Barton Charged by FA for Dabo Incident

Guest neesy111

Guest Geordiesned

Regardless of what you think of Barton I don't think the FA should be getting involved in this. Barton has already been dealt with by the law courts and they have given him his sentence.

The FA are apparently comparing this (according to The Journal) with Ben Thatcher's forearm smash on Pedro Mendes which broke his cheekbone. Thatcher was given an 8 match ban for that. The 2 big differences for me though are that was on the pitch and Thatcher was not charged by the police. Barton's assault did not take part in a game so surely is a club matter (it was up to Man City to fine him) and he's already been dealt with for the crime through the Legal Justice System. Yes they only gave him a suspended sentence but would the FA be looking at giving him a ban if he'd received a custodial sentence? I think not.

I can't see how anything other than a fine can be fair. To ban him, which is probably likely, will only punish us, and he wasn't even with us when the incident occured. Is it really a punishment to ban a player for say six weeks, when he will still be getting paid by his club?

Guest Geordiesned

I can't see how anything other than a fine can be fair. To ban him, which is probably likely, will only punish us, and he wasn't even with us when the incident occured. Is it really a punishment to ban a player for say six weeks, when he will still be getting paid by his club?

Spot on. Unfortunately the suits at the FA are too stupid to realise that.

Guest neesy111

i can see the club taking this to court tbh

he's already been sentenced from the courts, how come a player can be punished by the law and then the FA is beyond me

If the club knew about the possibility of a ban from the FA when they signed Barton then they cant do anything.

I suspect however that if the FA did not make it known they were making this decision that the club will challlenge it legally.

Daily Mail talking about a ten game ban. Like those fuckers would know.

The Mirror and the Sun are both talking about a 15 match ban, though neither have ever been tied to conservative journalism.  A season long ban would be their preferred option tbh.

amusing me this now, pretty amazing none of us considered it was a possibility

as for "how can the fa do this when he's been tried by the courts?" i'm kind of amused by this too

i stand to be corrected but in registering as a professional footballer in this (and presumably every other) country do you not sign up to the rules and regulations of the game that i'd imagine includes a code of conduct?  they're all members of the football association, right? 

so if one member is proven to have physically assaulted another (he admitted guilt) are they not just upholding the laws of their own organistion - i'd expect they'd be able to do the same had barton kicked his teeth in in a nightclub or wherever

if a pro tennis player beat another tennis player to fuck on the practice courts then i'd expect the PTA (?) to impose sanctions on them, same for golf or whatever

i'm well aware this reads like bullshit before anyone starts, but i think i might be right

Guest neesy111

as for "how can the fa do this when he's been tried by the courts?" i'm kind of amused by this too

i stand to be corrected but in registering as a professional footballer in this (and presumably every other) country do you not sign up to the rules and regulations of the game that i'd imagine includes a code of conduct?  they're all members of the football association, right? 

so if one member is proven to have physically assaulted another (he admitted guilt) are they not just upholding the laws of their own organistion - i'd expect they'd be able to do the same had barton kicked his teeth in in a nightclub or wherever

if a pro tennis player beat another tennis player to fuck on the practice courts then i'd expect the PTA (?) to impose sanctions on them, same for golf or whatever

i'm well aware this reads like bullshit before anyone starts, but i think i might be right

the fact is though, he did this in training, under man city's control, not on a actual professional football game

remember when shearer knocked out gillespie in dublin, nothing happened with that, this is total double standards from the FA and the club will take this as high as they can go, and they should

the fact is though, he did this in training, under man city's control, not on a actual professional football game

remember when shearer knocked out gillespie in dublin, nothing happened with that, this is total double standards from the FA and the club will take this as high as they can go, and they should

aye but that shearer/gillespie thing, like a million and one football "rumours" that we know are fact never made it to such a degree of publicity and/or court

if shearer had ended up in court and been found guilty, or perhaps even been caught on camera, then i'd expect the FA to have acted

there's no "proof" in the shearer/gillespie case - in bartons case the whole man city team testified against him and he plead guilty in a court of law, how could they not act?  dabo will pay membership fees to them and as a member could reasonably expect the FA to take action against another member in this scenario

Guest neesy111

aye but that shearer/gillespie thing, like a million and one football "rumours" that we know are fact never made it to such a degree of publicity and/or court

if shearer had ended up in court and been found guilty, or perhaps even been caught on camera, then i'd expect the FA to have acted

there's no "proof" in the shearer/gillespie case - in bartons case the whole man city team testified against him and he plead guilty in a court of law, how could they not act?  dabo will pay membership fees to them and as a member could reasonably expect the FA to take action against another member in this scenario

there was proof in that case, did you not see gillespie's eye after it, and it was common knowledge that it did happen

there was proof in that case, did you not see gillespie's eye after it, and it was common knowledge that it did happen

i don't remember that actually but you're missing the point: incidents happen in training grounds, pitches, dressing rooms etc... every day in the world of professional football, so much so the FA would do nothing but chase down the perpetrators

they're like any other establishment organisation, they'll ignore what they can and act when not doing so will make them look bad

Guest neesy111

i don't remember that actually but you're missing the point: incidents happen in training grounds, pitches, dressing rooms etc... every day in the world of professional football, so much so the FA would do nothing but chase down the perpetrators

they're like any other establishment organisation, they'll ignore what they can and act when not doing so will make them look bad

the club can just go and say, what about these incidents, total double standards by the FA, no doubt if this a top 4 club this wouldn't have happened

granted it's from wiki but:

"In accordance with the Football Association's wishes, Manchester United suspended Cantona for the remaining three months of the 1994–95 season, but the suspension was later increased by the FA to a nine-month ban from world football"

don't see what difference the fact it's a live match or not makes given the reasons i've listed above

Guest hodsgod

Did John Hartson get done for booted Eyal Berkovic in the face? If not, nothing should come of this (in theory).

Blatant PR move from the FA btw.

100% correct the F.A. has set a precedent now. Any other decision would be victimisation.