Who can Keegan improve the most?

Dave

See I don't think milners pace is the problem. Its the way he cuts back on himself to much and his passing needs working on. Keegan probably needs to work on crossing and movement with him and the rest of the wingers also though.

would agree with that, if KK can get him to simply beat his man or make a yard of space (which he has more than enough ability to do) and whip a cross in first time then he'll look a different player

on the wider question from Dave i think martins will be crucial to the team next season, KK will have obviously noticed (more than likely made him do it) how much damage his pace was doing in stretching teams...if we get a more dynamic midfield that can catch up with him we'll be laughing, something i reckon could be key to us next season - we need a playmaker obviously but i really think we need someone who can get up and down with pace, barton can do it but he looks like he's wearing lead boots he's so slow

smith and duff are the two players you'd have to say are a total and utter disgrace and i just can't see KK being able to improve them THAT much, that's why i want shot of them...everyone else that played regularly under him last season improved to some degree anyway so with renewed confidence i'd expect it to continue across the board

Well Smith has the most improving to do, so I'm tempted to say him.

However in all seriousness I'd hope N'Zogbia improves a lot. He's got a lot to offer and if Keegan can get him running at men down the left flank then I think he could achieve what we all suspect he's capable of. Mind you, a lot depends on how he is mentally.

Martins is another one who Keegan will hopefully get good things from.

But I must admit, I don't see Keegan turning average players into great players. What he does is get teams playing a certain way, and the reason that I've picked out Martins and N'Zogbia is that I think that Keegan's way of playing will suit them and they'll play well, rather than that Keegan will turn them into better players.

I just don't see how the Keegan factor can make as much of a difference to the current playing staff as we need to make in order to re-establish ourselves as European contenders, season after season.

If the current players can't be arsed to play at their absolute limits, to the very best of their potential, week in week out, when they are earning more in a week than many of us will ever do in a year, then you have to wonder exactly what magic fairy dust it is that we're expecting Keegan to sprinkle over them to turn them into world class players.

Not even he can polish a turd. And he's inherited a rancid sewerful, tbh.

I was one of those terrible eternal Emre optimists, and was looking forward to KK finally getting some performances out of him. But then I accepted that he was probably going to be shite forever so I'm glad we got rid.

I have no idea why people keep saying Milner. Potential.... WHERE? If you honestly ask yourselves this question, the answer will be yours:

Would Milner get a game in any EPL side if he was not British?

I'm glad that we've sorted that out and we can all stop talking about Milner now. Sell him off to CCC or League 1, it will be less cruel in the long run. He's embarrassing himself now asking for an improved contract. Needs to be put out of his misery.

For me definately Oba has huge room to improve. He has buckets of pace, self belief and shooting power. If you can fine tune that a bit he could be top drawer (doesn't matter that he's dumb, Shearer and Bellamy never struck me as being Nobel Physics prize candidates but they managed to put one or two goals away). I think Oba is massively overrated by many, but he certainely has potential.

Damien Duff.  :coolsmiley:

Damien Duff.

His problems have all been physical and mental, and I think that Keegan can work wonders in those areas.

We'll see, but yeah...fingers crossed. :coolsmiley: