Barton Charged by FA for Dabo Incident

Guest neesy111

I think this is ridiculous, if anything why didn't they deal with it earlier on, like when it happened for starters.

It's like the Rio Ferdinand drugs trial thing all over again where he carried on playing for about 7 months before it was even mentioned about him missing the test nevermind getting his ban, they're too slow to deal with problems and always have been.

Guest guinness_fiend

As long as the suspention takes place that the bweginning of the season I'm not too fussed. It's not likly that he'll be anywhere near match fit by then. Of course if they go crazy and give him a 12 match suspension or something then I'll change my mind.

Ditto.  At the very least, a three match ban from day one of the season will give him a chance to get match fit before (possibly) rejoining the starting eleven.

Guest Mucky01

I can’t see why everyone is surprised:

he pleaded not guilty to the charge,

it went to court so the FA had to wait for the outcome,

he then pleaded guilty at the last moment,

it happened at the training ground to another player (so it’s within the FA’s agenda),

he’s just out of prison so they now make immediate action.

Cantona got punished by the courts and the FA, so what’s the fuss about now, just frustration that we were stupid enough to make a “cowardly thug” a multi millionaire and shame our club? Have ago at Fat Sam and Barton not the FA.

Why wait 15 months?  This is pathetic.  Time to move on. 

Apparently while it is being dealt with by the law courts the F.A cannot get involved so i am lead to believe and it took so long to go to court that this is why it is so far down the line and we get all the shit while Citeh dont get involved because its not there player anymore because our ex manager wanted the stupid fucker to play for us  :angry: :banghead:

Why wait 15 months?  This is pathetic.  Time to move on. 

Apparently while it is being dealt with by the law courts the F.A cannot get involved so i am lead to believe and it took so long to go to court that this is why it is so far down the line and we get all the s*** while Citeh dont get involved because its not there player anymore because our ex manager wanted the stupid fucker to play for us  :angry: :banghead:

Yeah, apparently it would have been seen as "influencing the jury", ie, if the FA were punishing him then it would influence them to say he was guilty, which isn't allowed.

Guest microbar

Newcastle should have sacked him, now the fa are going to ban him for at least 6 month.

I wouldnt care if they banned the scum for life shame on newcastle.

Guest albert

FA not biased by the courts therefore Rednapp not getting the England job had nothing to do with his legal issues - f""" me I am pretty sure they f______ him off well before the police took no further action - hypocrites and im not sticking up for JB but people do a lot worse and get far less of a sentance

i'm awaiting getting shot down in flames !!!!

I have no time for the FA, but in this case, they are correct - had they brought a case against Barton BEFORE

his trials, they could have been labelled as 'influencing' any Legal decision ; this way, they are taking action AFTER the Legal proceedings have taken place.

Sorry, but Barton has asked for all he has received, and I DON'T think he has been badly-treated by the Courts - if anything, he has got off lightly...

IMO the F.A. will make an example of him. Potential season ban lurks in the pipeline, and this would just about render him untouchable ander the provision that we sack him.

He would present as a major gamble for any other club to bring him on board in the future. His football career hangs in the balance imo.

Guest TinoInHiding

hm, potentially facing a third of the season now with butt, geremi, guthrie & SMITH as our CM's....then probably the next 10 games while barton gets match fit/pace after his ban

Let's look on the bright side - maybe this development will finally instill a sense of urgency upon Messrs Ashley & Wise to get some players in ASAP to strengthen the midfield...

hm, potentially facing a third of the season now with butt, geremi, guthrie & SMITH as our CM's....then probably the next 10 games while barton gets match fit/pace after his ban

Let's look on the bright side - maybe this development will finally instill a sense of urgency upon Messrs Ashley & Wise to get some players in ASAP to strengthen the midfield...

don't see it myself, reckon they'll take a "we'll get by" attitude or even appeal the inevitable ban so he can play until it's resolved

so far the current ownership don't strike me as the type see any benefit in signing a player when they've got a 6m one sitting about getting paid for nothing

hope i'm wrong though

A bit different I know, but did John Hartson get banned for booting someone in the face back in his West Ham days. Did the FA even intervene. The Barton attack on Dabo was more serious fair enough, but I do think that the FA are jumping on the bandwagon with this one. A ban is deserved IMO but the 10-15 game ban being touted around is silly, to me its just the FA saying "look at us on the moral high ground".

Guest johnson293

A bit different I know, but did John Hartson get banned for booting someone in the face back in his West Ham days. Did the FA even intervene. The Barton attack on Dabo was more serious fair enough, but I do think that the FA are jumping on the bandwagon with this one. A ban is deserved IMO but the 10-15 game ban being touted around is silly, to me its just the FA saying "look at us on the moral high ground".

According to this article in The Times, Hartson was handed a 3 match ban and £20k fine from the FA, for kicking Berkovic in the head, on camera.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4439624.ece