Well done the Villa fans !

Guest Phil K

Guest DazzaNufc1892

the lad has done nothing wrong. I don't get it, if you wanted to move to a bigger and better job, you wouldnt have customers booing you as you continue to work. Fact is Barry has the chance to develop himself and move on to bigger and better things, why cant fans realise football is a job, if they wish to move on, then they wish to move on, simple

If it was just a job he wouldn't be getting insane wages for pissing about with a ball nor would he get the adulation of fans in the first place.  Sorry but bollocks is it just a job..  As for doing nothing wrong, pushing so hard for a transfer and disrespecting fans and manager alike in the process is something very wrong to people who have given you so much support.

Fine if he just sees it as a job and has no respect for the club or its fans, but also fine if the fans then tell him to take a flying leap.. yes?

The whole argument falls down in the fact that, why should a player show loyalty, to just be sold? Look at becks as the prime example, cried when he had to leave man u, much like gillespie did, much like in any other profession. they are employees who they can get rid of when and how they see fit, the guy wants to move on to better places, and if he didn't want to go, but liverpool had come in with 20mil, i can guarantee villa would have accepted it and barry would have been left looking like a tit. As for the money aspect, they get alot yes, but that isnt their fault, i mean, you wouldnt turn it down, and the love of the fans, thats a bullshit argument, do you honestly think people care if the fans like them or not? thats like saying you care if a guy you meet at work likes you or not, you dont know them, as far as i am concerned, and i think alot of other people are concerned in life, u cudnt give a fuck about people who arent really involved in your life.

the lad has done nothing wrong. I don't get it, if you wanted to move to a bigger and better job, you wouldnt have customers booing you as you continue to work. Fact is Barry has the chance to develop himself and move on to bigger and better things, why cant fans realise football is a job, if they wish to move on, then they wish to move on, simple

If it was just a job he wouldn't be getting insane wages for pissing about with a ball nor would he get the adulation of fans in the first place.  Sorry but bollocks is it just a job..  As for doing nothing wrong, pushing so hard for a transfer and disrespecting fans and manager alike in the process is something very wrong to people who have given you so much support.

Fine if he just sees it as a job and has no respect for the club or its fans, but also fine if the fans then tell him to take a flying leap.. yes?

The whole argument falls down in the fact that, why should a player show loyalty, to just be sold? Look at becks as the prime example, cried when he had to leave man u, much like gillespie did, much like in any other profession. they are employees who they can get rid of when and how they see fit, the guy wants to move on to better places, and if he didn't want to go, but liverpool had come in with 20mil, i can guarantee villa would have accepted it and barry would have been left looking like a tit. As for the money aspect, they get alot yes, but that isnt their fault, i mean, you wouldnt turn it down, and the love of the fans, thats a bullshit argument, do you honestly think people care if the fans like them or not? thats like saying you care if a guy you meet at work likes you or not, you dont know them, as far as i am concerned, and i think alot of other people are concerned in life, u cudnt give a f*** about people who arent really involved in your life.

Not really, he'd be playing for a superior club in the champions league. He'd be flattered and moving onto better things, but this way he's tried to engineer a move but not gone to the extent of handing in a transfer request so he can get his loyalty bonus. It's pathetic.

The only difference here is that he wants to call the shots.

He's overrated whatever the case may be. Don't see what he's going to do at Liverpool - Mascherano and Gerrard are both better, actually would rather have Alonso in my team than him anyway. Think he's got far too much hype after some steady, nothing more than that, performances for England.

Think Barry is getting poor treatment here in all respect.

He has learnt his trade and played for nothing more than an average club for ten years. Finally gained the recognition he deserved and established himself in the England team at the peak of his career, then the next sensible step is to improve his club position and play at a higher level i.e. challenge for the premiership title and champions league. I hope he does get to Liverpool and he will deserve it.

Totally agree with this to be honest. Great servant for the club, said he'd give it a couple of seasons when O'Neill was appointed and did so. Now he wants the chance to play at the highest club level which is totally fair enough and Villa just can't get there. Feel sorry for the fans, but they have to realise sometimes players need to go up in their career, much like we did with Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley back in the day.

Just shows how much football has changed over the years that returning players struggle to get warm welcomes when the come back.

He has learnt his trade and played for nothing more than an average club for ten years. Finally gained the recognition he deserved and established himself in the England team at the peak of his career, then the next sensible step is to improve his club position and play at a higher level i.e. challenge for the premiership title and champions league. I hope he does get to Liverpool and he will deserve it.

Totally agree with this to be honest. Great servant for the club, said he'd give it a couple of seasons when O'Neill was appointed and did so. Now he wants the chance to play at the highest club level which is totally fair enough and Villa just can't get there. Feel sorry for the fans, but they have to realise sometimes players need to go up in their career, much like we did with Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley back in the day.

Just shows how much football has changed over the years that returning players struggle to get warm welcomes when the come back.

The sentiments are correct but the way he's going about it, is not. You don't go mouthing off to the Screws of the World, like a spoilt little brat, wanting the world to feel sorry for you and critcising your boss.

But I do agree that he's given a nothing club like Villa tremendous service and is within his rights to want to better himself.

Guest Phil K

The whole argument falls down in the fact that, why should a player show loyalty, to just be sold?

Utter tripe.

You may have just missed the fact THEY ARE PAID TO DO A JOB.

Paid MASSIVELY. OBSCENELY.

They sign a CONTRACT to get these ludicrously high wages.

Too many seem to think even THAT's too much.

The sentiments are correct but the way he's going about it, is not. You don't go mouthing off to the Screws of the World, like a spoilt little brat, wanting the world to feel sorry for you and critcising your boss.

But I do agree that he's given a nothing club like Villa tremendous service and is within his rights to want to better himself.

You do realise they've won the European Cup don't you?  ???

Well booing a player because they love him and now he wants to leave is stupid, all they have done if shot themselves in the foot because now he will do all he can to get away. MON is desperate to keep him at Villa, I understand they are pissed off with him but its not helped MON.

Most Villa fans want him to leave tbh. In fact, MON isn't even that bothered - he just wants to get a huge fee for him.

the thing is, that he could go on a free end of the season, so 18 million is far too much

He's got two years left on his contract

You're a very, very silly man indeed, mate.

I'm in my late 30s and have been supporting us since I was 5. In that time I've seen us win one European Cup, one league title, one European Super Cup, and four league cups.

Your turn.

Guest nufc_geordie

I will also agree with those comments. I see your point that he shouldn't have gone about it in the way he has and in effect he has tried to manufacture the move. however, I see this transfer in a totally different light to the Ronaldo affair. Ronaldo isn't moving to be more successful, he won the European cup last season, can't get much better, it's a greed motivated move. Barry on the other hand is trying to be the best he can and unfortunately for Villa they have been a stepping stone to that. All fairness to O'Neill he has tried to get the best deal for the club but they have to let Barry go, he isn't being unreasonable in asking to go.

I'm in my late 30s and have been supporting us since I was 5. In that time I've seen us win one European Cup, one league title, one European Super Cup, and four league cups.

Your turn.

What a tit.

Your turn.

What a tit.

Absolutely. So when exactly did Villa win those things, was Barry still playing at left back then ? I don't know how he can deny that Villa have not been a nothing club during Barry's time. And for the record we are well on the way to nothingness ourselves over the last few seasons.

Brummie just let his halo slip a little there methinks. He should be thankful he's not posting some other club's boards, we are very tolerant of other clubs fans here.

Your turn.

How many trophies have Liverpool won in the same time?

As much as I hate Liverpool, if it was a choice of Villa or them, I'd join them every time. Guaranteed top 4 finish every year, and a real push at trying to win the league. Villa have no chance of that I'm afraid.

Your turn.

As much as I hate Liverpool, if it was a choice of Villa or them, I'd join them every time. Guaranteed top 4 finish every year, and a real push at trying to win the league. Villa have no chance of that I'm afraid.

Wow Gol, you're spot on mate. :)

Guest shearer_united

Some fans take things too personally. In the end, Barry is just a player and is being paid to play.

Its not like the club "owns" him. Besides, its for his future's sake anyway.

Your turn.

:lol::lol::lol:

I suppose if they say that enough times other people will start to believe it.

Your turn.

I'm not passing comment on his desire to go to Liverpool, or on Liverpool's history in the same time.

I'm passing comment on that tit afar's description of Villa as a "nothing club".

He's said a few times he has a problem with me being here, and he's doing it specifically to wind me up, get me to react and get me banned.

I've pointed out the irony of him describing Villa as a "nothing club". If calling him a tit gets me banned, then fair enough, he's won.

And here we go once again - Afar, you're a tit. A brainless, witless tit, in fact.

Right, I've calmed down a bit now, so on to Barry.

I wasn't there last night, but I know a few people who were there. The general consensus was that 40 percent booed him at the start, 40 percent clapped him, and 20 percent did nothing.

The booing totally stopped towards the end of his shift when he'd played a few good passes, and you could see he was geeing up the kids (it was practically a youth team) he was playing with.

My take on Barry is that he's a very good player I'd prefer to keep. My take on the loyalty thing is that his agents have been hawking him around since the end of last year. In fact, he was widely considered to be on his way to Chelsea until relatively recently.

He's been with us 10 years, but those years include a decent spell of time where he hardly got a look in. He also asked to leave twice before, incidentally.

MON persuaded him to stay, said he'd get him in the England team. We called for him to get the call up for a long, long time. Then he does, and lo and behold, MON was right, he got it, and is practically a regular.

So what happens then? He demands his move the first chance he gets, slags the manager off in the press, throws his toys out of the pram and acts like a primadonna.

Can any of you say you'd really feel any different if he were a Newcastle player acting like that? I don't think you would. Not even Afar.

There's been very little surprising about the whole affair, really. He wants to go, he can go. But he goes on our terms. SOme people arent happy about it, some are less bothered.

Simple as that, really.

I don't get it, if you wanted to move to a bigger and better job, you wouldnt have customers booing you as you continue to work. Fact is Barry has the chance to develop himself and move on to bigger and better things, why cant fans realise football is a job, if they wish to move on, then they wish to move on, simple

If you think being a footballer is the same as most jobs  your in Gagagagagagagag land. I know I would not get a 2 page spread in the NOTW   slagging off my current boss because he is doing a bit of extra work on the side when he should be offering me more wonga, say I would love to work for a rival firm because they do a lot more work in European glamor spots while at the same time I have not put my notice in.

When Barry puts a transfer request in then he can be taken seriously.

Thanks, Spence, I forgot about that bit. That sticks in my craw. "This is my dream move, don't deny me it", well ask for a transfer, you money grabbing twat, or isn't it really your dream?

Footballers all over, that.

Guest elbee909

Right, I've calmed down a bit now, so on to Barry.

I wasn't there last night, but I know a few people who were there. The general consensus was that 40 percent booed him at the start, 40 percent clapped him, and 20 percent did nothing.

The booing totally stopped towards the end of his shift when he'd played a few good passes, and you could see he was geeing up the kids (it was practically a youth team) he was playing with.

My take on Barry is that he's a very good player I'd prefer to keep. My take on the loyalty thing is that his agents have been hawking him around since the end of last year. In fact, he was widely considered to be on his way to Chelsea until relatively recently.

He's been with us 10 years, but those years include a decent spell of time where he hardly got a look in. He also asked to leave twice before, incidentally.

MON persuaded him to stay, said he'd get him in the England team. We called for him to get the call up for a long, long time. Then he does, and lo and behold, MON was right, he got it, and is practically a regular.

So what happens then? He demands his move the first chance he gets, slags the manager off in the press, throws his toys out of the pram and acts like a primadonna.

Can any of you say you'd really feel any different if he were a Newcastle player acting like that? I don't think you would. Not even Afar.

There's been very little surprising about the whole affair, really. He wants to go, he can go. But he goes on our terms. SOme people arent happy about it, some are less bothered.

Simple as that, really.

Perhaps he should have a word with Terry McDermot.  I'm sure he knows just how Barry feels.

Thanks, Spence, I forgot about that bit. That sticks in my craw. "This is my dream move, don't deny me it", well ask for a transfer, you money grabbing t***, or isn't it really your dream?

Ronaldo, Barry & Lampard all of them have indicated they want out but not one of them has the stones to ask to leave because they will lose hundreds of thousands of £££'s.

Look at us last year soft cock Barton did not ask to leave Man City but he had release clause of £5.5 million which we stumped up & then he asked Man City for the £300K he was due as he did not ask to leave. Of course Man City told him to do one & Newcastle end up paying Citeh £5.8 million to get him & City then passed the £300K on to JB. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

Thanks, Spence, I forgot about that bit. That sticks in my craw. "This is my dream move, don't deny me it", well ask for a transfer, you money grabbing t***, or isn't it really your dream?

Ronaldo, Barry & Lampard all of them have indicated they want out but not one of them has the stones to ask to leave because they will lose hundreds of thousands of £££'s.

Look at us last year soft cock Barton did not ask to leave Man City but he had release clause of £5.5 million which we stumped up & then he asked Man City for the £300K he was due as he did not ask to leave. Of course Man City told him to do one & Newcastle end up paying Citeh £5.8 million to get him & City then passed the £300K on to JB. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

Dug his heels in and got it in the end though didn't he?  :rolleyes:

Just not right. Why can't a player just be honest and say "Thanks for having me here, it's been a pleasure but I want a move. I need a fresh challenge."