Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

From his myspace

Quote from: Young Nile on the Myspace on Today at 14:40:47

igghttt mannns 15 init but im on disss ting trusss dnt fink coz ive made a wifey riddim intro mannns not on dis ting coz dat aint the case but i try stay out of as much trouble as i can coz gud boiiis live rude boiiis die dats the sayin i always grew up wid but yh skip dat. mannns tryin to take footy serious coz i wanna make sum pea f**k the street ting its really long 4 me might shubz it off now and again u see it but yh if u wanna kno where i play its upfront dutty striker about 4 goals a game minimum maximum 7or 8 one of dem but my weakness is most definatly girls and my 2nd weakness is losing i flippin hate losing but i hardly lose at anything coz im a big bumbaclart duppy mannnnnnn but yh im gona update dis sh*t wen i get the hang off it.but u aint heard the last of me sho sho 4 now Laughing Laughing

Sounds like a cunt

Well worth a bump and another read (from page 1).

The culture shock will hit him once he fades out of football at 21 and can't get a job due to no experience and qualifications in the 'real world'.

Unless he gets a serious injury thats not going to be happen. He has his wage until the end of 2015/2016 at least.

Typo - meant 31, but still more fool us for offering him such a long deal.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've said it before but it's a huge indictment of English football that players with Ranger's footballing ability are considered 'talents'. In Spain he'd be scrubbing a filthy toilet at McDonalds.

Physical attributes = £££ (innit, bruv).

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I've said it before but it's a huge indictment of English football that players with Ranger's footballing ability are considered 'talents'. In Spain he'd be scrubbing a filthy toilet at McDonalds.

:lol: :thup:

I think it's a huge indictment of your attitude that you're writing off a promising-looking youngster after only a handful of appearances alongside Peter Lovenkrands.

(Everyone in Spain isn't Barcelona BTW)

I think it's a huge indictment of your attitude that you're writing off a promising-looking youngster after only a handful of appearances alongside Peter Lovenkrands.

I'm not writing him off. This is England, is it not?

Physical attributes = £££ (innit, bruv).

So true to an extent, unfortunately. The more I watch it the difference to the players that come through in South America compared to here is absolutely ridiculous.

Guest Howaythetoon

This.

Regarding training, if you are outrageously talented, i.e. Romario, you can take training lightly, when you have nothing bit a bit of strength and pace to your game you need more than 24 hours in the day to make the cut never mind an extra hour or so. Honestly from what I see and hear the kid seems a waste of a Toon shirt number. Get rid. He doesn't even have the raw talent for this level man. As Ronaldo says in Spain they wouldn't even give him a ball out of kindness. Pisses me off no end that the likes of Ranger is considered a talent, being paid thousands and gets the odd game for a PL club. That's the state of our game though and just as much our club when the likes of him are considered footballers. League 1 at best.

So you don't think he'll make it, he's not a talent but you're not writing him off?

I don't think anyone thinks Ranger is the English Messi, but he has a chance to be a good player if he knuckles down a bit (which it seems he isn't I admit).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://a619.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/87/l_57b89ccccc521c2d589777d9d030d66a.gif

Any teenager feeling obliged to make tons of gifs of himself and post them on his myspace seems a bit sucidal to me.

:lol:

So you don't think he'll make it, he's not a talent but you're not writing him off?

I think he has a chance of making it in this country, but I do resent the fact that we sometimes seem to look for athletes first, footballers second over here. And Ranger is certainly an example of that.

This.

Regarding training, if you are outrageously talented, i.e. Romario, you can take training lightly, when you have nothing bit a bit of strength and pace to your game you need more than 24 hours in the day to make the cut never mind an extra hour or so. Honestly from what I see and hear the kid seems a waste of a Toon shirt number. Get rid. He doesn't even have the raw talent for this level man. As Ronaldo says in Spain they wouldn't even give him a ball out of kindness. Pisses me off no end that the likes of Ranger is considered a talent, being paid thousands and gets the odd game for a PL club. That's the state of our game though and just as much our club when the likes of him are considered footballers. League 1 at best.

He might get somewhere, but he needs to shift focus. Redknapp was imo spot on when he said that too many clubs are tying their talents down on long term contracts. Obviously they're afraid of losing them on a free transfer. But the truth is that very few of them will make the cut. The result is of course that the clubs sit on a bundle of unmotivated, unskilled young players on quite decent long term contracts.  Imo, it was not a wise move giving Ranger a 5,5 year contract, especially when we consider his attitude problems. Putting him on a shorter contract could have kept him on a tighter leash. Now on the other hand, we given away the one good hand we could use against him if he continues to ill-behave.  

Can't understand his shit attitude, should be massively grateful to be where he is after the shit that went on when he was daarn saarf.

:sadnod:

Especially when he was given the contract.

He blatantly knows that our shit squad depth basically means he'll be involved with the first team even if he's lazy.

Fingers crossed we strengthen in the summer, meaning he has to either go out on loan or realise that only graft gets you in the first 18.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The 'miss' against Wolves, in what was basically an open goal was shocking too. Keepers out of the box, no real covering defenders on the line. It ended up looking like a deep cross to the edge of the area. Really disappointed with that.

Honestly that miss against West Ham :lol: If I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

The more I see it, the worse it gets.

Imagine if it was 0-0 or we were getting beat at the time. :lol:

:lol:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dbw587.jpg

Honestly man :lol:

While the man shows a tendency towards arrogance in the social aspects of his life, he is clearly not confident at all on the football pitch. I feel sorry for him, really. He needs to gain it, but I worry that he is too confident in the other aspects of life to accept help from his peers.

While the man shows a tendency towards arrogance in the social aspects of his life, he is clearly not confident at all on the football pitch. I feel sorry for him, really. He needs to gain it, but I worry that he is too confident in the other aspects of life to accept help from his peers.

You might have hit the nail on the head there Baba, as usual.

I think it's always difficult for a striker to get confidence at first, playing in short cameos here and there. Especially if the first few chances don't go in for you.

Hopefully he'll learn the humility to allow him to get his head down, work, and accept help from coaches and senior players.