Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

cacapa is injured though isnt he

is he? dunno

---------------Given

--------Beye--Colo---Tayl

Edgar--------------------------Enr

--------Guthrie-------Butt

----Jonas--------------Zoggy

--------------Martins

is he? dunno

---------------Given

--------------Martins

Just the addition of Edgar to a formation makes me cringe and go into the fetal position.

is he? dunno

---------------Given

--------------Martins

Just the addition of Edgar to a formation makes me cringe and go into the fetal position.

Shows how thin we are for defenders, I was going to put Geremi there but Edgar has much more pace and to be fair to him he can cross the ball too.

Football Pundit (guru) Lawrenson with his finger on the pulse.. (aka The Tiresome Twaddler)

Manchester United v Newcastle

(Kick-off 1600 BST)

Man Utd v Newcastle

I feel very sorry for Kevin Keegan at Newcastle. I'd like to know who is bringing the players in and what is going on behind the scenes.

They are short of strikers, and the place you do not want to be going without firepower is Manchester United.

I will be watching Cristiano Ronaldo closely this season. If his mind is just 10% at Real Madrid, then he won't be the same player as he was last season.

He is not involved on Sunday, but I do not expect that to stop United winning.

---------------

And a Keegan interview from the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7551173.stm

Guest Geordie_Paul

I think personally he will play Duffers just behind the front man as follows. Wouldn't be too bad a team if he did i don't think.

Given

Taylor    Colo

Beye                        Enrique

Guthrie  Butt

Jonas                      Zoggy                       

Duff

Martins

Guest geordienorway

Given

Beye - Coloccini - Taylor - Enrique

Milner - Butt - Guthrie - Jonas

Duff

Martins

Given

Duff

Martins

I will be flabbergasted if the team is anything other than this. I honestly don't think Keegan will pick anyone else.

And considering who is out, and the likelihood of another player or two coming in, we're not in too bad a position. That team isn't going to win the league (or at Old Trafford), but we won't get battered and we'll have quality to come into the side.

Guest Mucky01

Given

Duff

Martins

agreed with that line-up, normally I would say that Butt and Guthrie would be the weakest links but with a return to ManUre for Butt and Guthrie up for it on his debut, I’m thinking we may stop the normal trouncing?

Guest optimistic nit

the thing about blackburn at home is it would be a really bad game to lose first up.

they were a rival last season, its a game you should win (you are at home) and theyve had a really bad transfer window, so if you do lose it will be a really bad loss.

we know what we will need to do against manure, i am looking forward to it.

Pisser of a fixture to start the season with.

I'm worried about Blackburn at home, I'd be a nervous wreck if it was Man Utd away.

You'll beat Blackburn. I'm certain they'll fall apart this year, not convinced by Ince one bit.

Guest optimistic nit

i think ince could be a success, but he could be a massive failure. the club overall is a mess though imo.

Guest geordienorway

I think Guthrie can become handy in this match because he has played in a team which focuses on defending (Bolton). I therefore think he is much more suited to play a game like this in central midfield than Zog. Don't get me wrong, I hope we attack, and I'm sure KK will, but it is a good thing to have players who can defend in midfield (Guthrie, Butt, Jonas).

I'm worried about Blackburn at home, I'd be a nervous wreck if it was Man Utd away.

What's the worst that can happen? We lose the game? At least the defeat won't come at a time in the season when we're on a good run.

I'll be nervous next weekend, when we've got Bolton at home - a game which we should win. This week though, i feel just the same as i do every time we go away to Man Utd, "meh". We'll lose so i'm looking forward to just getting it out of the way. Our aggregate scoreline there since we've been in the EPL is 33-8 to them. And out of a possible 81 points, we've picked up 6 - since our last victory there. Yes, it's Man Utd - but it's a fucking rotten bogey ground for us. I see this as just a chance to get some more players match fit.

I'll be nervous next weekend, when we've got Bolton at home - a game which we should win. This week though, i feel just the same as i do every time we go away to Man Utd, "meh". We'll lose so i'm looking forward to just getting it out of the way. Our aggregate scoreline there since we've been in the EPL is 33-8 to them. And out of a possible 81 points, we've picked up 6 - since our last victory there. Yes, it's Man Utd - but it's a f***ing rotten bogey ground for us. I see this as just a chance to get some more players match fit.

Yeah, I'd be a lot more nervous if we were up against Bolton at home first.

But the thing, you have expectations for certain games (Travelling to Stoke, we'll expect a win. At home against the Mackems, we'll expect to win)

Against Man U, we don't expect to get anything, so anything we do get will be a bonus and will lift everyone.

But it won't be the end of the world if we perform poorly because what do you expect, they're the Champions.

But the thing, you have expectations for certain games (Travelling to Stoke, we'll expect a win. At home against the Mackems, we'll expect to win)

Against Man U, we don't expect to get anything, so anything we do get will be a bonus and will lift everyone.

But it won't be the end of the world if we perform poorly because what do you expect, they're the Champions.

Yep. I'll dance through the streets of TNS if we get a draw. (Sorry, just excited about watching Stelling again for the first time in months :D)

It's all very well to not expect a win - I just want the match reports to use words like "resolute" and "gallant" rather than "shambolic" and "insipid"...

If KK wants to keep him that's fine by me. Like Taylor though, his performances have to back up that judgement this season.

That is a very fair assessment. Taylor and Milner are subject to both vitriolic ridicule and slavish adoration here. They are both of a certain standard, say average-good Premiership players with the potential to develop into England internationals, or stagnate.

Conversely, both have been at the club some time, and need to repay the faith the club has shown them with consistently improved performances...

Raconteur's vocabulary upgrade has been a joy to read this morning. :razz: