Mike Ashley and David O'Leary

Nobby

The Ashley pint-necking/ shudder clip was cringe inducing. Just put a suit on and sit in the directors box man!

what was that like?

Camera focused on Ashley just after half time necking half a pint and then shuddering.

Did Ashley ask for the camera to focus on him at that exact point in time?

It just makes us look mickey mouse in my opinion.

I couldnt agree more i cringe with total embarrasment evry time i see fat mike in his shirt with king kev on the back, FFS be a bit professional put a suit on and sit in the directors box, you would get a lot more respect from people that way, i dont see any other figurehead from any club going on the way this turnip does..i get the impression he was a right loser and billy no mates as a child and now he has money he thinks he can make up for it..the mans a joke and its making our club look a joke too, the sad thing about it is our moronic element of supporters thinks its great...once was a publicity stunt but everytime come on its laughable

Guest Coubury
FFS be a bit professional put a suit on and sit in the directors box,

Why should he? he can do what he likes.i dont have a problem with it, and you shouldnt either. hes a bif football fan and would rather sit in the stands with the fans just right instead of being formal and stuck in a box,

I couldnt agree more i cringe with total embarrasment evry time i see fat mike in his shirt with king kev on the back, FFS be a bit professional put a suit on and sit in the directors box, you would get a lot more respect from people that way, i dont see any other figurehead from any club going on the way this turnip does..i get the impression he was a right loser and billy no mates as a child and now he has money he thinks he can make up for it..the mans a joke and its making our club look a joke too, the sad thing about it is our moronic element of supporters thinks its great...once was a publicity stunt but everytime come on its laughable

Quite possibly the worst post I've read on here.

The Ashley pint-necking/ shudder clip was cringe inducing. Just put a suit on and sit in the directors box man!

why? It was quality, he was just doing what everyone else would do, he didn't know the cameras where on him....

Or doing it because he knows that the cameras are constantly on him in any football ground (as they were from the first minute today) because it would make him look like 'one of the lads'.

Guest optimistic nit

i personally think its just as moronic to think that because he has money he's got to sit in the directors box with a suit and a tie and act proffessional, infact infinitely more so.

if you like doing that then thats fine, but if you would rather stand with the fans with a replica shirt on that's fine as well. i couldn't care less if we look unproffesional, as long as we are proffesional or if ashley looks unrespectable, as long as he is respectable. as said the last lot wore a suit and a tie and looked like a bunch of untrained monkeys.

poor guy should get a medal sitting in the away end with 2 days left in the transfer window, in fact he should be knighted.

personally i think you must be one sad boring fucker to get so worked up about a chairman wearing a replica shirt instead of a fucking suit or tie :lol: (see, i can make unqualified and probably incorrect statements based on no evidence as well).

Explain to me how putting a suit on gains you respect?

He's not exactly got his tits out, and his shoes off.

Fair play to the bloke, he put his coin in for the club, he can do what the majority of Newcastle fans do themselves (or should I say 'football' fans do themselves) if he wants.

why? It was quality, he was just doing what everyone else would do, he didn't know the cameras where on him....

Or doing it because he knows that the cameras are constantly on him in any football ground (as they were from the first minute today) because it would make him look like 'one of the lads'.

Again, so what? its his club, he's paid 250 odd million to do what the fuck he wants and to not conform to convention. Good luck to him!

Some of you are incredibly cynical, and happy to attack the man for anything and everything, even if it's enjoyable things that you probably do yourself at the match. Why do you care so much about what is the percieved norm, about what is typical and about what other people in his position do? Why should he sit in the director's box, wearing a suit, separated from the fans just because pathetically sensitive fans like yourself don't like him doing what he wants which he is perfectly entitled to do after putting so much money into the club?

Guest optimistic nit

Some of you are incredibly cynical, and happy to attack the man for anything and everything, even if it's enjoyable things that you probably do yourself at the match. Why do you care so much about what is the norm, about what is typical and about what other people in his position do? Why should he sit in the director's box, wearing a suit, separated from the fans just because pathetically sensitive fans like yourself don't like him doing what he wants which he is perfectly entitled to do after putting so much money into the club?

i have to say, i was slightly cynical myself at the start about this possibly being a PR move, but he's still doing it now, so that theory is out of the window as far as i am concerned. as far as spider's theory goes, thats sitting on the edge of wrong side of crazy. essentially anything ashley does outside is, by that logic, a PR stunt :lol:

Roman Abramavich has put his coin in as you say more than anyone at any club, but do you see him going on like it..ever see him in a blue CFC shirt with JT No1 or Fat Frank on the back..NO you dont..I cannot for the life of me see why people think its cool and ok it just makes us look ridiculous and the whole episode today just sends out the message to fans of other clubs that we are a joke of one..you dont see the glazers,abramovich,randy lerner,george gillet, or any other billionaire owners behaving like this guy does, you might think its a laugh and cool that he is behaving like one of the lads..thats the whole point thats our stereotype and how the rest of the country sees us..i find it cringeworthy

Some of you are incredibly cynical, and happy to attack the man for anything and everything, even if it's enjoyable things that you probably do yourself at the match. Why do you care so much about what is the percieved norm, about what is typical and about what other people in his position do? Why should he sit in the director's box, wearing a suit, separated from the fans just because pathetically sensitive fans like yourself don't like him doing what he wants which he is perfectly entitled to do after putting so much money into the club?

Right then, the bloke knows that he is constantly being watched by the tv cameras, as soon as he sits in the stand at any ground.  He has somehow managed to get a pint into the seating area just before the second half just before half time, and then does something completely fuckwitted and necks it.  Nothing to be sensitive about and I never drink at the games as I prefer to drink beer before you generalise me with this glory hunting 'recluse'.

Roman Abramavich has put his coin in as you say more than anyone at any club, but do you see him going on like it..

I think there are a few people who would disagree with that for a start.

And can you imagine what that plonker would look like in a chelsea shirt?

Roman Abramavich has put his coin in as you say more than anyone at any club, but do you see him going on like it..ever see him in a blue CFC shirt with JT No1 or Fat Frank on the back..NO you dont..I cannot for the life of me see why people think its cool and ok it just makes us look ridiculous and the whole episode today just sends out the message to fans of other clubs that we are a joke of one..you dont see the glazers,abramovich,randy lerner,george gillet, or any other billionaire owners behaving like this guy does, you might think its a laugh and cool that he is behaving like one of the lads..thats the whole point thats our stereotype and how the rest of the country sees us..i find it cringeworthy

so fuck? I don't get where you are coming from at all?

I don't shag your missus, but I presume you do?!?!? Does that make me wrong?

Mike Ashley pays his money like everyone else, more than everyone tbh. he can wear what he likes.

EDIT: You take your life too seriously imo