Keegan on transfers

Guest hindu times

who is everyone wanting to see as that creative playmaker then? i say f*** it and gan for arshavin but i feel ashley may not fancy that due to his market value. I'd try and get Inler as well and we'd be class.

I'd also go for Arshavin, I wouldn't mind watching him every week.

who is everyone wanting to see as that creative playmaker then? i say f*** it and gan for arshavin but i feel ashley may not fancy that due to his market value. I'd try and get Inler as well and we'd be class.

I'd also go for Arshavin, I wouldn't mind watching him every week.

for how much ?

ps i'm not too sure he'd cut it over here and doesn't have much time to acclimatise due to his age.

for how much ?

ps i'm not too sure he'd cut it over here and doesn't have much time to acclimatise due to his age.

I think he's probably worth between £15million and £20 million in todays market where Liverpool pay over £20 million for Keane who is 28.

for how much ?

I think he's probably worth between £15million and £20 million in todays market where Liverpool pay over £20 million for Keane who is 28.

keane is sproven in this league though (even then i think they've overpaid)

I know Keane is proven but what I've seen of Arshavin tells me that he'll walk this league and will do more than Keane.

I know Keane is proven but what I've seen of Arshavin tells me that he'll walk this league and will do more than Keane.

we'll have to disagree on that.

we'll have to disagree on that.

Why do you doubt his ability to adjust?

younger players adapt quicker and i've watched a good but of the russian league this last year (rubin kazam have cost me quite a bit) and the style is very different and nowhere near as rugged as the western european leagues.

I doubt Ashvarin would come here.  He will stay at his own club or hold out for a club with European football I reckon.

Also I question his talent working in this league in relation to the risk in cost for fee and wages.  No doubt the media reported demands are inflated a bit, but it still seems a lot.  Yes he had some good games at the Euro's and for his club last season, but given his age I wonder where he has been before last season to not get any attention from scouts.

If he was £10m and £50k a week I'd say go for it, but if its £15m+ and £70k a week I'd say the risk against cost is a bit high for us.  

Inler seems a better option as he is cheaper and 3 years younger.

younger players adapt quicker and i've watched a good but of the russian league this last year (rubin kazam have cost me quite a bit) and the style is very different and nowhere near as rugged as the western european leagues.

I've only seen Arshavin in the UEFA and Euro 2008 and he looked like somebody who didn't need to adapt.

I've only seen Arshavin in the UEFA and Euro 2008 and he looked like somebody who didn't need to adapt.

same could be said about Shevchenko tbf...

we'l disagree till we find out then.

That's true but it happens with players from all nations including our own, some work and some don't, it's a gamble.

yuran,rebrov,that left back the chron said we'd signed from kiev but went to arsenal and failed.. their style of football is different to anything in the west. i'm struggling to think of a russian/ukranian who has made it in england.

That's true but it happens with players from all nations including our own, some work and some don't, it's a gamble.

yuran,rebrov,that left back the chron said we'd signed from kiev but went to arsenal and failed.. their style of football is different to anything in the west. i'm struggling to think of a russian/ukranian who has made it in england.

Alexey Smertin is the only player I can think of that has stayed in the Premiership for a bit.

Alexey Smertin is the only player I can think of that has stayed in the Premiership for a bit.

never really lived up to his billing did he. and he'd played in france for while previous didn't he.

arshavin is undoubtedly a good and at 22/23 may have been worth the risk but at anything round £15milll it's a massive risk that even the big boys don't seem to want to take on.

'At least two, possibly three'

Said again tonight. Hopefully with Colo it's the latter.

i'd think we need 2, ideally 3 more on top of Coloccini. if it is just him and one more, i'll be a bit disappointed, especially if the other player is a back-up full-back. so hopefully after this, we're now looking at players further up the pitch.

of course we could do with a substitute for Enrique but it's not a priority and we can probably wing it till January in that position.

'At least two, possibly three'

Said again tonight. Hopefully with Colo it's the latter.

i'd think we need 2, ideally 3 more on top of Coloccini. if it is just him and one more, i'll be a bit disappointed, especially if the other player is a back-up full-back. so hopefully after this, we're now looking at players further up the pitch.

of course we could do with a substitute for Enrique but it's not a priority and we can probably wing it till January in that position.

My thoughts exactly, unfortunately the pessimist inside me tells me, it's colo and a squad player, hopeful but not confident something comes off with a attack minded player.