he's obviously going to be good.

(In all seriousness, didn't we actually pay a fair fee for the guy, as in £2/3m? You'd hope he's got something about him if we're paying that for total youngsters.)

All the young foreign & non local lads should stay at Newcastle United. The senior reserves like Carroll & Edgar need  1st team games elsewhere, a Championship or League 1 club would be okay for Edgar. As for Carroll he is a popular young player so if goes on loan anywhere in this country he will end up on the lash somewhere, I would look to send him abroad.

I think the reserves defence picked up with Tozer & Kadar,  while goalscoring went up dramatically with Carroll as the focus of attack. So I reckon them 3 but Carroll has got to be playing against men now as he is too strong for reserve centre halfs now.

Guest Heneage

Zamblera's probably going to be class, not that i've ever seen him mind. But he's Italian and jhas got a Z in his name, so he's obviously going to be good.

(In all seriousness, didn't we actually pay a fair fee for the guy, as in £2/3m? You'd hope he's got something about him if we're paying that for total youngsters.)

£300k buthe reallly looks something special.

Never liked Troisi always thought he was just pace.

Edgar seems highly rated, Id like him to get a loan for a promoted team.

I thought he lacked pace tbh.

Guest 22bnw

It has annoyed me so much the past few years that we have hardly sent any youngsters out on loan - the new owners do seem keen on it (Allardyce sent some out) which is good. I think we should send Edgar, Carroll and LuaLua out to League One teams for a whole season - sometimes the Championship just isn't quite right for a player at that age. Example is David Wheater - only played in League 1 on loan and is now established in the Premier League.