Charles N'Zogbia Is ---

Skirge

NOT LEAVING!!

Now where have I heard that before..

Keegan insists N'Zogbia is staying at St James's

KEVIN KEEGAN has assured Newcastle United fans that Charles N’Zogbia will not be following James Milner out of the door at St James’s Park

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/30/keegan-insists-n-zogbia-is-staying-at-st-james-s-72703-21638110/

Guest LucaAltieri

If we sign a left back in the next few days then I'd loan N'Zogbia out until January - somewhere he would get plenty of first team football. He isn't going to get in the team ahead of Jonas (or probably even Duff) and through the middle he's got plenty of competition too.

He needs a run of games somewhere to see if he's improved enough to start ahead of the likes of Duff, Barton, etc.

If he does well elsewhere it would also increase his value so next time he does throw a strop we'll still be able to get a decent wedge out of any transfer.

If we sign a left back in the next few days then I'd loan N'Zogbia out until January - somewhere he would get plenty of first team football. He isn't going to get in the team ahead of Jonas (or probably even Duff) and through the middle he's got plenty of competition too.

He needs a run of games somewhere to see if he's improved enough to start ahead of the likes of Duff, Barton, etc.

If he does well elsewhere it would also increase his value so next time he does throw a strop we'll still be able to get a decent wedge out of any transfer.

Sounds like KK was impressed with N'Zogbia on the left against Coventry, so he might get a run there with Jonas on the right?

Sounds like KK was impressed with N'Zogbia on the left against Coventry, so he might get a run there with Jonas on the right?

Just what I was thinking, with Milner now gone, Jonas will play RW, Zog will play LW and Enrique LB.

Blessing in disguise imo.

Guest LucaAltieri

Worth a punt.

I've not seen a lot of Jonas on the right. In pre-season he did switch flanks from time to time but I don't remember him producing much on the right.

We'll see, anyway.

We're short on numbers as it is, the idea of loaning out one of our better players doesn't make any sense to me.

Guest LucaAltieri

We're short on numbers as it is, the idea of loaning out one of our better players doesn't make any sense to me.

You're probably right, but it does seem like we've had trouble squeezing him into the side at all recently.

If we'd been starting Enrique would N'Zogbia have had much of a look-in?

Charlie has to play left and Jonas right, it's the only combination we've got left.

Aye.

Although the type of winger Jonas is I think he's best suited to out on the left as he looks more dangerous cutting infield.

Charlie has to play left and Jonas right, it's the only combination we've got left.

Aye.

Although the type of winger Jonas is I think he's best suited to out on the left as he looks more dangerous cutting infield.

Agreed we need a really good RW now and a striker and central midfielder. Arshavian and Zigic would do me nicely for starters. We need to flog and replace Smith, Duff, Cacapa, Shlola and Viduka too if poss.