For me its 5 players who contribute little and sap our resources:

Barton 60k

Smith 60k

Geremi 60k

Duff 70k

Viduka 70k

Thats 320k per week or 16 million a year

£16000000 per year for that lot

No arguments from me. How long have they all got left on their contracts?

Barton 60k

Smith 60k

Geremi 60k

Duff 70k

Viduka 70k

No arguments from me. How long have they all got left on their contracts?

Barton 06/2012

Smith 06/2012

Geremi 06/2010

Duff 06/2011

Viduka 06/2009

Guest optimistic nit

i think those wages for barton and geremi are widely exadurated, and you could knock a bit of viduka as well, and maybe duff and smith.

still too much money, but no way are we paying those guys that much.

Guest sicko2ndbest

i think those wages for barton and geremi are widely exadurated, and you could knock a bit of viduka as well, and maybe duff and smith.

i was being conservative

Guest optimistic nit

i was being conservative

you were exadurating.

Guest alankhaw

Barton's a good player and has been given a final chance. Lay off him. I know he's made mistakes in the past and are back to haunt him now but he isn't one of the problems. The other's are though however

Barton 60k

Smith 60k

Geremi 60k

Duff 70k

Viduka 70k

Agree apart from Viduka - came on a free and was key in the 433 formation last season. Didnt he play with an injury until we were safe?

Barton's a good player and has been given a final chance. Lay off him. I know he's made mistakes in the past and are back to haunt him now but he isn't one of the problems. The other's are though however

So the fact he has been here over a year and cost the club close to £10m with him giving us fuck all in return isn't a problem? He has been given another chance(unfortunately) and he has alot of ground to make up, especially with me as i've never rated him highly.

The biggest problem is a lack of quality in depth.

I deleted that. It was a bit childish.

Around these parts that's what we call doing a Role Model. ;)

Has he not put in an appearance yet? Quite surprised if not.

What? :lol:

The biggest problem is a lack of quality in depth.

I deleted that. It was a bit childish.

Around these parts that's what we call doing a Role Model. ;)

Has he not put in an appearance yet? Quite surprised if not.

What? :lol:

Not you man :lol:

Should have quoted the post Dave deleted :lol:

Guest alankhaw

So the fact he has been here over a year and cost the club close to £10m with him giving us fuck all in return isn't a problem? He has been given another chance(unfortunately) and he has alot of ground to make up, especially with me as i've never rated him highly.

He's been not bad on the field compared to the other 4 and with this being his last chance I know for sure he'll take it and play even better. We may even see the Barton of old and even more. Believe in the lad. So many players have failed at our club because we don't give them a chance or enough time. Barton has his problems off the field and is thus affecting him on it. With these hopefully gone forever he can focus on his football.

So the fact he has been here over a year and cost the club close to £10m with him giving us f*** all in return isn't a problem? He has been given another chance(unfortunately) and he has alot of ground to make up, especially with me as i've never rated him highly.

He's been not bad on the field compared to the other 4 and with this being his last chance I know for sure he'll take it and play even better. We may even see the Barton of old and even more. Believe in the lad. So many players have failed at our club because we don't give them a chance or enough time. Barton has his problems off the field and is thus affecting him on it. With these hopefully gone forever he can focus on his football.

I would say Viduka has been FAR better on the field, and Geremi has atleast got a bunch of assists to his name. No i won't believe in him, i can't because i simply don't rate him, as a footballer or a person.

Guest elbee909

Who are you, his wife?  Absolutely no chance of putting faith in someone that prone to violence; he's obviously not right in the head.  I'll applaud anyone who scores a goal for NUFC but to ask for people to 'believe in the lad' - well, you go your way and I'll go mine.