Nile Ranger

stozo

I'm sure as a percentage of his salary it's less than I'd get as a fixed penalty notice for calling someone a faggot down the Bigg Market in earshot of some coppers.

How much is he on?  Work that out as a percentage, apply that to your wage and see if it sounds so outrageous.

I'm sure as a percentage of his salary it's less than I'd get as a fixed penalty notice for calling someone a faggot down the Bigg Market in earshot of some coppers.

Why the fuck would the dibble waste their time giving you a fixed penalty for hearing you call your mate a faggot???

Could certainly get done for a public order offence.

But at any rate, I think any person in their right mind would expect to be in trouble at work if they started openly calling one of their mates a faggot in front of customers.

When he's posting stuff on Twitter, he's not just talking to his mate. He's broadcasting his comments to the world; as a bare minimum 32,000 people could easily see it. Don't you think there's therefore a decent chance someone could find it offensive and make a complaint? That's all the FA have judged on.

He deserves the fine purely for being completely brainless tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

He's in the public eye, he's representing a club and a sport whether he likes it or not. If he sent it as a private message then fair enough, but it was there for everyone to see and its an offensive, derogatory term for a homosexual. Whether you agree with the punishment or not (fwiw I do) it was always going to happen. He's a fucking cunt either way, so that its happening to him is a bonus.

NR should take this to european court.  what right do the Fa have to tell someone how to think? 

WHat exactly gives them the right to judge players in their own time?  Footballers are not civil servants, they are private employees of private companies.

imo the Fa is interfering with players rights to express their own opinion.  It doesnt matter if that opinion is unpleasant.(to some)

Guest Craig-NUFC

NR should take this to european court.  what right do the Fa have to tell someone how to think? 

WHat exactly gives them the right to judge players in their own time?  Footballers are not civil servants, they are private employees of private companies.

imo the Fa is interfering with players rights to express their own opinion.  It doesnt matter if that opinion is unpleasant.(to some)

So the impending charges on Terry should be dropped and Suarez should be given an apology for the FA interfering with his views?

So the impending charges on Terry should be dropped and Suarez should be given an apology for the FA interfering with his views?

Terry and Suarez incident happened in a FA organized match as far as i know.

I can get sacked for saying what i think aqbout the company i work for on a public forum.

It is homophobia only in the sense that the ways in which the vast majority of young men interact around the world is homophobia. Most of us have probably challenged someone's manhood (jokingly or aggressively) using terms for homosexuals or women. He is a fool for using any offensive term in public given how sensitive everyone has become about generally anything. It is not surprising that the players fined for this are younger, and generally more immature, it is stupidity more than any genuine hate.

Finding it difficult to wrap my head around how homophobia is 'banter'

So you never called someone a puff when they've done something soft or can't hold their drink for example?

Give over man, it's an absolute nonsense that he's been fined £6K for this.

Finding it difficult to wrap my head around how homophobia is 'banter'

Never used 'gay' or 'fag' as an insult to a mate then?

It's used all the time like tbf. It's gay as f*** that it is, but that's the way the football world is. On the other hand, the puffs have every right to complain, if they don't it wont ever get kicked out of society/football.

Is calling someone a fag really banter? I would never call one of my friends a faggot for so many reasons. Nile is a professional football player, there's every right for him to be punished for using a slur on a public medium.

Is calling someone a fag really banter? I would never call one of my friends a faggot for so many reasons. Nile is a professional football player, there's every right for him to be punished for using a slur on a public medium.

I call one of my best mates (who is gay) a faggot and back door burglar all the time. Just like he teabags my pint when I'm at the toilet. It's banter, to be fair.

He's a complete fucking moron for saying it in a public forum, and the banter is far from world class, but it's not even close to being worth a fine. He's just being made an example of, in an attempt to dissuade the more public football twitterers, one assumes.

It's pointless making an example of Nile Ranger too. Everyone knows he is a t***, and he isn't the best of footballers. They just feel like publically making him look the t*** he is.

He's a complete fucking moron for saying it in a public forum, and the banter is far from world class, but it's not even close to being worth a fine. He's just being made an example of, in an attempt to dissuade the more public football twitterers, one assumes.

If he's being made an example of it's because he used a homophobic slur, not because he's on twitter. That word has no place in society.