Newcastle TV

Skirge

Are there any plans for us to have a proper TV channel like Chelski, Man Ure, Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers? would be nice to be able to watch our reserve games live and have other stuff on throughout the day.

Guest Gh0StFaC3

We as a football club dont do enough to warrant a channel on TV.

If we were a regualr champions league side, aye maybe.

Success doesn't warrant a TV channel... fan base does.

If we have enough fans willing to pay the necessary fee for such a service, then it's warranted & a worthwhile venture for the owner.

I believe we're hovering around that level of fan-base.  Would LOVE IT if it eventuated.

Would be nice to offer a channel with a discount for season ticket holders, it would be a great earner for the club too. I cannot see a downside of a having a TV channel.

It wouldnt be a great earner. I doubt MUTV even makes anything when you take into account rights for games and fees for commentators, presenters etc with a paying audience of about 10 people.

The point i was trying

We as a football club dont do enough to warrant a channel on TV.

If we were a regualr champions league side, aye maybe.

That makes no sense.  If you have enough viewers for the channel to make a profit you deserve one.

Ok then,

Lets have a NUFC channel, what we going to show on it?

Who will watch it?

Would we have a TV fan base, the likes of man u , rangers, celtic, chelsea and liverpool have.  Answer would be no.

We aren't competeting enough at the top end of the leage to draw in all the johnny come latelys.

So you'd have maybe a few hardcore followers, thats it.

The Toon fans on a whole are loyal and mad fkers that love anything Toon, you think plenty would not sign up ya crazy, of course a lot would depend on price but I think it would great.

As for what would be shown, Live Reserve games, Live Interviews, old classic matches Prem highlights. Its like any of the other clubs channels run 24/7 and nor would ours.

There are thousands of fans that cannot afford to go to the match that would love the channel, plemty cannot afford sky sports and Setanta every month but having a choice of a NUFC channel would be a great pleasure for them.

Would be great. Show all NUFC matches, interviews and latest news from training etc. The channel does´t have to run 24/7. I am absolutely sure we have enough fans willing to by this. How can Chelsea have it?

Would by it immediately like everything else :angel:

Would be great. Show all NUFC matches, interviews and latest news from training etc. The channel does´t have to run 24/7. I am absolutely sure we have enough fans willing to by this. How can Chelsea have it?

Exactly mate..

Guest neesy111

biggest joke of an idea ever, theres no fucking need for a TV channel, we have enough football and nufc in the media as it is

Would only be able to show non-competitive matches because of the TV deals. Basically it would be a glorified version of NUFC World but with phone-in shows on in the evening. Not sure if we'd be replying old games as MUTV do but some other clubs don't. 

Would it not be nice to have NUFC in the media but a station that is controlled by the club, all the other club channels show highlights pf Prem games and live reserve games so why cannot we?

Would only be able to show non-competitive matches because of the TV deals. Basically it would be a glorified version of NUFC World but with phone-in shows on in the evening. Not sure if we'd be replying old games as MUTV do but some other clubs don't. 

I would assume that, I´m afraid. Still think it would be a great idea.

Guest justin99.

biggest joke of an idea ever, theres no f***ing need for a TV channel, we have enough football and nufc in the media as it is

I prefer my Newcastle news without the underlying tone of destroying the club and depressing it's fans.

Guest Scouseman

Up until we did a deal with Sentanta, Liverpool always said that it would be run at a loss, as Manures and Chelseas was.

Whatever the deal Sentanta gave must have been worth while because Liverpools official site showed most of what you could get on a TV channel anyway, but no live games except the odd pre-season.

The channel has been mostly a success for fans with some excellent docs, interviews with present and past players as well as phone ins where difficult subjects are allowed to be aired (everyone thought it would be censored because of the hostility towards the yanks)

The best part though is ALL the reserve matches live, pre-season friendlys and recorded youth games.  Well worth the subscription fee for these games alone, especially as we won the reserve league last season.

I had the displeasure of sitting in a Chelsea bar before the match at Stamford Bridge last season watching Chelsea TV's build up to the game.

I can honestly say it was pure shite, horrible, unprofessional and generally cringworthy to watch. 

That is the only bespoke tv channel I have seen for a football club but, if that is the standard of the journalism and reporting I would be tempted to give it a wide berth.